Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JohnnySPal)
    I wish I'd bought a "Never mind the Reading I'm at Leeds Festival '07" t-shirt. It woulda well propa made me stand out at Reading this year innit :cool:
    I have one!!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Wiki Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Wiki Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Just a quick question: how well do doc martens tend to do at Reading? (Or Leeds I guess :P) I have a million pairs so it won't be sad times if they get damaged but heatwise are my feet going to melt or am I going to lose them in mud? I don't know what the grounds like enough to know what to plan for

</stupid festival virgin question>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snoogy)
    Just a quick question: how well do doc martens tend to do at Reading? (Or Leeds I guess :P) I have a million pairs so it won't be sad times if they get damaged but heatwise are my feet going to melt or am I going to lose them in mud? I don't know what the grounds like enough to know what to plan for

</stupid festival virgin question>
    I tend to take 1 pair of wellies, 1 pair of pump-ish shoes and 1 pair ratty shoes I don't care about (but not boots).

This provides for circumstances involving rain & mud (wellies), nice weather (pumps) and nice weather but mosh pits (shoes I don't care about).

I would say you might sweat a bit in DM's, but they could prove useful if muddy! Up to you xx

ReputationRep:
    oops i accidently unwatched this! wondered why it'd all gone quiet!
    my tickets still haven't come although my car parking permit has, so at least i'll be able to park outside, even if i can't get in...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LdnShmoo)
    oops i accidently unwatched this! wondered why it'd all gone quiet!
    my tickets still haven't come although my car parking permit has, so at least i'll be able to park outside, even if i can't get in...

My tickets are here, yet no car park ticket yet! Im kinda worried about leaving my poor little car...lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidpoker)
    Clip of tent fire that ends hilariously:

Funny Tent Fire
    The joke's on you kidpoker, I actually love this song.
    You know it's the best selling track in Britain in 1987? Craziness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kidpoker)
    Clip of tent fire that ends hilariously:

Funny Tent Fire

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me what sorta time people start to arrive to queue for the campsite on thursday morning? theres trains throughout the night from paddington pretty much, with a gap between half 1 and half 3.

we had a really cramped spot on the side of the road in purple (which was MENTAL on the sunday night) last year and would kinda like to be in the middle of green or somewhere more central and less likely to be set fire to.

ReputationRep:
    My tickets came today!
    Even more amusingly both me and my best friend, who booked completely separately, in different houses, got the same coach number and tickets 1 and 2!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cabbaman98)
    My tickets came today!
    Even more amusingly both me and my best friend, who booked completely separately, in different houses, got the same coach number and tickets 1 and 2!
    There were a group of us who alll booked separarely yet are all on the same coach, which is good as otherwise it was going to be those on the earliest bus setting up all the tents!!
    Our coach will get there about 10am on the thursday, do you reckon we will be ok for getting a pitch? Last year I got there ALOT later but the people I was sharing a tent with were already set up so it was fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vickyp1001)
    There were a group of us who alll booked separarely yet are all on the same coach, which is good as otherwise it was going to be those on the earliest bus setting up all the tents!!
    Our coach will get there about 10am on the thursday, do you reckon we will be ok for getting a pitch? Last year I got there ALOT later but the people I was sharing a tent with were already set up so it was fine!
    I didn't know they were doing coach tickets for Thursaday? But if you get there at 10am Thursday you will be ok, I wouldn't expect a prime spot however, but there will certainly be space. You just might be a while away from the arena XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmx)
    My tickets are here, yet no car park ticket yet! Im kinda worried about leaving my poor little car...lol
    ooh mine just came this morning
    yeah i know me too, just don't leave ANYTHING in your car and leave your glove compartment open + take the board bit out of your boot so people can see its empty! god its going to take me hours to get out on the monday, i'm driving up on wednesday so i'll probably be right at the front

ReputationRep:
    Just been shown a friend's email from Ticketline's customer services, everybody who ordered from them will have their tickets by Friday 21st. If you don't you need to ring customer services.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LdnShmoo)
    ooh mine just came this morning
    yeah i know me too, just don't leave ANYTHING in your car and leave your glove compartment open + take the board bit out of your boot so people can see its empty! god its going to take me hours to get out on the monday, i'm driving up on wednesday so i'll probably be right at the front

Yehh thats what im gonna do.

Haha, were leaving at like 3am on the thursday morning so should arrived at about 4.30 - 5am...haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sarahmx)
    Yehh thats what im gonna do.

Haha, were leaving at like 3am on the thursday morning so should arrived at about 4.30 - 5am...haha
    haha i may still be setting up my all the various tents ive been put in charge of when you arrive, so if you see someone surrounded by lots of empty tents in purple come and say hi! :hello:

ReputationRep:
    There are Early Birds on Seetickets without the Coach Package. I thought they were only sold in conjunction with the Coach P., what's going on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by moreiniho)
    There are Early Birds on Seetickets without the Coach Package. I thought they were only sold in conjunction with the Coach P., what's going on here?
    They brought some out a few weeks back, which kinda sucks as I've now spent loads more on a coach I could've done without.

ReputationRep:
    They brought some out a few weeks back, which kinda sucks as I've now spent loads more on a coach I could've done without.
    Ah ok.

ReputationRep:
    anyone who's driven to reading before, is it worth getting a locker to keep you car keys+sat nav in?! i never usually bother getting one but i'm terrified about loosing my keys or having them stolen!

ReputationRep:
    I didn't know they were doing coach tickets for Thursaday? But if you get there at 10am Thursday you will be ok, I wouldn't expect a prime spot however, but there will certainly be space. You just might be a while away from the arena XD

Luckily none of us are fussed about where we pitch, as long as well get space for all of us to camp together! And yeah they are defs doing coaches for thursday!

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.