Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ellejennifer)
    congratulations! do you mind me asking what your predicted grades are? thanks
    Thanks!😄 I think I'm predicted A*AA, I Got AABB in the summer, but high Bs so the A prediction wasn't inflated or anything

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from KCL yet?? It's the only one I'm waiting for now and I applied on October 7th ((

ReputationRep:
    just got a rejection from ucl, reason is poor lnat results

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)
    Leeds, Manchester, Southampton or Exeter in your opinion?
    Definately Exeter.

For law similar reputation to Leed/Manchester but overall rating as a university it averages about number 8 of all Unis in recent years, way above the others. Also Exeter was the only one of those not in clearing for law last year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kgsj20)
    Has anyone heard back from KCL yet?? It's the only one I'm waiting for now and I applied on October 7th ((
    Im still waiting for KCL as well, applied 1st of October
    same situation as you, it is the only one I'm still waiting for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)
    Definately Exeter.

For law similar reputation to Leed/Manchester but overall rating as a university it averages about number 8 of all Unis in recent years, way above the others. Also Exeter was the only one of those not in clearing for law last year.
    I'm just worried about its international reputation?

Also, which unis have you applied to, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by himeandme)
    just got a rejection from ucl, reason is poor lnat results
    What was your LNAT score if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Satoshii)
    I'm just worried about its international reputation?
    Also, which unis have you applied to, if you don't mind me asking?
    For international rep. Probably Manchester only because its been around a while and the City name is recognized.

My choices were:

1.Oxford. Rejected
    2. Kings. Rejected
    3. Bristol. Waiting
    4. QMUL. Offer
    5. Exeter. Offer

Other choices that I didnt pick because they were in clearing last year but still on my list:

1b. Warrick
    2b. Newcastle
    3b. Birmingham

I also would have liked York and Manchester but they don't offer a year abroad option that I´m specifically looking for.

ReputationRep:
    Just gat a offer from Warwick for Law!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cewhite)
    Just gat a offer from Warwick for Law!
    Well done! Can I ask what you got at GCSE please?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just got an offer from Durham, applied back in October (lol)
    My LNAT score was 23 so didn't think I'd make it tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Poppycharlotte)
    Just got an offer from Durham, applied back in October (lol)
    My LNAT score was 23 so didn't think I'd make it tbh
    Hi, Congrats on your offer! I was just wondering what you got at AS and GCSE? Ive applied to Durham but i'm still waiting for a reply! I scored 21 on my LNAT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MZS15)
    Im still waiting for KCL as well, applied 1st of October
    same situation as you, it is the only one I'm still waiting for
    Omg you applied even earlier than me! Why does it take them so long Are you planning on firming it if you get an offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09owenss)
    Hi, Congrats on your offer! I was just wondering what you got at AS and GCSE? Ive applied to Durham but i'm still waiting for a reply! I scored 21 on my LNAT.
    Thank you! At AS I got AAAA and my GCSE's weren't so good - A*A*AABCCCC..

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! At AS I got AAAA and my GCSE's weren't so good - A*A*AABCCCC..
    They're still a good set of GCSE's and well done at AS! What are you predicted at A2 and what subjects do you study?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 09owenss)
    They're still a good set of GCSE's and well done at AS! What are you predicted at A2 and what subjects do you study?
    I'm not so sure haha but thank you! I'm predicted A*A*A* and I study English lit, history and religious studies

ReputationRep:
    I'm not so sure haha but thank you! I'm predicted A*A*A* and I study English lit, history and religious studies
    Wow thats impressive!

I achieved 21 in my LNAT.
    GCSE : 3A*s 3As 6Bs
    AS : AAAB
    Predicted : A*AAA
    Studying: History, Geography, RE and Business Studies.

I doubt I'm going to receive an offer, but it was worth taking the risk and applying anyway.

ReputationRep:
    Durham offer just tonight (already have QMUL and UCL), waiting on king's and LSE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crocface)
    For international rep. Probably Manchester only because its been around a while and the City name is recognized.

My choices were:

1.Oxford. Rejected
    2. Kings. Rejected
    3. Bristol. Waiting
    4. QMUL. Offer
    5. Exeter. Offer

Other choices that I didnt pick because they were in clearing last year but still on my list:

1b. Warrick
    2b. Newcastle
    3b. Birmingham

I also would have liked York and Manchester but they don't offer a year abroad option that I´m specifically looking for.
    ah, you went about it logically, unlike some people (me lol) well congrats on your offers 2 solid universities and good luck with Bristol ^^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mitchriding)
    Durham offer just tonight (already have QMUL and UCL), waiting on king's and LSE
    Congrats! If you don't mind me asking... what did you get in your LNAT? What grades did you get in your GCSEs and ASs? What are you studying as at A2 and what have you been predicted?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.