The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Isometrix
those choices are fine...bristol and liverpool dont use it and aberdeen place only 4% weighting on it which is also good. manchester rank everyones ukcat and interview the top X scorers...which could possibly pose a problem for you...but who knows maybe the the top X might range from your score upwards. im certainly taking that risk anyway.

Ah you're going for manchester then! Good luck Iso.
Sanjetti
Ah you're going for manchester then! Good luck Iso.

yep...sometimes i think i'm a fool for taking such a risk!
Isometrix

|It all depends on what X actually is when Manchester say they take the top X%. 627.5 is solid I guess, and quite high up, but there's always a bit of luck involved when making a cut off point that is based on the performance of the people applying.
Thanks for the advice. :smile:
Isometrix

Bear in mind that the cut-offs scores mentioned on here are a lot higher than in real life. With 627.5, you'll be fine i think.
Which of the following universities place a lot of weighting on UKCAT when considering placements to students?

- Keele University
- QMUL (Queen Mary)
- Uni of Manchester
- SGUL (St. George)

Please reply and thanks for the help!
Barts and the London (QMUL pisses them off) usually has a cut off for the ukcat and everyone below it is not considered. I think it was 600 average last year, and I don't think it would go down...
Sorry. I'm not entirely sure... what's the difference between QMUL and Barts? Because I normally equate the two together....
Catchetat
Which of the following universities place a lot of weighting on UKCAT when considering placements to students?

- Keele University
- QMUL (Queen Mary)
- Uni of Manchester
- SGUL (St. George)

Please reply and thanks for the help!

Any other user responses? Thanks!
This is what Manchester say about it.

''This year we will be selecting for interview by ranking by UKCAT score all those applicants who have successfully passed through our initial UCAS assessments.
Importantly, we will continue to give special consideration to those applicants who claim mitigating circumstances or have benefited from our mentoring programmes. Hence a low UKCAT score is not necessarily an indication that you will be rejected before interview. We look at our applicants as individuals not numbers!''
Catchetat
Any other user responses? Thanks!

Queen Mary used to have a cut off point, but apparently they're changing their system this year.
Reply 2192
Still, QMUL use UKCAT pretty heavily. I've emailed them:

1.Thank you for your interest in Barts and the London. There is no UKCAT cut off per se. It is decided on a year by year basis, and is dependant upon the scores of the candidates and the number of candidates we would like to interview. As such, the cut off score changes every year.

We use the UKCAT very heavily, as we use it to determine who we are going to interview.

I couldn't squeeze it out of them after several emails whether or not they are using a cut-off point this year.
They will be, they're just not telling yet :wink:
Catchetat
Sorry. I'm not entirely sure... what's the difference between QMUL and Barts? Because I normally equate the two together....
It's one of the biggest troll words you can use against barts students. "where do you go?"
"barts"
"oh, QMUL?"
"BARTS"
"yeah, that's in QMUL isn't it?"
Reply 2195
can ppl still do the ukcat or has the date passed cos ucas has gone? iv done mine but just wonderin lol...
Reply 2196
You can tell from the first post. :p: The last testing date was October 10th.
Plus you will have had to applied by now, so even if you had done it this year it would be redundant. :p:
Reply 2198
ooh riteyy...lozengec got the same ukcat score as me XD..wher you applyin? =]
daffy91
ooh riteyy...lozengec got the same ukcat score as me XD..wher you applyin? =]

Yay! :biggrin:
A100
Nottingham, Leeds and Brighton Sussex (order of preference)

A102
Southampton

Physiotherapy
Leeds Met

How about you? And did you get the same in the modules? 'Cause that would be very unusual. :p: :yep:

Latest

Trending

Trending