Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    I think the problems are right at the top for that club, Magath certainly didn't help them.
    Absolutely. Spending £11mil on McCormack is a horrific bit of business
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Absolutely. Spending £11mil on McCormack is a horrific bit of business
    Yeah especially after being relegated, poor career choice for McCormack
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Huge win at the Cottage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Yeah especially after being relegated, poor career choice for McCormack
    I imagine he's on enough money to make it worthwhile.

Big win for us (Wolves) yesterday, starting to get a bit of form together, Dicko not going to ACON will be big for us too. If we can keep up this form the playoffs is a possibility although I'd happily settle for mid table.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jangrafess)
    Sounds like you very much deserved your win even if the first goal was three yards offside - did you get a view on it?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well offside it was, no consolation for you but in our last two home games the ref has screwed us over so maybe we deserved it. Your lad Gray hit the post right at the end, so I'm glad we only had to survive 15 without kmac

(Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Well offside it was, no consolation for you but in our last two home games the ref has screwed us over so maybe we deserved it. Your lad Gray hit the post right at the end, so I'm glad we only had to survive 15 without kmac
    These things do even out. Hard to remember when it happens against you but we've had our fair share of luck this season already.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Dr DaMan)
    I imagine he's on enough money to make it worthwhile.

Big win for us (Wolves) yesterday, starting to get a bit of form together, Dicko not going to ACON will be big for us too. If we can keep up this form the playoffs is a possibility although I'd happily settle for mid table.
    Yeah must be on a good wage, but I wonder how long he will stay if they continue to struggle in the wrong end of the table. Certainly was a massive win for Wolves.

ReputationRep:
    Just a blog on current life as a Cardiff City fan and the impact of a clueless owner!

http://beththebluebird.blogspot.co.uk/

ReputationRep:
    I figured I'll pop in and say hello. A supporter of my hometown club of Bath City (and a fan of Liverpool...I've always liked them)

(Original post by BethhPhill)
    Just a blog on current life as a Cardiff City fan and the impact of a clueless owner!

http://beththebluebird.blogspot.co.uk/
    Tan :sad:

I hope there will be a day when there's an end to the madness over there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I figured I'll pop in and say hello. A supporter of my hometown club of Bath City (and a fan of Liverpool...I've always liked them)
    I remember reading somewhere that Bath is the biggest city (or town?) in England without a professional football team :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    I remember reading somewhere that Bath is the biggest city (or town?) in England without a professional football team :holmes:
    They're certainly up there, definitely top 3 if they're not the biggest. That's why we struggled in the conference a few seasons back due to being semi-professional/part-time. The first season we were there, nobody really knew how we'd play and underestimated us, which in turn caused us to have a good finish with a below average squad. The second season, we were the first to be relegated due to being found out and didn't have the financial capability to stay up.

I'm not saying we would have stayed up with they became professional, but if we were full-time then it would have helped.

Edit: Gloucester hasn't got one either, so it could be them.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Think it's them, Warrington and Gloucester that are the biggest.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Canterbury is fairly big as well and they haven't got a team anywhere near the Football League.

the Guardian do about one article a month on the football league, and it's usually bad. This time it's both about Brentford and fairly accurate. http://www.theguardian.com/football/...matthew-benham Considering it's an "opinion piece" it's fairly factual and doesn't actually give many opinions, but it's a start.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Last games of 2014 tonight, we have Derby and Leeds which is live on Sky Sports 1, Wigan and Sheffield Wednesday and Ipswich v Charlton.

ReputationRep:
    Wins for Derby & Ipswich and a draw in the other, fairly simple predictions.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    I fancy Wednesday to turn over Wigan tonight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hskjlclcn)
    Wins for Derby & Ipswich and a draw in the other, fairly simple predictions.
    Heh, this is exactly what I bet on tonight. Is it treason for me to bet against my own team?

ReputationRep:
    Heh, this is exactly what I bet on tonight. Is it treason for me to bet against my own team?
    Depends on how crap the team is :lol:

Think of it this way, if your team wins and you lose a bet...well at least your team won. Vice-versa too if you place a bet on your team to lose and they do then at least you got something for their display. If they draw then you rage
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    So far there hasn't been that many chances, Derby probably playing the slightly better football.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.