The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Sophiekeenan
Is anyone revising the essays that came up last year. Aswell does anyone know the predictions for aggression, sleep and relationships?

I'm revising them but not in as much detail. There's probably no chance they come up again, but I'm worried they'll throw in a 4 marker or something of a past topic to throw us
Is anyone revising the essays that came up last year. Aswell does anyone know the predictions for aggression, sleep and relationships?

I'm not, purely because there are so many essays to learn I will be putting them at low priority and mainly focusing on the one's that haven't come up.

I think predictions for sleep is EP and EZ and perhaps sleep disorders. Aggression maybe evolutionary explanations, so either group displays or infidelity and jealousy. And I don't do relationships unfortunately!
Original post by Anymorefor123
Are people gonna bother learning all the essays ? As in even the 24 markers that came up in last years paper and probably unlikely to appear again ??

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah dont have time, missing out 3 essays for aggression 2015 and 2014 ones. relationship im missing 2 for relatinshps, and then sleep im missing 3-4
Does anyone just use loopas essays? Are they enough to secure an A?

Relationships is culture, breakdown, formation and sexual selection
Original post by CAPTAINSHAZAM
Nah dont have time, missing out 3 essays for aggression 2015 and 2014 ones. relationship im missing 2 for relatinshps, and then sleep im missing 3-4

They have in the past repeated questions from two years prior as smaller mark questions (did it last year for eating behaviour, same topic as 2013), so I would be careful there
Original post by zoex101
My Psychology teacher believes they are full of waffle, WAY too long to write in the time limit, and copied out of Cara Flanagan's Complete Companion besides.
Original post by adtr0706
They have in the past repeated questions from two years prior as smaller mark questions (did it last year for eating behaviour, same topic as 2013), so I would be careful there

Theyve never done a full essay nor have they done it on my section of sleep relationships or aggression. Besides if its 4 marker or smaller question its not going to be that bad even if i get it wrong last year you could pretty much miss an essay and still get an A.
Original post by Daisy May
My Psychology teacher believes they are full of waffle, WAY too long to write in the time limit, and copied out of Cara Flanagan's Complete Companion besides.

Ive used it and ive been fine under the 30 min time limit, course teachers arent gonna say its good because we wont need teachers then we can just use his resources. I used it once as part of my mock and was given 21/24 by another teacher.
Ive been using them now and can manage fine in the timed conditions
Original post by zoex101

I am and yes if learnt its more than enough for an A, its not waffle because everything said is relevant and dont know how it can be critiqued i always add things or change things around but 90% is relevant.
for aggression, can neural and hormonal explanations come up as separate essays or would they definitely be together?
Original post by AmbikaKJ
for aggression, can neural and hormonal explanations come up as separate essays or would they definitely be together?

Apparently they can be asked separately ive learnt two studies for each so 2 for seratonin and dopamine two for testosterone but they should be together.
Original post by zoex101

i've been using them but he said himself that they're extremely detailed an include more than enough information, so i used his essays to compose my only versions that i could do in the time limit and then I've been learning those. Seems to work for me!

Hey which ones are you missing for aggression because I think I may end up doing the same
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Hey which ones are you missing for aggression because I think I may end up doing the same

The institutional one as it came up last year, and then the social psychological one about social learning and deindivudation as that was asked as a general thing the year before. Neural and hormonal hasnt appeared as essay in a long time so feel like they will ask it.
The institutional one as it came up last year, and then the social psychological one about social learning and deindivudation as that was asked as a general thing the year before. Neural and hormonal hasnt appeared as essay in a long time so feel like they will ask it.

Okay thank you :smile: I won't learn institutional I think and for deindividuation we were told to learn a half essay anyway in case they ask for more than one as they can't specify a 24 marker or slt or dd but just social psych in general
Original post by qwertyuipdoe
Okay thank you :smile: I won't learn institutional I think and for deindividuation we were told to learn a half essay anyway in case they ask for more than one as they can't specify a 24 marker or slt or dd but just social psych in general

They already asked it previously which is why i dont think they will do it again, especially because some essays havent been asked in 6-7 exam windows which are overdue.
does anyone wanna mark/grade my ez and ep essays?:u:
If applications to education comes up for cognitive development, we don't need to refer to both Piaget and Vygotsky, right? We were told to prep essays for both, yet everywhere else seems to class it as one essay

I'm doing exactly the same!!

Latest

Trending

Trending