Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Halsey's refereeing tonight, the temperamental git.

I reckon we'll keep a clean sheet, what matters is down the other end of the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    Aye, 'tis all dependent on the line-up...and what Wenger will do is anyone's guess. I think we should play the strongest team but I don't think Wenger will.

If the first-team start I think we'll get an early goal and destroy them like we did Porto last year. But fielding a weak midfield could see us concede and conceding would be a ****in' disaster. Don't forget away goals count in this. Ipswich only need to score one which means we'll have to score 3. If we have Bendtner and Chamakh up front, I don't think we're getting those 3 goals.

**** it, 3-1...we'll do it the hard way as always.

ReputationRep:
    Put my student loan down on Ipswich scoring today so your defence better be in a generous mood today

ReputationRep:
    Should start with a strong team, get 2 or 3-0 up and then rest a few players once in a comfortable position. Won't happen though.

(Original post by JK.)
      Anything more than 10mins before kick off and you'll be in quickly. :yy:
      Cheers.

(Original post by antonfigo)
      I predict any more than 2 - 3 changes to our strongest lineup will screw us up.
      There will almost certainly be more than three changes.

Chamakh in for RVP.
      Bendtner in for Walcott.
      Arshavin in for Nasri.
      Denilson in for Wilshere.
      Gibbs in for Clichy.
      Eboue in for Sagna.
      Miquel in for Djourou.

All of the above are possibilities, and several, if not all, are probable.

I'm going to go for a nervy 2-0.

ReputationRep:
      Theo Walcott, Cesc Fabregas, Johan Djourou and Samir Nasri passed fitness tests on Monday after suffering minor bumps and bruises in the 3-0 win against Wigan. Sebastien Squillaci, Abou Diaby and perhaps Tomas Rosicky should be back at the weekend.

ReputationRep:
      Arsenal scout seen looking at Alan McGregor according to The Times.

ReputationRep:
      You boys will win easily tonight. 4 or 5 nil. Working so won't be able to watch it but hopefully it will be on 5 live

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Abiraleft)
      There will almost certainly be more than three changes.

Chamakh in for RVP.
      Bendtner in for Walcott.
      Arshavin in for Nasri.
      Denilson in for Wilshere.
      Gibbs in for Clichy.
      Eboue in for Sagna.
      Miquel in for Djourou.

All of the above are possibilities, and several, if not all, are probable.

Miquel's just played a game for the reserves along with Vela. Wenger has said there's no reason to make mass changes. He said he would make a few changes (at most 3/4, it seems). Of course, if those 3 missing are Nasri, Cesc and Van Persie then we're a lot weaker. But not long to wait now and hope no matter who starts we put in good effort.

Enjoy the game! :yy:

(Original post by Overmars)
        Miquel's just played a game for the reserves along with Vela. Wenger has said there's no reason to make mass changes. He said he would make a few changes (at most 3/4, it seems). Of course, if those 3 missing are Nasri, Cesc and Van Persie then we're a lot weaker. But not long to wait now and hope no matter who starts we put in good effort.

Enjoy the game! :yy:
        Yes, I only just saw that (about the reserves). I suppose there's still a chance of Song dropping to CB, but it seems likely that Djourou will continue his run. Wenger's said he'll treat the game like a Premier League fixture, but he also said he'll rotate - and the last time he rotated in a Premier League fixture...

I'm predicting:

Szczesny
        Eboue Djourou Kosciely Gibbs
        Song
        Fabregas Denilson
        Walcott--------------------Arshavin
        RVP

And thanks.

In other news:

Wenger says that loaning a new CB would be the best option - I was expecting this.

Spurs say they will move even if Olympic Stadium bid fails :yeah: I hope they go far far away.

ReputationRep:
        Twitter saying Fab sitting deep with denilson with nasri in front of them..

No way tbh

ReputationRep:
        I may get the chance to destroy the Emirates in the near future....

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Kevmeister)
        I may get the chance to destroy the Emirates in the near future....
        When? :holmes:

ReputationRep:
        I think the journo added the tractor thing into the article, rather than Chesney actually saying it. I thought it was a bit :lolwut: for a Polish guy to say it.

Are away goals still only counted AET or is it after 90 mins now? Not that it'll matter, going for a 4-0 to you. (Prone to revision when the teamsheet's out)

ReputationRep:
        -Szczesny-
        -Sagna----Djourou---Koscielny----Clichy-
        -Denilson-
        --Cesc--------Wilshere--
        -Bendtner------------------------Arshavin-
        -RVP-

Naz, Theo, Zidane and Chamakh on the bench. Should do the job, tbh. :yep:

ReputationRep:
        Cesc & RvP :coma:

ReputationRep:
        Real Madrid have taken Adebayor on loan from Citeh with a view to buying.

:rofl:

ReputationRep:
        I know Alex Chamberlain irl (well, that's a bit of an exaggeration... we have mutual friends on fb) so I may advise him to sign for us, if he does move. I think he will move although another season at St Mary's wouldn't do him any harm.

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by milkytea)
        I know Alex Chamberlain irl (well, that's a bit of an exaggeration... we have mutual friends on fb) so I may advise him to sign for us, if he does move. I think he will move although another season at St Mary's wouldn't do him any harm.
        Apparently, Arsenal are his number 1 choice already.

http://younggunsblog.co.uk/2011/01/c...-ideal-choice/

ReputationRep:
        Resorting to cheating already :rofl2:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.