Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Suh is a thug his face mask of Delhomme last pre season and now this, pretty soon he will get a reputation and get flagged every other play fair or not

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    Suh is a thug his face mask of Delhomme last pre season and now this, pretty soon he will get a reputation and get flagged every other play fair or not
    2 Plays doesn't create a dirty player.

An entire career of dirty plays does. See: Heinz Ward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rekyht)

Maybe but have you seen the delhomme face mask ? it was a disgrace

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rekyht)

No, but it's enough to get a bit of a reputation, especially with the short time that he's been in the league. I think he's a great player, but if he's not careful he'll end up with James Harrison syndrome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaah Blaah)
    Heh, I'd just about given up on the Browns hopes and any preseason entertainment, but last night was fantastic. Our new-scheme, half-injured, youth-led 1st team managed to solidly outplay the defending champs, and our 2nds continued to dominate throughout the match. McCoy put up great numbers, Hillis got several solid plays, and Cribbs look like he might finally be a reasonable WR.

I know its just the preseason and its a rubbish predictor of season performance, but it was still a nice game in its own right. And now the Browns have beaten the defending SB champs for 4 years in a row, which is a great statistic.
    Yes, congratulations. Colt McCoy carved through a secondary made up of Jarrett Bush, Pat Lee and Brandian Ross. The Browns are certainly Superbowl contenders now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shunter7634)
    No, but it's enough to get a bit of a reputation, especially with the short time that he's been in the league. I think he's a great player, but if he's not careful he'll end up with James Harrison syndrome.
    Possibly but thats not entirely a bad thing-it intimadates and sets down a marker which is, IMO, vital in for a good D-line. They're supposed to be mean and nasty buggers! Its also notable that Suh only does these things in the pre-season; he's smart as to when he cheats. I've seen 2 bad incidents from him in 20 games and all have been in the preseason. I don't think its conicidence that both of these have happened to Rookies in the first day of preseason.

I'd prefer the Lions D to have a reputation of being hard buggers than anything else.

ReputationRep:
    Who's actually playing for a team this year coming up? University or whatever?

ReputationRep:
    I'm playing uni ball!

I know the chargers lost, but we did well! See our 102 yard return TD?!? woo!
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    Possibly, yes.

Still deciding between AF, Rugby or nothing.

ReputationRep:
    My ankle won't be strong enough for any AF or Rugby until at least Easter, it'll be OK for normal football in about 6 weeks though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    My ankle won't be strong enough for any AF or Rugby until at least Easter, it'll be OK for normal football in about 6 weeks though.
    Just go along to american football anyway?

Just because your injured, doesn't mean you can't prepare.. as I've been told, turn up whether your fit or half dead... you can get mental reps in still and be mentally prepared when you return.. Plus you'll learn the playbook watching and helping out too..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    I'm playing uni ball!

I know the chargers lost, but we did well! See our 102 yard return TD?!? woo!
    Which uni?

ReputationRep:
    I'm hoping to join my local team, they're starting rookie sessions in November, I really need to start getting back into shape beforehand though

ReputationRep:
    tape tape tape. i've played the whole season on a grade 2 ankle sprain!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgegabriel)
    tape tape tape. i've played the whole season on a grade 2 ankle sprain!
    Broke my ankle, leg and all the ligaments 4 months ago requiring surgery, only just walking properly, but been told I will be allowed to play sport again!

ReputationRep:
    Broke my ankle, leg and all the ligaments 4 months ago requiring surgery, only just walking properly, but been told I will be allowed to play sport again!
    oh snap that's pretty bad then..not sure tape will do the trick there. BUT if you ever do play american football, tape your ankles. makes a huge difference and will protect your ankles a lot..especially if, like you, you've had past damage.

ReputationRep:
    Hoping to play CB for Ipswich Cardinals if I can afford the travel, medical insurance and have the time.

If not, it's the uni rugby team for me :] can't wait to get back on the field. My last game was August '09 and I've been training like crazy. I'm pretty sure I'm in the best shape of my life.

Oh and JETS LOSE =D

So this is the place for NFL talk?

It is back (pre-season at least) and I'm loving it although I am currently relegated to highlights as Sky don't air Pre-season and I cancelled my CanalSat sub as I'm going to uni

ReputationRep:
      Which uni?

Nottingham Trent baybehhh!

ReputationRep:
      Killer Bees, going to ruin the SWAC this year!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.