Turn on thread page Beta

UKCAT for 2017 Entry to UK watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Charms tee)
    Which ones would you suggest? I really really wanted to go to Birmingham but I think that might be out now with my gcse results.
    You'd definitely have a better chance going for Manchester, Newcastle, maybe Liverpool and Barts too. What's your ucas tariff like?
    Are you planning to sit the bmat?
    I mean with a score in the 700s you'd practically be guaranteed an interview in Manchester

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    You'd definitely have a better chance going for Manchester, Newcastle, maybe Liverpool and Barts too. What's your ucas tariff like?
    Are you planning to sit the bmat?
    I mean with a score in the 700s you'd practically be guaranteed an interview in Manchester
    I have not looked into sitting the bmat as UKAT has been really stressful😁 But again would appreciate any advise to see if it is going to better if I do sit it. Re ucas points are these not available after you get AS or AL results?

ReputationRep:
    I have not looked into sitting the bmat as UKAT has been really stressful😁 But again would appreciate any advise to see if it is going to better if I do sit it. Re ucas points are these not available after you get AS or AL results?
    I think you count ucas points based on your predicted A2s. You do have a high score in the ukcat and section 1 of the bmat is similar to it, depends if you're up for it try a paper and see how it goes. If you took all the sciences and maths at AS you won't have to learn any extra things you may have missed at gcse.

ReputationRep:
    Well, well, well I'm done with my UKCAT! :woo:

:party: :party: :party:

ReputationRep:
    hi guys
    I sat my UKCAT today and am unsure of the results..
    I got:
    VR 540
    QR 740
    AR 690
    SJ band 1
    Average 657
    will this score be of disadvantage to me?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raniafern)

Congratulations!!!!! :h::grouphugs:How did it go?

ReputationRep:
    So its a week till my UKCAT and im really struggling with VR still! and the real thing is apparently harder this year. I have been doing the techquie of scanning for key words but i can either never find them or i find it impossible to make a valid inference in the time given. I think its too late to try and switch to anotehr techquie and i dont know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    Can you choose when to book your test?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zak7399)
    Can you choose when to book your test?
    Thanks
    Yes, all the available dates are on the site.

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=thatcooldude2.0;66939120]I think you count ucas points based on your predicted A2s. You do have a high score in the ukcat and section 1 of the bmat is similar to it, depends if you're up for it

Ah ok predicts are AABB plus A* in EPQ but I'm hoping for AAAC because I really messed up one of the maths papers😖

ReputationRep:

Awesome! how was it?

ReputationRep:

Yeah come on suspense is killing me😄

ReputationRep:
    My test is tomorrow, hopefully it goes well! Thank you guys for the advice I am so nervous though.

ReputationRep:

What was your score

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chikku_7)
    My test is tomorrow, hopefully it goes well! Thank you guys for the advice I am so nervous though.
    Ah good luck👍 How have your practise tests gone?

ReputationRep:
    Ah good luck👍 How have your practise tests gone?
    I have been averaging: 650, 670 and 710. I have been quite consistent in my results, been getting the same score in VR - 650 each time haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chikku_7)
    Best of luck!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by clairebear101)
    So its a week till my UKCAT and im really struggling with VR still! and the real thing is apparently harder this year. I have been doing the techquie of scanning for key words but i can either never find them or i find it impossible to make a valid inference in the time given. I think its too late to try and switch to anotehr techquie and i dont know what to do.
    Try scanning through the answers first and instead of diving in looking for the first option see Which one sounds most like it could be correct and is reasonable then scan for that; that's what I have been doing, most of the time the first or second scan is right as one or two are normally ridiculous and couldn't be right. It saves a lot of time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabella1999)
    Anyone find medify mock 2 way harder than mock 1? Got 740 average for mock 1 but only 690 in mock 2, plz don't say this is only me
    I did much better on mock 2 surprisingly My average went from 723 to 753!

ReputationRep:
    For the quantitative reasoning is it better to look at the data or the question first?

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.