Depression Society MkII Watch

This discussion is closed.
jonathan122
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Bangers+Mash)
ive gone into my room and put my music on as loud as i can, my parents are prob going mad...not to think of my neighbours, but i dont care about anyone anymore other than friends and you guys

I just am so frustrated with everything, i just wish i could curl up with someone at night and hold on to them for ever and ever and be happy, instead of being alone all the time, like im trapped in a hole all on my own.
I know why im like this though, its because im a horrible person, im selfish, and ugly, and boring...who likes someone who prefers nights in? no one. its not my fault id rather spend a quiet night in than getting so pissed i end up sick and feel like ****.

Im sorry, i dont know whats up with me, i just feel so so angry, like i want to break stuff smash things up and hurt myself.
Hi b+m, the important thing at the moment is to try and calm yourself down - it's no good thinking about things like this when you're in such a state. It might be best if you rang the hospital to see if you could get an emergency GP appointment to get some tranquilisers.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by raspberrybubbles)
Wanting to jump off a bridge again... oh merde :cry:
Hi Kate, what's up? :hugs:
Sabertooth
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ive gone into my room and put my music on as loud as i can, my parents are prob going mad...not to think of my neighbours, but i dont care about anyone anymore other than friends and you guys

I just am so frustrated with everything, i just wish i could curl up with someone at night and hold on to them for ever and ever and be happy, instead of being alone all the time, like im trapped in a hole all on my own.
I know why im like this though, its because im a horrible person, im selfish, and ugly, and boring...who likes someone who prefers nights in? no one. its not my fault id rather spend a quiet night in than getting so pissed i end up sick and feel like ****.

Im sorry, i dont know whats up with me, i just feel so so angry, like i want to break stuff smash things up and hurt myself.
You don't have headphones to stop them getting mad?

Lots of people like quiet nights in. A lot of the media in Britain points to loud, drunk individuals and says that everyone's like that but the truth is a lot of people prefer a glass of wine, a movie, snuggling on the sofa and an early night to bed When you get to uni you'll meet people like you, because there are so many different types of people who all prefer differing things. I know at school it can be really tough, at my school everyone went out getting smashed I thought everyone was like that but at uni there are people just like you. You have to hang on though. :hugs:

Don't hurt yourself, it doesn't help. If you feel you want to smash stuff why don't you rather than bottling it up? Punch your pillow as hard as you can, you'll tire yourself out and hopefully get rid of some of the anger as well.
raspberrybubbles
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Hi Kate, what's up? :hugs:
I don't know. Just everything. Just feeling like I can't carry on, like there's no point. I just feel so crap all the time I think what's the point? I don't get it: this morning/last night I was crazy as hell, jumping around thinking I could fly and stuff, and now I'm just like jump off the god damn bridge
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Sabertooth)
You don't have headphones to stop them getting mad?

Lots of people like quiet nights in. A lot of the media in Britain points to loud, drunk individuals and says that everyone's like that but the truth is a lot of people prefer a glass of wine, a movie, snuggling on the sofa and an early night to bed When you get to uni you'll meet people like you, because there are so many different types of people who all prefer differing things. I know at school it can be really tough, at my school everyone went out getting smashed I thought everyone was like that but at uni there are people just like you. You have to hang on though. :hugs:

Don't hurt yourself, it doesn't help. If you feel you want to smash stuff why don't you rather than bottling it up? Punch your pillow as hard as you can, you'll tire yourself out and hopefully get rid of some of the anger as well.
thanks.

Im just so frustrated with things now, its mad because ive actually felt happy a few times the past few days, earlier i was dancing around like a mad man with my 3yr old sister to music it was so fun, but now i just feel like i want to put myself in hospital because i dont really deserve to be in the real world, i cant handle it, if i was a dog i would have been put down by now.

I just want to go and fight someone and hurt someone, i feel really aggressive.
But im never ever violent, im not a violent person, never have been. I dont know why i feel like this, I just feel so upset.

And anyway, at this rate i wont even get into university, i am so far behind in college work AND we havent even got back yet i have coursework in all 3 subjects to do, along with other bits and peices, and UCAS not even started my personal statement or anything like that i have so much to do i just would rather die than do anything
starchild
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Davids on holiday for a week and I am already missing him tonnes. I feel so low :cry:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanks.

Im just so frustrated with things now, its mad because ive actually felt happy a few times the past few days, earlier i was dancing around like a mad man with my 3yr old sister to music it was so fun, but now i just feel like i want to put myself in hospital because i dont really deserve to be in the real world, i cant handle it, if i was a dog i would have been put down by now.

But im never ever violent, im not a violent person, never have been. I dont know why i feel like this, I just feel so upset.

And anyway, at this rate i wont even get into university, i am so far behind in college work AND we havent even got back yet i have coursework in all 3 subjects to do, along with other bits and peices, and UCAS not even started my personal statement or anything like that i have so much to do i just would rather die than do anything
Do college know that you're ill? They should be able to give you an extension with your coursework and UCAS stuff. :hugs:
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by starchild)
Davids on holiday for a week and I am already missing him tonnes. I feel so low :cry:
:console:
Not Invented Yet
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
thanks.

I feel exactly like this right now. I feel like I ought to be sectioned for everyone else's safety - I walked past a little boy sitting on the kerb today and found myself wondering if I could break his ribs if I kicked him hard enough. :confused: What the **** was that about? I'm never usually violent at all, let alone towards small children who've never done anything to me!

I'm thinking about taking up a sport like kickboxing - it would get out some of my frustration as well as making me fitter and healthier, which would hopefully improve my confidence and make me feel better. The psychologist I used to see recommended this to me, but I went to one karate lesson, decided I was fat and useless and everyone else there was laughing at me, and never went back again. Hopefully, though, if I try again I might be able to go through with it. Do you think something like that might make you feel better as well? We could both give it a try and see how it goes, perhaps?
raspberrybubbles
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Not Invented Yet)
I feel exactly like this right now. I feel like I ought to be sectioned for everyone else's safety - I walked past a little boy sitting on the kerb today and found myself wondering if I could break his ribs if I kicked him hard enough. :confused: What the **** was that about? I'm never usually violent at all, let alone towards small children who've never done anything to me!

I'm thinking about taking up a sport like kickboxing - it would get out some of my frustration as well as making me fitter and healthier, which would hopefully improve my confidence and make me feel better. The psychologist I used to see recommended this to me, but I went to one karate lesson, decided I was fat and useless and everyone else there was laughing at me, and never went back again. Hopefully, though, if I try again I might be able to go through with it. Do you think something like that might make you feel better as well? We could both give it a try and see how it goes, perhaps?
I'm like that too. Some days I'm just so violent, and have really violent thoughts. I used to kickbox, I find it really helps: I'm never angry to that extent during term, so why not try it? My local gym does it aerobics style, so you get fit too! No-one will laugh about your weight, cos everyone's in the same boat
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jonathan122)
Do college know that you're ill? They should be able to give you an extension with your coursework and UCAS stuff. :hugs:
They do know, I just hope they do give me extra support if i need it, this year will be bad enough as it is, i have a real challenge ahead of me if i want to go to uni

I really would like to try something like that....and i would if i had someone to go with, and there is NOBODY i know who would go with me. I really hate meeting new people i have no confidence at all so i dont know if i would be able to do it without breaking down, i used to break down when i was in college last year...and i was in a familiar environment there too

-----------------------

My psychiatrist asked me to write down some things when i feel bad
i thought id share just a little bit on here, it might make me feel better if i can share how i feel:

I've been living on a cloud the past few days, how dare i even think that things will get better, why give myself false hope, it will only make things worse in the long run.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
-------------------

My psychiatrist asked me to write down some things when i feel bad
i thought id share just a little bit on here, it might make me feel better if i can share how i feel:

I've been living on a cloud the past few days, how dare i even think that things will get better, why give myself false hope, it will only make things worse in the long run.
Luke, if you look at things rationally, is there really any evidence that things won't get better? Is there any evidence that hope will make things worse in the long run?

:hugs:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just want to go lie down and cry, but i feel so numb and empty that i cant even make myself cry.
jonathan122
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just want to go lie down and cry, but i feel so numb and empty that i cant even make myself cry.
Perhaps you should just have a lie down and relax. Don't worry about making yourself cry, just try and empty your mind of everything. :hugs:
Bangers+Mash
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Thanks Jonathan i prob will go for a bit, Everyone is so nice here.

:hugs: to Kate and Siti hope you're ok
Thanks saber and Notinvented yet.
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
In the past, I've been advised that when you feel numb and empty you should do something like biting a lemon or squeezing an ice cube so that the sudden sharp sensation brings you back to yourself and makes you aware of your body - I think it was supposed to be as an alternative to SH. Not sure if that applies to you or not, but just thought I'd let you know since that's what the professionals seem to think. I hope you feel better soon - you're always so nice to everyone on here, it's a shame to see you so sad.
gooner1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I don't know what to do. The last time I OD'd the doctors put the needle in my arm and severely damaged my nerve. That was 5 weeks ago and they said the pain would go away within 2 days. It still hurts and I haven't been to work because it hurts so much. I told my GP and he won't write me a note explaining why I'm ill. He thinks I'm 'exaggerating' and it's just a cry for attention.

It really isn't. I'm in so much pain and no one's helping me
I can't even afford proper legal advice.
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by gooner1991)
I don't know what to do. The last time I OD'd the doctors put the needle in my arm and severely damaged my nerve. That was 5 weeks ago and they said the pain would go away within 2 days. It still hurts and I haven't been to work because it hurts so much. I told my GP and he won't write me a note explaining why I'm ill. He thinks I'm 'exaggerating' and it's just a cry for attention.

It really isn't. I'm in so much pain and no one's helping me
I can't even afford proper legal advice.
Could you try contacting the hospital that made the mistake in the first place? Perhaps they could help more as they know more about what happened.
gooner1991
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Could you try contacting the hospital that made the mistake in the first place? Perhaps they could help more as they know more about what happened.
It's a bit difficult because I was on holiday in Prague at the time. None of the doctors speak English and when I got my mum to speak to them (she speaks Czech) the doctor denied everything. It makes no sense because they even wrote about it in my discharge letter.
Not Invented Yet
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Hmm, that's a bit dodgy - you'd think if there was actual proof, it would be more beneficial for them to just admit it. I have no knowledge of legal or medical systems, but I'm sure there's something you can do - you can definitely get free legal advice from the Citizen's Advice Bureau, so that might be something you could try. If they've messed up and left you in enough pain to really disrupt your life, there should be something you can do. I also think it's very unfair what your GP said - he has no right to make that sort of assumption. I hope you feel better soon! :hugs:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (362)
37.51%
No - but I will (74)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (67)
6.94%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (462)
47.88%

Watched Threads