Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

People don't understand that Diaby is not a DM, he is very much in the box to box mould.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    He was always going to improve from last season, he had all the pressure of being RVPs replacement and was adjusting to a new league, and 17 goals in all comps wasn't a bad return, he's got 22 now, lets hope he can get 25 this time round.
    I just don't think he's lethal enough, In 12 matches against next best 6 teams in PL, he scored 1. I hope we go in for Vela who know he might have made big difference, and he seem open to coming back.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zerforax)
    If Man City/Liverpool/Arsenal win their last 2 games, it will be 86/86/79 points which is only 7 points.

Last season you were 16 points off the winners.
    Year before it was 19 points.

Surely that's progress?
    That's just putting a very positive spin on it.

But that's actually part of the frustration- we aren't too far away in reality but it feels light years away. If we had have another body up front, not having to use Arteta in the big games and a tactical tweak here and there we could've maybe snuck a draw against on of the big teams away and maybe win some of the games we drew against the lesser teams. I know that fans of all teams can probably say this but our issues are just so basic and easy to tweak if Wenger would go away with stubbornness.

The season promised so much and our March league form and manner of defeats to the big teams are inexcusable. None of us are confident of winning the title next season at best a challenge till beginning of May. There's just a gloomy cloud over this club.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    In my opinion, a fit Abou Diaby will resolve our current DM problems. However, its probs worth getting Song back from benchwarming in Barca, and whilst we're at it it might be worth picking up Vela for a cheeky 3.5mil. Gooners reunite.

Shopping List:

. Vela (bargain of the decade)
    . Song/Bender (i'd prefer Alex back)
    . Griezmann (not too bothered about this tbh, only if Podo goes)
    . Benzema/Costa/Martinez/Mandzukic (would personally like Martinez or Mandzukic)

= CL semis, top 2 in PL, and a domestic final at the very least. Things are looking up.
    Why would anyone want that clown Song in our team? Barca got robbed for £15m.

I do not want Song anywhere near this team back again, utter clown and not a solution to our problems. He's not a very good defensive midfielder and not disciplined at all.

I wouldn't mind Vela at £3.5m but only as a squad player; we've got too many of Vela type players in our squad who are small, technically brilliant but easily out-muscled and aren't physical enough.

Definitely need either Benzema, Costa or Martinez as a striker. Benzema has been brilliant for Madrid this season [after being disappointing last season], Costa will probably go to Chelsea and Martinez has said many times he wants to play for Arsenal and he's a fan of us. He would be a brilliant signing he has pace, power and technically astute. Need to sign him or Benzema up ASAP. I'd prefer Martinez personally.

Would not like Mandzukic tbh, he's a bit like Giroud but better technically and a little more pace. We need someone with pace and power to properly utilise Ozil's skill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DurhamXI)
    He is not the guy to lead our line, but he is definitely the 'face' of the team! Hot hot hot.
    prsom :jester:

a fit Abou Diaby

What planet do you live in?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peggles_*)
    I didn't say he was a bad player, I just said he's not good enough to be our main striker for a sustained title and CL challenge and most gooners would agree with that, that's why we want a top quality striker in the summer ffs.

If you want Giroud as our main strike next season then be my guest but don't be upset when we finish 4th again.
    Like I said everybody knows that. But he's done well considering the circumstances of the season. I'm not saying he should lead our line don't investing thing I didn't say. I've not been a fan of the abuse Giroud has received this season, the abuse is totally unfair considering he's been excellent this season.

ReputationRep:
    Giroud isn't a bad player and he does receive a lot of undeserved flack but that doesn't take away from the fact that he's had awful awful moments and not just a few but consisently this season. At best he should be our back up but to think of using and relying on him for the big games is quite ridiculous.

Guys essentially a target man n still gets henched out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AR_95)
    prsom :jester:

What planet do you live in?

Kos and Olivier's bromance is so good man, reminds me of my bromance in uni. BFF's.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DurhamXI)

Kos and Olivier's bromance is so good man, reminds me of my bromance in uni. BFF's.
    Is that chambo? He looks like a woman!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sevchenko)
    A goal is a goal, I don't care who it's a against. He's been proving the haters wrong all season mate.

I love all arsenal Players. I support the team no matter. It's not my fault have have an unconditional love for this team
    I get that you "love" (sounds abit gay but i'll give you the benefit of the doubt) the Arsenal players. But what's wrong with criticizing a player who has failed on every big occasion we've had?

He's clearly not good enough for this club yes, but there were moments were he had opportunities that Sunday league players would score and failed to do so on a consistent basis.

ReputationRep:
    Aguero, Sturridge and Suarez are the only strikers better than Giroud in the premier league.
    Rooney, RVP, Ba

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr Smurf)
    Rooney, RVP, Ba
    I'm not sure if this is an attempt at humour or not :/

ReputationRep:
    To be fair to Giroud I think he's suffered more than anyone from missing Ramsey/Walcott. He's looking for players to run beyond who just aren't there, and then people want him to get in behind but that's not his game. He was awesome at the start of the season but I do think we need another option to change it up, somebody with a bit of pace. Definitely don't want him sold though, that's crazy talk, especially if the new guy doesn't hit the ground running.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure if this is an attempt at humour or not :/
    It's not, they are better.

ReputationRep:
    flamini has been poor today

ReputationRep:
    Is Sagna definitely leaving ?

ReputationRep:
    lawl

ReputationRep:
    Yaya, Carl and Abou on in the second half please.

About to score a 30 yard thunderbolt with first touch...

ReputationRep:
    Ba...who can't even be trusted ahead of Torres? Really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 419)
    That's just putting a very positive spin on it.

But that's actually part of the frustration- we aren't too far away in reality but it feels light years away. If we had have another body up front, not having to use Arteta in the big games and a tactical tweak here and there we could've maybe snuck a draw against on of the big teams away and maybe win some of the games we drew against the lesser teams. I know that fans of all teams can probably say this but our issues are just so basic and easy to tweak if Wenger would go away with stubbornness.

The season promised so much and our March league form and manner of defeats to the big teams are inexcusable. None of us are confident of winning the title next season at best a challenge till beginning of May. There's just a gloomy cloud over this club.
    Tbh I think Arsenal have a good squad with plenty of experience (previously an issue which Wenger has fixed) and youth with great potential.

The only thing I now think you are missing are those truly world class match winners.

Should've bought Higuian last summer.

If Sagna leaves though, that will be a blow imo.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: July 9, 2014
Poll
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.