Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usainlightning)
    Anyone applying for a spring week on the second of a 3 year course? My CV isn't good enough to get a summer internship.
    I'm afraid you would get screened out.

(Original post by Mralpha)
    Anyone here got through to the "2nd round" in RBS? I.e were they invite you to do an online logical reasoning test?
    If so, was this test hard? Any practise tips?
    Go onto the TalentQ website and try some practice tests.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadrage27)
    Were you sent the numerical straight after applying?
    No I think it was around 10 days after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roadrage27)
    Were you sent the numerical straight after applying?
    dont think BlackRock sends the numerical right after the application

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonynous)
    I'm afraid you would get screened out.

Go onto the TalentQ website and try some practice tests.
    Do you knoiw how hard it is to "go through" to the 2nd round? Seems like everyone recieved the email

(Original post by mikiu15)
      If you're talking about Citi Quest then I received an email from them today saying I passed the test and they are reviewing my application.
      I think I took the test around the 15th of November.

Also has anyone heard anything from BlackRock? I haven't got anything from after I submitted my application.
      Hopefully no news is good news.

How did your Citi numerical test go? I got an invitation today, not sure what to expect. Is it similar to SHL? Thanks.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Manuelle)
      How did your Citi numerical test go? I got an invitation today, not sure what to expect. Is it similar to SHL? Thanks.
      It's not. Google 'TalentQ'.

ReputationRep:
      If you're talking about Citi Quest then I received an email from them today saying I passed the test and they are reviewing my application.

Also has anyone heard anything from BlackRock? I haven't got anything from after I submitted my application.
      Hopefully no news is good news.
      so they don't review our applications first then send numerical?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by usainlightning)
      Anyone applying for a spring week on the second of a 3 year course? My CV isn't good enough to get a summer internship.
      I am doing this, but I've told them that I will be doing a masters after my 3 year degree, therefore graduating in 2017.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Manuelle)
      It's TalentQ if I remember correctly. From what I remember it was one of the hardest numericals I've taken so don't be discouraged if you can't get every answer. So just remember to move on if you can't do it so you don't end up spending too much time on one question. It's been over 2 weeks since I've done it though and with the amount of tests you have to do they all just coalesce into one so I can't give you any more tips because I simply don't remember.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mralpha)
      Anyone here got through to the "2nd round" in RBS? I.e were they invite you to do an online logical reasoning test?
      If so, was this test hard? Any practise tips?
      It's just about spotting patterns. Isn't too bad.

Yeah I got this too.
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      So, might test my luck for a SW in summer for BAML as well

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sun_Bear)
      I passed the tests but have to submit some videos online i guess like an interview... Have you not had this yet? Seems strange because on the timeline they said all these videos have to be sent in by the 7th dec.
      got rejected by pwc because I'm doing a 4 year course

lolol

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Table dust)

lolol
      Ahh well there's always next year lol
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Table dust)

lolol
      It does quite clearly state to only apply if you're a first year on a 3 year course, or second year on a 4 year course. They're not going to take people who don't fall into those categories unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MathsNerd1)
      So, I've just found out today, got in the internship program for Shanghai. Now got a month based in an IB firm over the summer! Might test my luck for a SW in summer for BAML as well
      Very solid man! Congratulations! Let us know how you find it!
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      Very solid man! Congratulations! Let us know how you find it!
      Thanks! If I can also get the week at BAML then my summer will literally be full, nothing else could be added into it! And will do, you'll have to let me know how BAML is in April!

ReputationRep:
      Actually a friend got a SW in CS during his 2nd year (out of 5) and got fast-tracked to their internship program this summer even though he will still have 2 years left. So it is indeed possible.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by MathsNerd1)
      Thanks! If I can also get the week at BAML then my summer will literally be full, nothing else could be added into it! And will do, you'll have to let me know how BAML is in April!
      Let me know when you apply to BAML for summer. I'll hook you up.

ReputationRep:
      Where can I find out which recent deals Morgan Stanley has been advising on? Thanks
      • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
      Let me know when you apply to BAML for summer. I'll hook you up.
      Thanks, it's probably going to be the very first day it opens, get straight through the test, then answer the questions before submitting it within the same week. But I'll let you know

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.