Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:

What always surprised me is that here in Poland. State schools are a lot better than the ones you have to pay for. And I mean A LOT! In my state school in Warsaw, Poland. 10 people got offer for Oxbridge and even more more for Edinburgh, Bristol, LSE etc.

Maybe with such a ban you could repair the state education in UK :O But it's just my opinion

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys is true you will know if yfou got your cambridge place a few days early or?
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saywhat123)
    Hey Guys is true you will know if yfou got your cambridge place a few days early or?
    No. You should know at 8am on Results Day. Definitely not before.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    No. You should know at 8am on Results Day. Definitely not before.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well that's good gives me time to book a ticket to undisclosed locations and never come back

Well that's good gives me time to book a ticket to undisclosed locations and never come back
    Name:  _20160808_111209.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  16.7 KB

ReputationRep:
    Anyone getting results tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Name:  _20160808_111209.JPG
Views: 190
Size:  16.7 KB
    Sounds perfect

Sounds perfect
    :teehee:

I'm sure you'll be more than fine

(Original post by TheFroyoBear)
    Anyone getting results tomorrow?
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    So I've managed to keep my mind off of results by keeping busy for the last few weeks, but now I have an empty week... any ideas to stop me spiralling into a bottomless pit of despair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Good luck!
    Best to get it over with!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mostly_Crazy)
    So I've managed to keep my mind off of results by keeping busy for the last few weeks, but now I have an empty week... any ideas to stop me spiralling into a bottomless pit of despair?
    Binge watch a TV show

(Original post by Mostly_Crazy)
    Watch a TV show called 'Versailles'. It's very good, though a bit OTT on the raunchiness
    (Original post by TheFroyoBear)
    Best to get it over with!
    I'm sure you'll be okay! You were also Bio NatSci if I remember correctly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    If she succeeds with that, it'll be worth Brexit.
    Why not first fix the laughable state of comprehensive schools, and then make schools for people lucky enough to get into them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Why not first fix the laughable state of comprehensive schools, and then make schools for people lucky enough to get into them?
    They should also fix Ofsted criteria - teachers who are outstanding in my school were given 'good' ratings because of silly things like the quality of their marking, which is insignificant in subjects like maths anyway :-/ As a result, my school spent more time concentrating on us doing things like PSHE and responding to teachers' comments instead of using the time to revise, just to please Ofsted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PhysicsIP2016)
    They should also fix Ofsted criteria - teachers who are outstanding in my school were given 'good' ratings because of silly things like the quality of their marking, which is insignificant in subjects like maths anyway :-/ As a result, my school spent more time concentrating on us doing things like PSHE and responding to teachers' comments instead of using the time to revise, just to please Ofsted.
    We must never displease our Ofsted overlords.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    We must never displease our Ofsted overlords.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:

ReputationRep:
    :rofl::rofl::rofl:
    On a serious note I think reports can affect a schools funding(?) or can cause an Academy to lose its status, so it makes sense that they brown nose them for a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't think my school had ofsted visit once the whole time I was there lol, but yeah some of the criteria are a bit weird

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drandy76)
    On a serious note I think reports can affect a schools funding(?) or can cause an Academy to lose its status, so it makes sense that they brown nose them for a bit

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I'm not surprised in that case!

(Original post by samb1234)
    Don't think my school had ofsted visit once the whole time I was there lol, but yeah some of the criteria are a bit weird
    Yeah they seem to prioritise relatively insignificant criteria when lots of subjects require many different skills. All students shouldn't be lumped under one style of learning either :-/

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Break up or unrequited love?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.