Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MahuduElec)
    Damn that M3 really was horrendous huh. Glad I chose to do fp3 instead of m3 as my extra module. Feel really bad for people, like yourself, who depend on m3 for their overall grades. It's such bs imo that exam boards can pull this stuff off and get away with it.

I need an A* in maths, so 90 avg in C3 and C4, and 15 ums in an applied (lol).

Only need AA in f maths and physics, and thanks to my AS ums, in fm I just need to avg 200 ums over 3 of the 4 modules I took. And mid E's in my physics exams lol.

Hey, at least FP4 was standard this year, from what I heard. Btw, any reason you didn't sit any stats or decision? Maybe you did S1/D1 at AS? But no A2?

Also, pray to the aqa lords for a good grade boundary day!! Imagine C3 is like 70 for an A*, truly ****ed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It really was. I know its so annoying, its like so annoying how they just mess with people's futures. Ah i see i need what i said before plus an A in german. ( i took maths, further maths and german)

Yeah FP4 was standard, and i thought C4 and M2 were quite good/ok. M3, FP3, and C3 were the worst i've ever done by far. I would have done a decision or stats but my school just entered my class for the modules they have taught to A2 in previous years which were the FP modules and Mechanics 3. But personally i think those modules are harder than the decision and stats ones so wish i coud have done one of those. In AS i did FP1, S1 and D1 and got 255/300 UMS, and 240 UMS was an A. So this year i need 165 UMS for my B in further so need 165 ums over M3, FP4, FP3, so workd out i can get C, C, D and still get a B overall. But in just maths i need A A B in the papers to get an A overall but i think i may have a C in C3, due to how diabolical it was .

lets just pray that the grade boundaries reflect it!! im sure if 9.5 thousand students complained, then the grade boundaries won't be too high

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emi1998)
    It really was. I know its so annoying, its like so annoying how they just mess with people's futures. Ah i see i need what i said before plus an A in german. ( i took maths, further maths and german)

Yeah FP4 was standard, and i thought C4 and M2 were quite good/ok. M3, FP3, and C3 were the worst i've ever done by far. I would have done a decision or stats but my school just entered my class for the modules they have taught to A2 in previous years which were the FP modules and Mechanics 3. But personally i think those modules are harder than the decision and stats ones so wish i coud have done one of those. In AS i did FP1, S1 and D1 and got 255/300 UMS, and 240 UMS was an A. So this year i need 165 UMS for my B in further so need 165 ums over M3, FP4, FP3, so workd out i can get C, C, D and still get a B overall. But in just maths i need A A B in the papers to get an A overall but i think i may have a C in C3, due to how diabolical it was .

lets just pray that the grade boundaries reflect it!! im sure if 9.5 thousand students complained, then the grade boundaries won't be too high
    Be sure to make your daily prayers to aqa for C3 boundaries, it sounds like your in the same boat as me, uni just depends really on C3:yes:

It's finally hit me, I'm getting an uneasy stomach just thinking about checking track on the 18th 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MahuduElec)
    Be sure to make your daily prayers to aqa for C3 boundaries, it sounds like your in the same boat as me, uni just depends really on C3:yes:

It's finally hit me, I'm getting an uneasy stomach just thinking about checking track on the 18th 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I will ☺️ I really can't face a year of resitting 😩 I hope we both check track and it says congratulations😭😭

ReputationRep:
    • Are you AS or A2? AS
    • What subjects are you taking? BIO CHEM PHYS MATHS
    • To which university are you hoping to go? Nottingham or KCL
    • To study which subject? Medicine
    • If applicable, what were your AS grades? [YET TO ACHIEVE]
    • What grades are required for your desired degree? AAA at A2
    • What grades are you predicted? AABB
    • How did your exams go? Majority went well apart from First C1 paper and 2nd Bio depth paper
    • How are you feeling about results day? Nervous af
    • Anything else to add? n/a

ReputationRep:
    what exam boards are you doing?

Posted from TSR Mobile

does anyone know where AQA mark schemes are since someone has already uploaded the Edexcel ones?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles26)
    does anyone know where AQA mark schemes are since someone has already uploaded the Edexcel ones?
    Not released until Wednesday 17th August.

ReputationRep:
    Are the grade statistics released on the 17th as well ??

(Original post by marioman)
    Not released until Wednesday 17th August.
    oh ok thank you! will the link be posted on here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles26)
    oh ok thank you! will the link be posted on here?
    Should be, you might have to wait a bit as the person who downloads them from the AQA secure site does so by hand and it's quite time-consuming.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Are the grade statistics released on the 17th as well ??
    Grade statistics?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aph)
    Grade statistics?
    Yes like the list of subjects and percentages of people who got each grade ; I find it very interesting to look at as you can compare it against grade boundaries to see whether people improved or not from the year before

ReputationRep:
    Yes like the list of subjects and percentages of people who got each grade ; I find it very interesting to look at as you can compare it against grade boundaries to see whether people improved or not from the year before
    Yes they are released on the 17th.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marioman)
    Yes they are released on the 17th.
    Thanks man :

ReputationRep:
    Oh god.... 2 weeks today....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That exists?! Where

ReputationRep:
    on the exam board websites or look up a level results statistics

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GabbytheGreek_48)
    on the exam board websites or look up a level results statistics

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Wow... In 2'of my subjects just under half of all candidates got an A or A* and in the last one just under half got a B or more.

ReputationRep:
    • Are you AS or A2? A2
    • What subjects are you taking? EPQ - English Lit, Economics, Maths, Religious Studies
    • To which university are you hoping to go? I have an offer from KCL but I'm almost certainly taking a year off so that I can reapply to Oxford, so will decline
    • To study which subject? Philosophy, Politics and Economics
    • If applicable, what were your AS grades? AAAD (D in Maths)
    • What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA however I'm hoping to get A* (EPQ) A*A*A*A
    • What grades are you predicted? A* (EPQ) A*A*AB
    • How did your exams go? Well I think, ran out of time in D1, C3 and C4 went well and I may have just clinched an A* but not sure All of my other subjects went pretty well as usual, I'm only really worried about Maths as I cannot get the D I got last year...
    • How are you feeling about results day? Apprehensive after having bad results days in the past, but I also really really really want to know what I got
    • Anything else to add? Does talking about results day make it sooner? Does checking unofficial mark schemes in anyway give me a hint as to how I did? No? Oh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9dobbo1)
    • Are you AS or A2? A2
    • What subjects are you taking? EPQ - English Lit, Economics, Maths, Religious Studies
    • To which university are you hoping to go? I have an offer from KCL but I'm almost certainly taking a year off so that I can reapply to Oxford, so will decline
    • To study which subject? Philosophy, Politics and Economics
    • If applicable, what were your AS grades? AAAD (D in Maths)
    • What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA however I'm hoping to get A* (EPQ) A*A*A*A
    • What grades are you predicted? A* (EPQ) A*A*AB
    • How did your exams go? Well I think, ran out of time in D1, C3 and C4 went well and I may have just clinched an A* but not sure All of my other subjects went pretty well as usual, I'm only really worried about Maths as I cannot get the D I got last year...
    • How are you feeling about results day? Apprehensive after having bad results days in the past, but I also really really really want to know what I got
    • Anything else to add? Does talking about results day make it sooner? Does checking unofficial mark schemes in anyway give me a hint as to how I did? No? Oh.
    Your AS results are really good, congrats!! hopefully you'll get into university

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.