Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

The Arsenal Thread XXIV watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    ^ which are usually not available in January. Thanks to the huge money available to Premier League clubs, more and more of them are keeping their stars, and because of European underperformance, top stars from other countries will favour the courting of the Spanish big three, Bayern, PSG and Juventus over any Premier League club

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Have you seen him play before
    Lol I don't know if you're trolling me but I haven't seen him much I don't watch Swiss legue but I know that you should go for the best possible option he has the same physical attributes as Coquelin I can't see any merits of this signing.

ReputationRep:
    God messed up when he gave everyone an *******.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Have you seen him play before

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Brah, that is irrelevant. He's 75 overall on fifa and from Egypt not south America. He must be complete **** and that fact that I'm ignorant and have never heard of him because I only watch pl and cl football (and sometimes el when I accidently turn on channel 5 on thursday evenings) only proves that fact further....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by leinad2012)
    Brah, that is irrelevant. He's 75 overall on fifa and from Egypt not south America. He must be complete **** and that fact that I'm ignorant and have never heard of him because I only watch pl and cl football (and sometimes el when I accidently turn on channel 5 on thursday evenings) only proves that fact further....
    Pls don't go by fifa ratings.

Coquelin is 78.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

Coquelin is 78.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Was quite openly being sarcastic...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    ^ which are usually not available in January. Thanks to the huge money available to Premier League clubs, more and more of them are keeping their stars, and because of European underperformance, top stars from other countries will favour the courting of the Spanish big three, Bayern, PSG and Juventus over any Premier League club
    Spanish big 3 and Bayern, but PSG and Juve are pretty close to United, Arsenal, Chelsea and City in the pecking order. United got Memphis ahead of PSG, Chelsea likewise with Cuadrado and Juve.

Atletico are not so clear cut either. Lest I remind you, Chelsea also recently took 3 of Atletico's best players and had a fourth lined up in Tiago, even if they technically owned Courtois already.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Bellerin is 74 though so he should fit in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pimped Butterfly)
    Spanish big 3 and Bayern, but PSG and Juve are pretty close to United, Arsenal, Chelsea and City in the pecking order. United got Memphis ahead of PSG, Chelsea likewise with Cuadrado and Juve.

Atletico are not so clear cut either. Lest I remind you, Chelsea also recently took 3 of Atletico's best players and had a fourth lined up in Tiago, even if they technically owned Courtois already.
    Would I be able to state the obvious here? United and Chelsea may be on PSG, Juve and Atletico's level, but we aren't. Not financially, and until we win the league/reach the sf of cl, not success wise either. Players would still largely choose United or Chelsea over us irrespective of current league position imo, and there aren't really any examples to show otherwise.

In terms of the big 3:
    Barca, Real, Bayern
    Then the rest of the big 8:
    United Chelsea PSG Juve Athletico
    Followed by the established average (us) and the new big money teams w/out the European success:
    Arsenal City Zenit Porto (Dortmund?) etc. etc.

Which is why we're never under performing when we get battered in the R16 every year, we're just doing average for where we currently are unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    Bellerin is 74 though so he should fit in
    Yeah but fam, Bellerin has bare pace, don't you know that's all you need in fifa AND in life? 74 overall + 95 pace > 95 overall + 74 pace. Plus he's a cockney Spaniard ya get me fam, he's Arsenal through and through, he's one of our own? Well, that is until he goes back to Barca then I'll post on twitter (after I've changed my username from BanteringBallerinNo1RBEvaAFC to ArchbishopOfRightBanteryAFC) about what a snake he is and how Jenko is 10x the player he is and has better banter so is obviously a better RB. I mean with Ox on RW you need that chemistry and their banter is proof of that.

As my suicidal friend Claude (aka the best Arsenal fan ever) said on the best yt channel ever (repping Robbie and the squad) "we don't need no Tutankhamen fam".

We don't need another ****ing middle eastern economic migrant coming into our country stealing the job of a straight up honest Brit like Dan Crowley, who isn't just Arsenal through and through, but Bri'ish through and through too. ****in' bulldog

ReputationRep:
    Would I be able to state the obvious here? United and Chelsea may be on PSG, Juve and Atletico's level, but we aren't. Not financially, and until we win the league/reach the sf of cl, not success wise either. Players would still largely choose United or Chelsea over us irrespective of current league position imo, and there aren't really any examples to show otherwise.

In terms of the big 3:
    Barca, Real, Bayern
    Then the rest of the big 8:
    United Chelsea PSG Juve Athletico
    Followed by the established average (us) and the new big money teams w/out the European success:
    Arsenal City Zenit Porto (Dortmund?) etc. etc.

Which is why we're never under performing when we get battered in the R16 every year, we're just doing average for where we currently are unfortunately.
    I disagree. You've signed Ozil and Sanchez. Footballers don't really look at the best potential projects etc, they just look at big names. Ozil, Sanchez, Wenger, Cech, they're big names. You could quite conceivably beat United, Chelsea, City, PSG, Atleti or Juve to a signing. You're on that tier.

Likewise City. They've got Silva, Aguero, Toure, won the league recently, they've got the pull too. It will come down to individual player preferences (eg manager, style of play, dare I say it, location) and the clubs' levels of desire to get a player. You and City are definitely on that second tier.

Oh and you have cash reserves of 200+m, don't act like you can't compete financially

ReputationRep:
    I disagree. You've signed Ozil and Sanchez. Footballers don't really look at the best potential projects etc, they just look at big names. Ozil, Sanchez, Wenger, Cech, they're big names. You could quite conceivably beat United, Chelsea, City, PSG, Atleti or Juve to a signing. You're on that tier.

Likewise City. They've got Silva, Aguero, Toure, won the league recently, they've got the pull too. It will come down to individual player preferences (eg manager, style of play, dare I say it, location) and the clubs' levels of desire to get a player. You and City are definitely on that second tier.
    I'd have to respectably disagree. As much as we like to deny it, Ozil joined because Bale joined Real and he was surplus to requirements (can't remember completely as it was all over within 2 days of being linked but no one else seemed in for him) and Sanchez likewise due to Suarez signing (there are a multitude of reasons why he joined us over you lot, one of them probably location, but again I can't remember any of that top 8 being in for him).

As for Cech, well, he wanted a starting spot, cl football and to stay in London, we were the only club that fitted the bill, and none of the top 8 in that list could meet all 3 requirements. I have no doubt in my mind that if PSG stayed in the french league but relocated to London he'd have chosen them over us, same for Juve too.

Don't get me wrong, we're a top club, we're just not top 8 in stature and success both domestically and in Europe.
    As for City, we all know the reasons why they joined; $$$$$$$ and the promise of other top players who want $$$$$

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but fam, Bellerin has bare pace, don't you know that's all you need in fifa AND in life? 74 overall + 95 pace > 95 overall + 74 pace. Plus he's a cockney Spaniard ya get me fam, he's Arsenal through and through, he's one of our own? Well, that is until he goes back to Barca then I'll post on twitter (after I've changed my username from BanteringBallerinNo1RBEvaAFC to ArchbishopOfRightBanteryAFC) about what a snake he is and how Jenko is 10x the player he is and has better banter so is obviously a better RB. I mean with Ox on RW you need that chemistry and their banter is proof of that.

As my suicidal friend Claude (aka the best Arsenal fan ever) said on the best yt channel ever (repping Robbie and the squad) "we don't need no Tutankhamen fam".

We don't need another ****ing middle eastern economic migrant coming into our country stealing the job of a straight up honest Brit like Dan Crowley, who isn't just Arsenal through and through, but Bri'ish through and through too. ****in' bulldog
    ffs :rofl:

especially lol'd at the bit in bold

ReputationRep:
    I'd have to respectably disagree. As much as we like to deny it, Ozil joined because Bale joined Real and he was surplus to requirements (can't remember completely as it was all over within 2 days of being linked but no one else seemed in for him) and Sanchez likewise due to Suarez signing (there are a multitude of reasons why he joined us over you lot, one of them probably location, but again I can't remember any of that top 8 being in for him).

As for Cech, well, he wanted a starting spot, cl football and to stay in London, we were the only club that fitted the bill, and none of the top 8 in that list could meet all 3 requirements. I have no doubt in my mind that if PSG stayed in the french league but relocated to London he'd have chosen them over us, same for Juve too.

Don't get me wrong, we're a top club, we're just not top 8 in stature and success both domestically and in Europe.
    As for City, we all know the reasons why they joined; $$$$$$$ and the promise of other top players who want $$$$$
    Money or not, City can and do attract big players.

It doesn't matter how you got them, the truth is that Cech, Ozil, Sanchez are world wide stars and Wenger is near Godlike in European circles.

You can disagree and we won't know till you actually go in for a top player where there's competition, but you definitely have the capacity to sign top players on a level with those 'big 8' clubs. Likewise City.

ReputationRep:
    Money or not, City can and do attract big players.

It doesn't matter how you got them, the truth is that Cech, Ozil, Sanchez are world wide stars and Wenger is near Godlike in European circles.

You can disagree and we won't know till you actually go in for a top player where there's competition, but you definitely have the capacity to sign top players on a level with those 'big 8' clubs. Likewise City.
    To be fair there hasn't been any times really where we have been in for a player which other top 8 clubs are too. Maybe in the next few windows we'll see some progress on that front

ReputationRep:
    To be fair there hasn't been any times really where we have been in for a player which other top 8 clubs are too. Maybe in the next few windows we'll see some progress on that front
    Suarez wanted to join use but our joke of a bid put Liverpool off. I'm sure if we bid 50+m we would have him now. We have enough cash now to get big names. The days of paying off the stadium is over, we have 200m to spend. There is no excuse to not get a top player in Jan transfer window because Wenger and our money is enough to attract big names.

We already have a few big names so players are more likely to join us now than in the past. I'm sure Isco would not mind joining us if we pay him well and that he gets less game time at Madrid than he would like.

ReputationRep:
    Tbh I'd much rather we signed a good holding midfielder than a top quality attacking player.

Wenger, who really doesn't like the January window aswell, isn't going to buy players for the sake of it. He's only going to be signing players we really need imo.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SA-1)

Coquelin is 78.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by difeo)
    Lol
    What you lol'ing about bro

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Did not realise how well Aubameyang is doing at Dortmond..

27 goals in 27 appearances (including EL & domestic cups)

Madness

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: October 7, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.