Turn on thread page Beta

TSR Christian Society (X-SOC) Episode IV: A New Hope watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PonchoKid)
    Im here for an emergancy out of ours drs so hoping i dont get admitted.

Im CofE so your inventing

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Inventing things again. How strange :holmes:
    I really thought I remembered a post somewhere where you mentioned being Catholic. Must be going mad.

Well, the chaplain bit was useful advice anyway... Right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    Going back to uni tomorrow Would appreciate prayers for settling back in and all the exam results I'm getting back…

Will be praying for your happiness you lovely lovely people!

(Original post by PonchoKid)
    Having to go back to hospital, any prayers would be great.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Praying for both intentions. :hugs:

And ditto what the others said Poncho- nothing you can do will stop god loving you. :hugs:

'For I am persuaded that neither death nor life, nor angels nor principles nor powers, nor things present nor things to come, nor height nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to seperate us from the love of God which is in Jesus Christ our Lord.'
    Romans 8:38-39

ReputationRep:
    Psalm 121

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
    3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
    4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
    5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
    6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
    7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
    8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Happy Sunday everyone

ReputationRep:
    How's everyone's Sunday?
    Just want to share the verse I read today.

"…pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

(Original post by Joannywhite)
    Psalm 121

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

2 My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth.
    3 He will not suffer thy foot to be moved: he that keepeth thee will not slumber.
    4 Behold, he that keepeth Israel shall neither slumber nor sleep.
    5 The Lord is thy keeper: the Lord is thy shade upon thy right hand.
    6 The sun shall not smite thee by day, nor the moon by night.
    7 The Lord shall preserve thee from all evil: he shall preserve thy soul.
    8 The Lord shall preserve thy going out and thy coming in from this time forth, and even for evermore.

Happy Sunday everyone
    Amen! This reminds me of a song by Casting Crowns "Praise You In The Storm" . Probably the first two verses were the inspiration for the song.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brent_)
    How's everyone's Sunday?
    Just want to share the verse I read today.

"…pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances, for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you." 1 Thessalonians 5:17-18

Amen! This reminds me of a song by Casting Crowns "Praise You In The Storm" . Probably the first two verses were the inspiration for the song.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's also "My help" by Jackie Gouche Farris. Pretty much ever single word in the song comes from this chapter. It's one of my fav chapters
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    Praying for everyone :grouphugs:

ReputationRep:
    My pastor at my new church is leaving. A shame, as I was getting to quite like his style of preaching. Still, he's going to a small church (our church has a large congregation), so God knows it's for the best.

ReputationRep:
    Its so great to be a in a place surrounded by so many people who love God
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by IBpupil)
    Its so great to be a in a place surrounded by so many people who love God
    Hi there and welcome to X Soc :hi: :wavey: Feel free to introduce yourself! Or if you're a bit shy like me, just continue to join in the conversation whenever you feel like you wanna

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for the lovely welcome! I have been 'watching' this page for a while now. I haven't been able to read the messages often, however, the ones that I have seen are definitely motivating and encouraging. Keep on doing the work of God y'all, he will not forget to repay you
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by IBpupil)
    Thank you for the lovely welcome! I have been 'watching' this page for a while now. I haven't been able to read the messages often, however, the ones that I have seen are definitely motivating and encouraging. Keep on doing the work of God y'all, he will not forget to repay you
    Yeah, we're a nice group in here, always keeping each other going and looking out for/praying for one another So glad you found us and looking forward to you joining in the Christian ecumenical fellowship we've got going here

ReputationRep:
    Had a truly inspiring weekend at retreat to advance. Feeling empowered as a daughter of God! We have an amazing God.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    We have an amazing God.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We do indeed! Glad you had a great retreat - praise the Lord! :woo:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by 22KT22)
    Had a truly inspiring weekend at retreat to advance. Feeling empowered as a daughter of God! We have an amazing God.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    So good to hear. And indeed, we really do!
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by greeneyedgirl)
    So good to hear. And indeed, we really do!
    I love the gifs in your new sig. A perfectly kitten-sized tea cup :gah: :love:
    • PS Helper
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    I love the gifs in your new sig. A perfectly kitten-sized tea cup :gah: :love:
    And it's very sensible as it knows curling up in a safe spot is one of best things ever

ReputationRep:
    Hi y'all.

Don't want to intrude, but if there's any of you to whom this particular thread of mine applies I would be temporally grateful (har har) if you felt like relating some of your experiences. I've been taking more of an interest in various forms of Christianity since I started at university and am interested to hear if anyone has had any similar experiences. This isn't intended to be any form of spam (sorry if it technically is, or anything) – it's for my own genuine interest. Besides, it'd be nice to have a little discussion variety in the Religion forum And I might even be spending a bit more time in here in future as a result, if you know what I mean!

Bene facis.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Plainview)
    Hi y'all.

Don't want to intrude, but if there's any of you to whom this particular thread of mine applies I would be temporally grateful (har har) if you felt like relating some of your experiences. I've been taking more of an interest in various forms of Christianity since I started at university and am interested to hear if anyone has had any similar experiences. This isn't intended to be any form of spam (sorry if it technically is, or anything) – it's for my own genuine interest. Besides, it'd be nice to have a little discussion variety in the Religion forum And I might even be spending a bit more time in here in future as a result, if you know what I mean!

Bene facis.
    Happy to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diety)
    Happy to
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone want me to pray for them?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 17, 2019
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.