Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usmaan345)
    Is it 3.8 or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It's 3.8.

ReputationRep:
    The two questions near the end, The algebraic fractions. Would you get full marks if you left the first one in the form ...... 3-x / (x-3)(3x + 4)? It was only a two mark question and seems a bit unrealistic to expect people to factorise the quadratic and then risk multiplying by -1, just for 2 marks.
    The next one asked for the fraction to be given in the simplest form. i left it as 2x/ (x-1)(x+1) as oppose to expanding the denominator brackets to x^2 + 1, is that less "simple"?

Anybody know why the "tom is 1.80m" question was worth 3 marks? i dont see anything else you can do other than times 1.80 by 1.45.

one last one. On Collins expenses, how many marks would be lost by forgetting to add the parking charge? out of 5 marks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Barnewell)
    or 80.1 we are having a school debate, you couldd say a maths debate
    I got 80.1

ReputationRep:
    It is 3.8, as 3.7 is too small, 3.8 is too big and 3.75 is too small. I just double checked it myself. All of my grade A/A* students got 3.8. It was very close to 3.75 (and that trial gets you a mark) so if anyone just looked at it and guessed rather than trialling the value in the middle (or if trialled 3.76 or above) they may have come to the conclusion it it 3.7.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacksparrow1111)
    The two questions near the end, The algebraic fractions. Would you get full marks if you left the first one in the form ...... 3-x / (x-3)(3x + 4)? It was only a two mark question and seems a bit unrealistic to expect people to factorise the quadratic and then risk multiplying by -1, just for 2 marks.
    The next one asked for the fraction to be given in the simplest form. i left it as 2x/ (x-1)(x+1) as oppose to expanding the denominator brackets to x^2 + 1, is that less "simple"?

Anybody know why the "tom is 1.80m" question was worth 3 marks? i dont see anything else you can do other than times 1.80 by 1.45.

one last one. On Collins expenses, how many marks would be lost by forgetting to add the parking charge? out of 5 marks.
    I wrote the full number ( I think it was £42. ?????????????) As opposed to doing it to 4sf, how many marks would I get out of 5

ReputationRep:
    Crap I think I've lost 14-16 marks on paper 2 😩😩😩 I needed to get about 85 cos I made loads of mistakes on paper 1 and the lowest i probably got on paper 1 was 79😑😑 I just hope the boundaries for an A* aren't higher than 160 ish. I know this exam was pretty easy but still I made more mistakes than I've ever done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Usmaan345)
    Is it 3.8 or not

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep, 3.8.

ReputationRep:
    If i forgot to label the axis frequency density will i loose a mark

Also i got 135marks what shud that be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jacksparrow1111)

That algebraic fractions one was tough, but it was near the end of the paper, so meant to test the highest student, but my 90% student didn't answer either part of that question.

You did need to multiply by -1 and cancel by (x-3) for full marks but should get 1 mark for factorising the denominator. I believe you should have expanded the brackets, but should only lose one mark for not doing so, if any.

Tom is 1.80m... Q I believe you should get (1) for converting % to decimals (1) for the sum 1.8x1.45 and 1 for the correct answer. If units are needed, there is often an independent mark for those.

For the parking Q, I believe you will get (1) for gallons-litres or pounds to pence, (1) for total miles or total parking (1) for petrol cost (1) for adding petrol and parking together and (1) for the correct answer. If you forgot to add the parking, I believe you will lose the "adding petrol and parking" mark, but hopefully should get the follow through for the answer or may lose that as well, but no more than 2 marks lost.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teenw123)
    I wrote the full number ( I think it was £42. ?????????????) As opposed to doing it to 4sf, how many marks would I get out of 5
    Probably lose one mark out of four because you did not answer in context. It was a tough Q though, well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by legend.786)
    If i forgot to label the axis frequency density will i loose a mark

Also i got 135marks what shud that be

Posted from TSR Mobile

probs an A?

ReputationRep:
    Guys for the last question in the bmi question i just divided by 100 and timesed it by 145

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ikilliloot)
    Your actually wrong the answer is in fact, 3.7, the evidence is right here on this old test paper go to question 11.

http://www.mathsgenie.co.uk/papers/4hjune2013ans.pdf
    I am not wrong, and I double checked it after you said I was wrong. I am a maths teacher, so trial and improvement is well below my level of ability. You are quite rude to state that in the way you did without double checking yourself. Also, *you're wrong, not YOUR as you put.

ReputationRep:
    Maths Foundation paper 2 mark scheme anyone? 😞

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HX_AZAAN_786)
    Maths Foundation paper 2 mark scheme anyone?
    i dont think ones been created yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MissBdaviesMaths)
    I am not wrong, and I double checked it after you said I was wrong. I am a maths teacher, so trial and improvement is well below my level of ability. You are quite rude to state that in the way you did without double checking yourself. Also, *you're wrong, not YOUR as you put.
    You go miss!! Hehe

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got around:
    Paper 1: 91
    Paper 2: 90

Is that a safe A*??

Seriously this paper would have been such an easy 100%. Made so many silly mistakes
    I'm so salty rn

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BadgerNeer1)
    I got around:
    Paper 1: 91
    Paper 2: 90

Is that a safe A*??

Seriously this paper would have been such an easy 100%. Made so many silly mistakes
    I'm so salty rn
    If it's not an A*, I'd be making a complaint if I were you!

ReputationRep:
    Do you know roughly the grade boundaries for this year??

ReputationRep:
    What do you think you might get?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.