Opal House Residents Watch

This discussion is closed.
Fragsta
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Maybe she was just offering some tickets to friends, not advertising.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
No don't be stupid :p:
love_mojitos
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
The JCR is not advertising. Its is a committe for Opal House residents, run by the residents....they dont get paid and it is for the benfit of the residents!!!

Ask for Kindgom tickets, then yes I was offering if anyone wants to know where to get them from in Opal House, as I am selling them!!! As you may know Kindgom is packed on a wednesday and pre-brought tickets, then half of the proceeds goes to sports team, not straight into Kindgom's shareholdres pocket!
Darielle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
We have three bin bags in our living room now starting to decompose
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Becky_Sheffield)
The JCR is not advertising. Its is a committe for Opal House residents, run by the residents....they dont get paid and it is for the benfit of the residents!!!

Ask for Kindgom tickets, then yes I was offering if anyone wants to know where to get them from in Opal House, as I am selling them!!! As you may know Kindgom is packed on a wednesday and pre-brought tickets, then half of the proceeds goes to sports team, not straight into Kindgom's shareholdres pocket!
I'm just joking. Pleasedontcry
love_mojitos
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If anyone has any questions please feel free to ask me, Rachel at the Union or the Office at Opal One/Opal HOuse/Opal Court Sheffield - they have changed names so many times
Darielle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Fils Being Mean To People And Making Them Cry. Again.
Fragsta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Darielle)
We have three bin bags in our living room now starting to decompose
Idea: Take out to bin storage? Yes, I know, it's a bit of a crazy idea but all the innovators started with crazy ideas!
Darielle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm going too, but right now I'm in my rebellious phase as I am the one who has to take all the bins out, do the hoovering, clean the surfaces etc. It's not fair
love_mojitos
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You just have to get used to it, thats students life - clique I know!!!
You can talk to your flatmates or just do it! It could be because its your flatmates first time away from home and mummy did everything for them, or they are just lazy!
Make a rota if you think it will help?
Fragsta
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Definitely. Just talk to them, call a flat meeting, they'll probably be reasonable if they realise you feel like it's all very unfair.
love_mojitos
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Best to also get things sorted now then in a few months time!
kinkajou
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Fils Being Mean To People And Making Them Cry. Again.

fil makes me cry :eek:
brak3n
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I was thinking they should have installed those waste disposal chutes in the building so we just open the hatch and throw the rubbish into the dark abyss, since we seem to need to empty our bin every day! But then I remembered that we're students, and might be tempted to fit ourselves down such chutes so probably a wise decision by the builders afterall.

FIL! Pretending as if you never break the rules. You lecture-skipping, practical-not-handing-in person you!

Rachel, I know me, Laura and Hazel (I think) plan to go, but I don't know of anyone else! Oh and I'm sticking with Opal House, I don't like the sound of Opal One.
Fluent in Lies
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by .jen.)
fil makes me cry :eek:
Shush. You do it too.
love_mojitos
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
They did in Opal Court Leicester (the tallest student accommodation they have) but the problem is that they can get blocked, can be dangerous and also fire risk.
It is a bit of a pain because there is only one way in and out.
However at my halls then we used to pass the bins on the way out but none used to bring out the bin bags!
Are you going to come to the meeting tomorrow???
brak3n
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
Shush. You do it too.
Can we add you two to: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=191981 yet? :suith:
Or is it more fun being 'unofficial'?
kinkajou
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Fluent in Lies)
Shush. You do it too.

sorrrrrrry :hugs:
xoxo_GossipGirl
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm going too, but right now I'm in my rebellious phase as I am the one who has to take all the bins out, do the hoovering, clean the surfaces etc. It's not fair
Theres so many random pots in the sink now, I refuse to do them, so I just wash mine and leave them there mwahahaha. Our bins full too, and I'm not going to be the one to drag it all the way down there and then try and build up to the momentum to swing it into the big bin. Flat meeeeeting :p:
Darielle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Yeah, i've left a nice note on the fridge saying we need to call a flat meeting. Me and nicole just did all our washing up, cleaned the flat (not hoovered) and she took the bins down. I feel happier now I'm also full of lasagne which makes me even happier
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Sheffield
    Postgraduate Taught Courses Open Days Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Feb '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19

Are you chained to your phone?