Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Firenze26)
    I've already done the chem and bio coursework. We have the physics one coming up next month. What did you get on yours?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, my school does all the coursework in year eleven. We started with physics and I am doing a little bit of chemistry as well. How was chemistry and biology anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipanda99)
    Well, my school does all the coursework in year eleven. We started with physics and I am doing a little bit of chemistry as well. How was chemistry and biology anyway?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well, it was exhausting and just plain hard. Although, I might be bias since my grades in the courseworks were quite bad compared to my theories'.

How's physics? Because I've built up several expectations during my chem and bio year but these past few months are changing my perceptions.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    If I wanted to retake science for example would and I only wanted to redo the coursework would I have to sit the exams as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not 100% sure but at a guess, I'd say yes as you'd need to satisfy the 100% terminal rule. Speak to your examinations officer for a definitve answer, though. Also, for controlled assessments, your latest mark will count even if it is lower than the original. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    Ugh, I've lost my Lord of the Flies book and my business homework over half term. Better prepare for the apocalyptic events that are known to all as.. detentions.

ReputationRep:
    thinking about getting my own copies of everything for english.

cant remeber everything we do though. think its of mice and men, lord of the files, a view from the bridge and something else? cant remeber if thats everything.

ReputationRep:
    Well, it was exhausting and just plain hard. Although, I might be bias since my grades in the courseworks were quite bad compared to my theories'.

How's physics? Because I've built up several expectations during my chem and bio year but these past few months are changing my perceptions.

P.S.

Sorry for the horrible grammar

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry about it! 😃 Anyway, physics is not really my favourite out of the three, and I just didn't get the point of this coursework at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From what I hear about the physics coursework this year, I think it might be the best one out of the three experiments though.

Although, I am a bit nervous about it since I'm not prepared. With bio and chem, I actually studied a bit before the start of the gcse course but with physics, I became a bit overconfident. Since, I've always thought that being adequate in maths would make you adequate in physics.

How far are you into the course? I've already finished chem and bio last year and I've just finished P1 and P4 before half-term. Currently doing P5 - the 'hardest' unit or so my teacher says.

P.S.

Sorry for the long reply

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    From what I hear about the physics coursework this year, I think it might be the best one out of the three experiments though.

Although, I am a bit nervous about it since I'm not prepared. With bio and chem, I actually studied a bit before the start of the gcse course but with physics, I became a bit overconfident. Since, I've always thought that being adequate in maths would make you adequate in physics.

How far are you into the course? I've already finished chem and bio last year and I've just finished P1 and P4 before half-term. Currently doing P5 - the 'hardest' unit or so my teacher says.

P.S.

Sorry for the long reply

Posted from TSR Mobile
    About to start the high control part of the physics coursework. Doing the main experiment for chemistry coursework now and starting biology coursework after coming back from half term. I have just finished B6 and I have nearly finished both P6 and C6.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ipanda99)
    About to start the high control part of the physics coursework. Doing the main experiment for chemistry coursework now and starting biology coursework after coming back from half term. I have just finished B6 and I have nearly finished both P6 and C6.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Good luck with C7 and possibly P7. B7 is surprisingly easy since it's basically a more in depth 'round up' (did I use that correctly?) of the previous units.

I'm not saying it's really easy though that you don't need to revise, it's just easier than C7 since you already have enough grounding (did I use this correctly too?) in the previous units

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    Ugh, I've lost my Lord of the Flies book and my business homework over half term. Better prepare for the apocalyptic events that are known to all as.. detentions.
    Ouch.

Hope you find it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by usycool1)
    You can, yes, but there are some schools that have policies where people are not allowed to resit. That won't stop you from retaking exams privately, however.

If you live in England though and you wish to retake, you will need to retake ALL exams for a particular subject (not including controlled assessment/coursework) from now on.
    Thank you for the help, do you need to pay though?

ReputationRep:
    Good luck with C7 and possibly P7. B7 is surprisingly easy since it's basically a more in depth 'round up' (did I use that correctly?) of the previous units.

I'm not saying it's really easy though that you don't need to revise, it's just easier than C7 since you already have enough grounding (did I use this correctly too?) in the previous units

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I get what you mean. Thanks for the information about the units. Good luck with the coursework.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kyou)
    aw! xD i keep a massive pile of junk in the corner of my room that I label "SCHOOL STUFF" xD

ReputationRep:
    I need help, I want to change my school for sixth form, but I don't know where I want to go, can someone please suggest good sixth form schools/colleges?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Study Helper

Peer Support Volunteers
    Study Helper
    (Original post by cherryjpie99)
    Thank you for the help, do you need to pay though?
    That's OK.

Usually, there is a fee associated with retaking (the exact amount depends on your school).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SSAA9)
    I need help, I want to change my school for sixth form, but I don't know where I want to go, can someone please suggest good sixth form schools/colleges?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you're in the Chester area I can help. Whereabouts are you?

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applying for sixth forms in North London

ReputationRep:
    I was on holiday all half term, and now I'm back, I realise how much revision I have D:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DEMENTEDXO)
    Anyone applying for sixth forms in North London
    I was going to apply to Westminster but I don't think I can deal with boarding.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Half term break finished...school tomorrow

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.