The Manchester United Thread XIX Watch

This discussion is closed.
Tom.x.Gotze
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Utd should be playing with freedom and trying to entertain, young players like Depay and Martial starting in their correct positions.
Lawliettt
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If Mata starts over Januzaj or Lingard next match I'll lose my ****ing ****.

I'm sorry but Mata puts in awful performances at both RW and CAM. He just doesn't deserve to start
Amphiprion
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Haven't posted here in a while, missed an awful lot of football while abroad working but seen what I was able to. I was at home today and I knew that United were playing Sheffield at 5:30 and I have BT sport to watch it on, but I didn't. First time in 20ish years I can remember thinking "I actually don't even want to watch united play, it's just boring". I watched all the Moyes games even though they sucked. Looks like I dodged a bullet.
SirAlexFerguson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by scrawlx101)
SirAlexFerguson
(Original post by _Morsey_)
I wonder whether @SirAlexFerguson was one of those that left the stadium before the penalty.

Dreadful stuff though.
Luckily not I don't ever leave games early because it just feels weird lol Also if I was to leave I would have to walk past people who were sitting asking them to get up for me and I don't like doing that

But really, If I was to leave, could you really blame me haha

We spent 90 minutes trying to break down a league 1 team and failed, we got a lucky pen due to a lazy tackle. I think most people left disappointed despite winning which sums up the LVG reign
SirAlexFerguson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by zKlown)
I disagree with my manager's philosophy on how to run the department, but I don't shout abuse at him.

Louis is another human being, he's trying his hardest and whilst it's not good enough, he doesn't deserve abuse. He has feelings too!

Shame on you.
I didn't shout anything at him and I don't have the guts to, especially before the game

But if we want change, the fans will have to show displeasure otherwise it won't happen.

I guess shame on me indeed
trapking
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
So Newcastle is next in a few days.....

Given how well Newcastle have been playing lately and our absolutely shocking football I can honestly see us losing that game 3-1! It will be a nightmare

Also if Schneiderlin doesn't start that game (given how he didn't play today's game) and Fellani does..... then as much as I hate saying it I will give up on watching us play until LVG goes...because I can't deal with this torture any more it's dreadful he's one stubborn Dutch man who needs to be shown the door :pain:
Mackay
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you're a season ticket holder at Old Trafford, you may as well never turn up pre-half time.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
The football on show was horrible, absolutely horrible and dare i say it, it was a waste of time. We're awful man, but its looking like we're sticking with van Gaal and i guess the only positive is , that it is now 2 games won in a row. Been a long time since we could say that. Rooney now has 2 in 2 in 2016, good for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Liverpool vs United in a few weeks.

We have no players, you play awful football.
Should be a great match to watch...
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Mackay)
If you're a season ticket holder at Old Trafford, you may as well never turn up
I agree.
Amphiprion
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
Liverpool vs United in a few weeks.

We have no players, you play awful football.
Should be a great match to watch...
We're in a season where classic big game day match ups are just complete trash. Chelsea v Utd, trash. Utd vs Liverpool, trash. Arsenal vs Tottenham is nothing special even.
Lúcio
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amphiprion)
We're in a season where classic big game day match ups are just complete trash. Chelsea v Utd, trash. Utd vs Liverpool, trash. Arsenal vs Tottenham is nothing special even.
It'll probably be an absolute classic now won't it?
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Amphiprion)
This was NOT trash doe

trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Lúcio)
It'll probably be an absolute classic now won't it?
I'm looking forward to our match against you guys! It seems we try harder against the big rivals.

Will be interesting if Martial scores again :lol: p.s. Martial > Benteke + Firmino
SirAlexFerguson
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
“Sheffield United did not create any chances either, but no one talks about that" - LVG

“I don’t think we will be doing any business in January but we need creative players, we don’t have too many. But in the end we are in the next round and we kept a clean sheet.” - LVG after spending £250m

reading those quotes makes me sad - the first one especially, he's actually comparing us to Sheffield United - second quote speaks for itself
Amphiprion
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by SirAlexFerguson)
“Sheffield United did not create any chances either, but no one talks about that" - LVG
You gotta be trollin' me, NO WAY he legit said that? What a farce.
WeOnlyLiveOnce
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

“I don’t think we will be doing any business in January but we need creative players, we don’t have too many. But in the end we are in the next round and we kept a clean sheet.” - LVG after spending £250m

reading those quotes makes me sad - the first one especially, he's actually comparing us to Sheffield United - second quote speaks for itself
Hes so honest and straight talking with the media but he comes out with some dumb **** at times. He did the same with the Capital One Cup by saying we improved this season by going further by one ****ing round this season from last season iirc lmao.

We just have to get behind him and the club i suppose because its looking like he isnt going to leave/ get sacked. Its getting difficult to watch United and thats an opinion shared by a growing number of United fans. If we dont sign atleast a right sided winger, then the season is a write off since we'll get knocked out against a good side heck any side that shows a bit of bottle and aggression in the FA Cup and also probably finish outside the top 4. It's admirable that the board and Woodward are backing van Gaal but it just feels envitable that our season is going south and we're making the same mistake with Moyes, giving too much time and by that time top 4 may already be gone.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Mackay
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by WeOnlyLiveOnce)
The football on show was horrible, absolutely horrible and dare i say it, it was a waste of time. We're awful man, but its looking like we're sticking with van Gaal and i guess the only positive is , that it is now 2 games won in a row. Been a long time since we could say that. Rooney now has 2 in 2 in 2016, good for him.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hard to disagree with any of that, really. United are becoming a victim of their own success in the past in relation to pundits, though. Liverpool have the same. The number of ex-players working as pundits and sticking the boot in is laughable.
mojojojo101
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

On that second statement: I think it's fairly obvious this squad is short of both quality and quantity in pretty much every area of the pitch, maybe up front would be okay if Rooney's performances weren't so shockingly awful but that is really about it, everywhere else we are short. Add to that we are still carrying some deadweight left over from SAF/Moyes (Fellaini, Valencia, Powell as well as Valdes and Romero). This squad needs huge investment, investment that needs to be significantly more effective than it has been over the last few years.

In all honesty though, I'm not sure the level of blame LvG is getting for the £250m is at all appropriate. Surely Woodward is far more to blame, he has consistently shown after being appointe to his post the desire to get out there and make 'big' deals, the fact those deals have been either awful (di Maria), not happened (Ramos) or been delusional from the very beggining (Muller) is hardly LvG's fault. Woodward needs to go.
trapking
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Pochettino needs to be our manager! He would be absolutely quality here (so would Laurent Blanc) but I can only dream!
Rk2k14
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
LVG also has an important hand in transfers. Fairly obvious after last season that a CB was a must and if you let 3 strikers go in one season then its common sense to sign one up. Not just a teenager.
Once again chasing unrealistic targets cost us.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (68)
19.26%
Labour (139)
39.38%
Liberal Democrats (74)
20.96%
Green Party (26)
7.37%
Brexit Party (10)
2.83%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (0)
0%
SNP (6)
1.7%
Plaid Cymru (5)
1.42%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (0)
0%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (0)
0%
UKIP (4)
1.13%
Other (3)
0.85%
None (18)
5.1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise