Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Been a fairly slow day for me, most of the debates here haven't been things I've felt able to jump into, and the dentist really took it out of me even though it was a quick in and out for a filling to be done.

On the bright side I had my hair cut for the first time in quite a while and now feel much better about how I look

Looking forward to a busy bank holiday weekend, full of canvassing, leafleting and relaxation however, sadly missing
    Tessa Jowell's canvassing session on Sunday however as I am taking my brothers to the cinema
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Been a fairly slow day for me, most of the debates here haven't been things I've felt able to jump into, and the dentist really took it out of me even though it was a quick in and out for a filling to be done.

On the bright side I had my hair cut for the first time in quite a while and now feel much better about how I look

Looking forward to a busy bank holiday weekend, full of canvassing, leafleting and relaxation however, sadly missing
    Tessa Jowell's canvassing session on Sunday however as I am taking my brothers to the cinema
    Going to see anything good at the cinema?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Ratchet and Clank, hopefully will be taking myself off to see civil war soon however as well

ReputationRep:
    I'm just back from Captain America.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ratchet and Clank, hopefully will be taking myself off to see civil war soon however as well
    It's amazingly good, up there with Avengers.

And yes, I may catch RaC too, a significant part of my childhood there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I just found out that frozen is on Netflix

And loads of other Disney stuff from my childhood I didn't know they have, loads more Disney than I recall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I am off to the cinema myself, at a film festival. I am in Brussels visiting my friend who works in the Commission, and there is a short film festival. Seeing a film amongst others which the son of a work colleague is in.

Might sample Belgian beer sometime today.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Someone posted an MP quiz on my Facebook so I did it and my result

Who the heck is Margert Hodge?!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)

This is what the not so reliable Wikipedia has to say: Dame Margaret Eve Hodge, Lady Hodge DBEMP (born 8 September 1944) is a British Labour politician, who has served as Member of Parliament for Barking since 1994.
    Hodge was created Minister for Children in 2003 before becoming Minister of State for Culture and Tourism in 2005. On 9 June 2010 she was elected Chairman of the influential Public Accounts Committee, in succession to Sir Edward Leigh MP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

She was a very good chairman of the public accounts committee, enjoyed tearing people a new one.

(Original post by Aph)

That's who I got too
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    This is what the not so reliable Wikipedia has to say: Dame Margaret Eve Hodge, Lady Hodge DBEMP (born 8 September 1944) is a British Labour politician, who has served as Member of Parliament for Barking since 1994.
    Hodge was created Minister for Children in 2003 before becoming Minister of State for Culture and Tourism in 2005. On 9 June 2010 she was elected Chairman of the influential Public Accounts Committee, in succession to Sir Edward Leigh MP.
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    She was a very good chairman of the public accounts committee, enjoyed tearing people a new one.
    Ahhhh, so a blairite? She looks quite scary actually...
    (Original post by nebelbon)
    That's who I got too
    :afraid: I agree with a kipper?!
    Actually it's a fairly poor quiz because there are a maximum of 256 outcomes out of 650 MPs. Although having said that assuming that there are 256 outcomes that's pretty good!!! Although probably horrendously inaccurate

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)

Caroline Lucas
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    Caroline Lucas
    It's just our position on trident which seperates us!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    It's just our position on trident which seperates us!!!
    Hang on, you're for Trident now?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Caroline Lucas
    Apparently Caroline Lucas is being monitored by the police under the anti-terrorism act because she has been in some environmental protests: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-36171778 . The Tories certainly know how to waste the police's already minute budget.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quamquam123)
    Apparently Caroline Lucas is being monitored by the police under the anti-terrorism act because she has been in some environmental protests: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-36171778 . The Tories certainly know how to waste the police's already minute budget.
    And yet if I call the police it'll take them 20 minutes to half an hour to get here even in an emergency. But hey........we're all in this together, right?:rolleyes:
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    Hang on, you're for Trident now?
    Did you not see the defence review??? After doing more research on it and things like game theory I found myself persuaded that it is in the interests of national security

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Did you not see the defence review??? After doing more research on it and things like game theory I found myself persuaded that it is in the interests of national security
    Of course, I'd actually forgotten about that

At least we agree on most of the other points then
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I got Micheal Gove

https://www.riddle.com/a/63174?result=Ng

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.