Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Announcements
  • View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Best of luck with your results guys!
    I hope the grade boundaries are ever in your favour

ReputationRep:
    Dear friends, I have some questions. Sorry if I am being repetitive but it seems easier to post my queries in bulk here.

1) Our results are out at 9AM (?) UK time on the 18th but our colleges have them 2 days prior. How likely is it that the college will tell me my results before the 18th?
    2) UCAS Track. Does it also update at the exact same time? If I see that my firm choice has rejected me, is there any point phoning the university? If both reject me, can I still phone my insurance choice?
    3) Clearing. Is it really as hectic as it sounds? I mean, it starts sometime in the afternoon and then you're supposed to just phone the universities like crazy? Can you also phone those not on the clearing list to find out if they'd have an extra spot?
    4) Is it sensible to not look at my results/Track and just wait for my uni's welcome email? When do those arrive?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pecora)
    Dear friends, I have some questions. Sorry if I am being repetitive but it seems easier to post my queries in bulk here.

1) Our results are out at 9AM (?) UK time on the 18th but our colleges have them 2 days prior. How likely is it that the college will tell me my results before the 18th?
    2) UCAS Track. Does it also update at the exact same time? If I see that my firm choice has rejected me, is there any point phoning the university? If both reject me, can I still phone my insurance choice?
    3) Clearing. Is it really as hectic as it sounds? I mean, it starts sometime in the afternoon and then you're supposed to just phone the universities like crazy? Can you also phone those not on the clearing list to find out if they'd have an extra spot?
    4) Is it sensible to not look at my results/Track and just wait for my uni's welcome email? When do those arrive?
    1) No, they get them 3-5 days earlier (think it's five) and UCAS results are 8AM and we can get A-levels from 6AM.

2) only phone if you are getting a priority remark. Other than that there is no point as they won't reconsider.

3) DO NOT phone unis which are not on clearing lists, it's a waste of time and you'll be turned down. And clearing starts at 12.

4) some unis don't send said e-mails and others won't send them for up to 2 weeks. Not looking is stupid.

Your College/Sixth Form will have your results a day before you get them or so. It's unlikely they'll tell you your results beforehand, but it's not really unheard of.**

Usually there isn't much point tbh, but you can if you really really want to. Universities will have had your results for about a week or so prior to you receiving them so they already will have had time to look at your application. I'd suggest it'd be better to look into clearing instead.

Clearing places should be up, so I'd just focus energy on looking at those. I have no idea how hectic it is but make sure not to make a rash decision.

Definitely not - not all Uni's will send welcome emails (mine didn't) and if you have missed your offer, you won't know and will likely miss clearing too. *

ReputationRep:

1) no chance
    2) it updates between 7.20am and 8am on the 18th usually, so keep checking from 7. If your firm has rejected you and your grades aren't far off then it is worth ringing them in my opinion.
    3) yes clearing is pretty hectic because so many people use the service, I wouldnt bother with those not on the clearing lists as they will not have any spaces, if they did they would be made availible in clearing. Just be prepared with numbers before results day just in case and know what you would want to do if the worst happens.
    4) not every uni sends out a welcome email/text, you really are better just looking at track and your results.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    1) No, they get them 3-5 days earlier (think it's five) and UCAS results are 8AM and we can get A-levels from 6AM.

2) only phone if you are getting a priority remark. Other than that there is no point as they won't reconsider.

3) DO NOT phone unis which are not on clearing lists, it's a waste of time and you'll be turned down. And clearing starts at 12.

4) some unis don't send said e-mails and others won't send them for up to 2 weeks. Not looking is stupid.
    Clearing starts when people have results and universities are answering the phones (so between 7:30-9am depending on the university).

Applicants can only add a clearing choice on track at 3pm. It is expected that applicants will have 3-10 informal offers from universities at that point and will choose their favourite to make a formal application.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HFancy1997)
    yes there are on each of the respective threads, sorry I dont know what pages specifically

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I'll have a rummage through them later

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    Clearing starts when people have results and universities are answering the phones (so between 7:30-9am depending on the university).

Applicants can only add a clearing choice on track at 3pm. It is expected that applicants will have 3-10 informal offers from universities at that point and will choose their favourite to make a formal application.
    Ahhh, okay that's interesting. Thanks I thought it was it all starts at 12 so everyone starts together so that's useful if I'm in that situation:lol:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)

So the most sensible thing then is to look at results first? Not UCAS? And then prepare for clearing if my results are lower than I needed?

And you're saying 3-10 offers, does that mean that I will definitely get accepted somewhere through clearing? That's a relief.

Also, one more question. Both of my choices are Scottish so I only applied for the Scottish finance thing (I'm EU). What if I end up going to an English uni? Am I guaranteed to get the 9k loan?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatcooldude2.0)
    How many subjects did you resit? Ikr I enjoy physics too but I skipped/didn't know how to answer so many questions! On the bright side my unit 2 resit from AS went pretty good this year, probs not enough to push my overall grade up much though. Ah that sounds good, so you hoping to transfer to medicine after first year? Exeter is great btw, I really liked it when I went there I'm sure they will, have you checked courses in clearing yet? I'm sure I saw a lot of medical sciences courses available!
    I was resitting 3 subjects. Me too! I skipped so many questions on my first exam and I know I pretty much failed it. The annoying thing is, I was so prepared for this one as well! My AS was a B, making an A seem impossible. Are you a resitter? Or just wondering in case you get less this year? I might but I'm not sure. I really like the medical sciences course and it looks so interesting, so I might even stick it out for four year instead!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SinsNotTragedies)
    Did anyone do edexcel politics here? :holmes:
    me unit 3c and 4c

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vik1234)
    me unit 3c and 4c
    guys the papers and mark schemes are on the front page check them out!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnterNamehereplz)
    Oh C R A P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How long does it take for Student Finance to process your application??? My friend told me 6 weeks ://

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnterNamehereplz)
    They're not there

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    All 2016 Edexcel stuff is here
    http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html

Open if you have the balls haha, I've read the 3c and 4c mark schemes and to be honest they were what I was expecting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pato1)
    All 2016 Edexcel stuff is here
    http://paper-cut.weebly.com/mayjune-2016.html

Open if you have the balls haha, I've read the 3c and 4c mark schemes and to be honest they were what I was expecting
    How about aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maggie43)
    They're not there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They're not there

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How about aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile

Sorry I didn't mention it's edexcel only. I didn't know until yesterday so just typed it really quickly. Only edexcel is out but still share the news!

Two weeks.. I'm losing my appetite and my time of the month is getting more and more late...all because of this one day

ReputationRep:
    How about aqa

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You won't be getting AQA or OCR stuff any time soon. Apparently though they [exam boards] are releasing thousands of marked papers next year for schools to look at.

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 7, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.