Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD* Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simmy123)
    Yes u didnt have to its your own choice if you want to

Posted from TSR Mobile
    oh good! i thought i had talked for a page on material that wasn't allowed!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone else snigger when you saw that English examiners misspelled an English name for our English exam? xD (Priestley -> 'Priestly').

Yes, the wording of part b for OMaM was terrible. I had no idea how much to refer to Slim - but there were a few points I wanted to put in for him in part a which I didn't due to running out of time, so I thought what the hell. I included him in part b, but only included a paragraph.

ReputationRep:
    I did about 8 pages of the answer booklet wat bout u guys

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

i only wrote four!

ReputationRep:
    If I got 24/30 on my coursework, what is the lowest mark I could of got today to keep me on an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    For eric in section a i talked about
    Responsibilty
    Historical context
    Links to evas death
    I used the idea of write a lot about a little so for one quote i had two different interpretations
    I did the same technique fr section b
    What grade could this be

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well it depends on your way of writing
    if you used many quotes to back your points up thats awsome
    however you could of mentioned his drinking and also other characters related to him. i cant really judge your grade as i am not aware of the points u made

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    high five

ReputationRep:
    I did no intro or conclusion, do they really gain you any marks? Should I use them in Poetry, or are they pointless?

ReputationRep:
    is about 750 words for each question too little?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jesus! I wrote about 5 & 3/4 !

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I spent too much time on the short stories bit and wrote up 8.5pages however for the OMAM question i only wrote up 4 pages ran out of time, but did manage to mention all of the valid points. D:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fabz_x)
    I spent too much time on the short stories bit and wrote up 8.5pages however for the OMAM question i only wrote up 4 pages ran out of time, but did manage to mention all of the valid points. D:
    what!?!?

how many words is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by andersson)
    Can I make a recommendation that we change the subject to poetry? We seem to work very well together, and today's exam is in the past; there's not much point in discussing it. It's likely that we all did a little bit better in the exam because of this thread, so let's use this again to our advantage for Thursday's exam.

If you absolutely must talk about the Unit 1 exam then start a new thread, this one should now be dedicated to getting everyone prepared for poetry!
    I agree with you. We need to move on and stop worrying about what we've done today and start working on the poetry. Any ideas on what the relationship poems are going to be?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chatty)
    I agree with you. We need to move on and stop worrying about what we've done today and start working on the poetry. Any ideas on what the relationship poems are going to be?
    Hour
    The Farmer’s Bride

Quickdraw
    ‘Praise Song for My Mother

Sonnet 43
    Harmonium

The Manhunt
    Nettles

They're the poems that have come up. I do Character and Voice so can't comment on that I think will come up as I don't know the difficulty of them, etc.

I'm certain no poem that has come up in any cluster will do so again. AQA have been predictable this year.

I agree we should focus on poetry now, we did work well together!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chatty)
    I think it will be at least one of these

Ghazal
    Sonnet 116
    Born Yesterday
    To His Coy Mistress

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack59)
    Hour
    The Farmer’s Bride

Quickdraw

Sonnet 43
    Harmonium

The Manhunt
    Nettles

They're the poems that have come up. I do Character and Voice so can't comment on that I think will come up as I don't know the difficulty of them, etc.
    Finally someone who does character and voice!
    For character and voice cluster, i think ''Medusa'' ''Les Grands Seigneurs'' ''case history: Alison (head injury)'' is most likely to come up, what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jack59)
    Hour
    The Farmer’s Bride

Quickdraw

Sonnet 43
    Harmonium

The Manhunt
    Nettles

I'm certain no poem that has come up in any cluster will do so again. AQA have been predictable this year.

I agree we should focus on poetry now, we did work well together!!
    Thanks. Agreed we did all work well as a team.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NatashaG)
    I think it will be at least one of these

Ghazal
    Sonnet 116
    Born Yesterday
    To His Coy Mistress
    Many thanks. Gut instinct says To His Coy Mistress and Sonnet 116.

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions of what will come up in the conflict cluster. Also do any of you have example essays and can someone please help me with the unseen poetry part.

ReputationRep:
    For all those doing the relationship cluster I'm certain 'To his coy mistress' will come up since I already predicted right on Slim and Eric but then someone was certain that nature would come up which made me extremely stressed as I had to revise it at the last minute!-.-

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.