Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Musester)
    It is. The fact that people were making more noise because of the referee when you were winning is atrocious.
    The atmosphere was poor tonight, but do we really need a Chelsea fan on about that when the bridge is worse?

Never amazes me to see Chelsea/Arsenal/Utd fans on each others thread giving it the Barry Mcguigan about the atmosphere when we should all hang our heads in shame.

No racism at the Emirates though in fairness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexsong)
    One of those games where you are questioning your life at half time and buzzing at full time. Sagnas body language at the end will add fuel to the rumours he's off
    Buzzin mate. Straight to the bar straight after their goal through till the 2nd half began. Couldnt handle it.

thought the same about Sagna, definite goodnbye. Vermaelen's off for sure as well . Brought on for the lap of honour and all that.

ReputationRep:
    l was in the P. Edward. Where were you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    What? we weren't outplayed at WHL. Arsenal were the better side that day, we just lacked the cutting edge in the final third, we gave up two sloppy goals due to individual errors. Spurs are nothing without Bale
    Lacking the cutting edge is usually the reason we don't get the 3 points. What good is possession in their half without the cutting edge?

True, spurs are nothing without Bale but they have him and that's the problem. Although we did keep him quiet in that game (except the one off goal).

ReputationRep:
    laaaaaaadsssssssssssss.
    we won.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a United fan, if people want to have a go at anyone for being **** at home, look no further than United fans.. (Although I go to games and sing my heart out - season ticket holder) It took the retirement of the greatest manager in history to get a half decent atmosphere, before that a Madrid match where we were winning and before that I can't even remember..
    But quiet fans is the price you pay for success - people glory support good teams which generates money - they go to the games and watch and generally don't have a clue about whats going on in the club. You have to pick, small club good fans or big club bad fans, in England at least.
    It would be a much different story if they brought back standing terraces!!!

ReputationRep:
    l was in the P. Edward. Where were you?
    you missed your meds this morning again yeah?

ReputationRep:
    Chelsea because we beat you twice this season.
    Na, they use goals scored as the second factor, this isn't la liga.

ReputationRep:
    Great Game! Really open and exciting. Loved the noise of the fans! Emirates seemed alive! Although Sky seemed to slate them and there have been a few comments on here as well, but the fans, I thought were fantastic! desperation and grit and fear!

Players started off very well, attacking the ball breaking Wigan's play up nicely and countering well. Cazorla is a quality player and a steal. 4 assists quality. Tough game for Chelsea against Everton so third is entirely possible. Moyes leaving Everton will surely want to leave his old club with a win! Benitez has secured top 4 and won't be here next season his job is done.

I imagine the Newcastle game will be quite similar to today's game in that it'll be quite open. I hope we manage to get top 4! We're better then Newcastle we know can beat them!

COYG

Also Hazard injured and John Terry a worry - Chelsea have an eye on Europa final as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by christanmu)
    I'm a United fan, if people want to have a go at anyone for being **** at home, look no further than United fans.. (Although I go to games and sing my heart out - season ticket holder) It took the retirement of the greatest manager in history to get a half decent atmosphere, before that a Madrid match where we were winning and before that I can't even remember..
    But quiet fans is the price you pay for success - people glory support good teams which generates money - they go to the games and watch and generally don't have a clue about whats going on in the club. You have to pick, small club good fans or big club bad fans, in England at least.
    It would be a much different story if they brought back standing terraces!!!

Well said mate. No point trying to feel better about your own club's lack of atmosphere by having a go at others when we're all in the same boat.

Not just terraces, how about terraces with 10 quid tickets for those who live within 2 miles of the stadium? and beer of course, let the punters have a drink on the stands and watch how things change. Reckon the Germans are so noisy because they're half cut during the game because you never see em making noise normally.

Drastic actions needed as in 20 years time terrace culture will be a thing of the past.

ReputationRep:
    3rd place playoff potentially, though I doubt Everton will take anything from Chelsea.

Watching Walcott shouldering people off the ball tonight was brilliant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zürich)
    Buzzin mate. Straight to the bar straight after their goal through till the 2nd half began. Couldnt handle it.

thought the same about Sagna, definite goodnbye. Vermaelen's off for sure as well . Brought on for the lap of honour and all that.
    What was Sagna doing? In all truth, we need a more modern right back, one that can beat his man a little more often and can cross but he has been a good player for us over the years and I'll be sad to see him leave.

slyly think vermaelen is off, i found it strange him coming on at such a time, maybe as a final send off before he leaves? who knows.

ReputationRep:
    If Arsenal win 2-1 on Sunday and Chelsea draw 0-0 we have a play off match! (Level on pts, GD and GS, doesn't go to past meetings)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Loat)
    3rd place playoff potentially, though I doubt Everton will take anything from Chelsea.

Watching Walcott shouldering people off the ball tonight was brilliant.
    Lmao couldn't agree more would rep but ran out, when he barged a Wigan player to a floor :cool: to win a throw in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Basiji)
    What makes you think you'll get the 3points on Sunday? You haven't got 4th yet, still all to play for.

Pardew and Wenger got a little rivalry after Pardew took the micky when he celebrated right in front of Wenger when he was managing at West Ham. He'll also want to make up for his comments earlier this week and don't forget Arsenal beat them 7-3 at the Emirates, they'll want revenge.
    That's a load of *******s. If they can't play good when they're thereatened by relegation, what makes you think they'll play good because 'Pardew had some old beef with Wenger'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sufferin succotash)
    Also Hazard injured and John Terry a worry - Chelsea have an eye on Europa final as well.
    Terry doesn't even start anymore, I think we'll just use lampard as an AM like we did last time vs everton. Doubt everton will get anything out of it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vividness)
    If Arsenal win 2-1 on Sunday and Chelsea draw 0-0 we have a play off match! (Level on pts, GD and GS, doesn't go to past meetings)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is that actually what will happen? I thought they'd have some other alternative like best disciplinary record? Would be so good if that did happen.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mrdoovde1)
    That's a load of *******s. If they can't play good when they're thereatened by relegation, what makes you think they'll play good because 'Pardew had some old beef with Wenger'?
    They could be more relaxed as well, I mean you guys should win but it's by no means a certainty.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KD35)
    Is that actually what will happen? I thought they'd have some other alternative like best disciplinary record? Would be so good if that did happen.
    My understanding of the 2012-13 PL handbook says "one or more" play off matches at a neutral ground if points, GD and GS are tied.

I'm pretty psyched for it to happen to be honest. Would be great fun.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: August 26, 2013
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.