Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jj15)
    The above will only provide a total of 400 UMS. Don't we need 600 UMS for FM?
    you need 6 modules but the point is you don't need 3 of them to be AS

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 13 1 20 8 42)
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ck31)
    I haven't read all the posts but did anyone get completely wrecked on that paper like honestly I believe I'd be lucky to get like an E. Can I take solace in anyone doing as bad as I?
    Lol yes... I did real bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixel_Green)
    4c, I think you might lose M1A1.

8b, maybe you left a factor of 1/2 out on one of your sin(2theta)'s after integrating or worked to different sf? If you look at the method I did the same.
    This is what I did in the exam I think Name:  1465456458516.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  15.2 KB
    I think if it was out of 8, I'd be losing around 5 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yep. I am taking 5 A2 (FP2, FP3, M3, M4, M5) modules and only 1 AS (FP1)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Yep. I am taking 5 A2 (FP2, FP3, M3, M4, M5) modules and only 1 AS (FP1)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Something tells me you enjoy mechanics..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pixel_Green)
    2 marks I think; argand diagram
    Okay thank you that's not terrible number of marks to lose 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    I think you guys are underestimating how far grade boundaries can drop. There was a year where an A* in C3 (or C4? Can't remember) was 59. And another when an A in M1 was 49. Obviously the fp2 won't drop that far but everyone I've seen so far said it was horrible.

We have 3 people with offers from Cambridge in our maths class and 2 of them were literally in tears after it. The other one just didn't want to comment. I'm sure there's many who still got around 70. But it was certainly a difficult paper. It certainly won't be anywherenear as high as 67 for an A* like some have said
    The June 2013 C3 paper had 57/75 for A*. But to be fair, that exam was the spawn of satan. It shows, as the Hitler reacts got like 150k view.

Here is the poll for last years FP3 which had 59/75 for an A*
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3417321

I don't think it will go in the 50s but I think it might drop to around 64/65. I hope so anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Datta10)
    This is what I did in the exam I think Name:  1465456458516.jpg
Views: 169
Size:  15.2 KB
    I think if it was out of 8, I'd be losing around 5 ?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah, probably lose about 5.

Think 2/3 marks for getting one correct integral (3 if M1M1A1, kinda generous though), maybe a method for attempting to add the areas.

Bad idea to model the overlap between +-arcos(3/4) as a sector, c1 between +-arcos(3/4) is a sector when you take the angle at the centre (ie 3,0. Not 0,0) and seeing as the overlap is a different shape anyway then the overlap is at best part of an ovoid which is not a circle thus it is not a sector

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pyslocke)
    The June 2013 C3 paper had 57/75 for A*. But to be fair, that exam was the spawn of satan. It shows, as the Hitler reacts got like 150k view.

I don't think it will go in the 50s but I think it might drop to around 64/65. I hope so anyway
    FP3 was certainly a different beast. That paper ****ed my mind more than STEP lol

ReputationRep:
    FP3 was certainly a different beast. That paper ****ed my mind more than STEP lol
    I didn't take it last year but I found it difficult doing it in the comfort of my own home. But as we know, Edexcel don't make the same paper hard two years in a row....... right? :s

ReputationRep:
    I didn't take it last year but I found it difficult doing it in the comfort of my own home. But as we know, Edexcel don't make the same paper hard two years in a row....... right? :s
    You'd have to say three...2014 had pretty low boundaries (around 62-64 for an A* IIRC) and was super awkward as well. Third time's the charm though, and having clearly made an effort to up the ante with FP2, in the wake of ever increasing boundaries, they might go soft on FP3 in the wake of ever decreasing boundaries..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Easy to do if you remember sin x = (e^ix - e^-ix)/(2i), but otherwise just IBP twice
    What was your answer to 4b when using the exponential form of sine?

ReputationRep:
    How many do you think wed lose if we attempted IBP but didn't get it. Like 2 out of 7?

ReputationRep:
    Hey...is there an unofficial mark scheme for the F2 IAL paper? or even a discussion thread

ReputationRep:
    I know we only need 3 AS & 3 A2. I was questioning the below comments on the requirement of 3 AS in FM where it seems that one could do with 3 A2 & FP 1 for FM.

(Original post by Student403)
    There's no such thing as your 3 "AS" modules in FM. So long as you have 3 A2 modules + FP1 (indeed M3, S2 and M2 count), you're fine
    It would be clearer if he states that any of your A2 modules along with FP1 can be taken into the computation of 300 UMS required for AS, as long as you have fulfilled the 300 UMS required for A2.

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember how much marks question 4 (first order differentials) was worth? And also, if possible, broken down into part a i and ii and b

ReputationRep:

64/65 for an A or A*?

Can someone post the paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jj15)
    I know we only need 3 AS & 3 A2. I was questioning the below comments on the requirement of 3 AS in FM where it seems that one could do with 3 A2 & FP 1 for FM.

It would be clearer if he states that any of your A2 modules along with FP1 can be taken into the computation of 300 UMS required for AS, as long as you have fulfilled the 300 UMS required for A2.
    Apologies I thought that was trivial......

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 24, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.