Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    A clownish peformance very much befitting of the clown outfit that he is wearing. Cilic takes the first two sets.

But seriously, he needs to give a middle finger to regulations and start wearing that black outfit again. This clown suit makes him look like such a victim.

ReputationRep:
    Crowd cheering when Cilic doesn't get his first serve in is annoying and just not classy...

Happy that Cilic broke back to stick it back to the crowd.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by samir12)
    Crowd cheering when Cilic doesn't get his first serve in is annoying and just not classy...

Happy that Cilic broke back to stick it back to the crowd.
    I understand that Federer will always be a fan favourite but I always feel like the crowd cheapen the tournament when they don't give due respect to tennis players, especially when they're playing well

ReputationRep:
    Been impressed with Cilic so far, Federer stepped up a bit and crowd has been dicky towards him but he has responded well.

ReputationRep:
    Yup. It's game over for grandpa

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Pathetic from Federer. Absolutely pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Just wow!

ReputationRep:
    Brilliant from Cilic. First time since 2005 someone from the top 4 hasn't contested a grand slam final. End of an era?

ReputationRep:
    Lol I can't believe what just happened? Kei-Cilic final will probably be the least watched slam final in years. Anyways good luck to both guys and I hope Kei wins it.

ReputationRep:
    A sad day for Federer fans.

Still, go Nikishori.

ReputationRep:
    2 first time slam winners in one year, this has to have ramifications on the game, the Big 4 definitely can't rely on the intimidation factor anymore and will have to up their games like everyone else if they want to stay on top

ReputationRep:
    Haha Federer had the easiest draw he could ever ask for at this stage and didn't even manage to get to the final never mind win the whole thing. Stuck at 17 forever

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Weird. I've been thinking for so long now that the men's game needs some new faces to break through in the grandslams but now that it has finally happened I am struck by how little I want to watch the Nishikori-Cilic final.

Anyway, credit to Cilic for his performance today. He played well although I have to say that Federer made him look like he was playing better than he actually was.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Badshah)
    Lol I can't believe what just happened? Kei-Cilic final will probably be the least watched slam final in years. Anyways good luck to both guys and I hope Kei wins it.
    Tennis is relatively popular in China, Even as a Japanese I'd expect an Asia to eat this up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skkc16)
    Haha Federer had the easiest draw he could ever ask for at this stage and didn't even manage to get to the final never mind win the whole thing. Stuck at 17 forever

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How old are you?

ReputationRep:
    Great from both Nishikori and Cilic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rakas21)
    Tennis is relatively popular in China, Even as a Japanese I'd expect an Asia to eat this up.
    Outside of Japan, Asia and maybe Croatia not a lot of people will watch the final. You can't say that not having a single top 4 player in the final will not hurt the viewership.... It will big time.

ReputationRep:
    Normally players outside the top 4 will just bottle and roll over for players in the top 4, Nishikori and Cilic however did brilliantly and played their game.

ReputationRep:
    Outside of Japan, Asia and maybe Croatia not a lot of people will watch the final. You can't say that not having a single top 4 player in the final will not hurt the viewership.... It will big time.
    And you can't say it will hurt the viewership big time, we don't know how much it will affect the viewership because we rarely see a non top 4 grand slam final. Asia has a pretty big population you know so I don't think it will be that bad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ashnard)
    Weird. I've been thinking for so long now that the men's game needs some new faces to break through in the grandslams but now that it has finally happened I am struck by how little I want to watch the Nishikori-Cilic final.

Anyway, credit to Cilic for his performance today. He played well although I have to say that Federer made him look like he was playing better than he actually was.
    Its because its like starting again. Once you get a rivalry developing and more exposure though, people will probably sync with player x again.

In the short term of course but tennis is all peaks and troughs. So long as we don't see a long power vacuum like between Sampras and Fed then viewers will engage with the new rivalries.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Will you be tempted to trade up and get out of your firm offer on results day?
Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.