UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

bean87
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Your tutor was kind to predict you an A when you got a C in chemistry lozengec. was there bribery/sex involved?
daffy91
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
haha yeah we did good on our ukcat XD
nah i got diff in the modules >.< or we cud hav been psyhotwins or sumink haha
i got 640, 660, 660 and 750
ooh whats A102? im applying queen mary, kings, bristol and st georges =] i better get into one of them lol x
Mathematician!
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by bean87)
Your tutor was kind to predict you an A when you got a C in chemistry lozengec. was there bribery/sex involved?
I got a C in Biology and got predicted an A... That's life, eh?
shriya
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Mathematician!)
I got a C in Biology and got predicted an A... That's life, eh?
which unis have you applied to?
LozengeC
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
No, no bribery/sex, I'm not that cheap thankyou.

Basically I wasn't taught the subject matter for a whole exam in biology as my teacher got pregnant, missed loads of lessons, and only talked about being pregnant, so I had to teach myself the whole exam stuff whilst I was meant to be revising for my subjects, so I had no time to do past papers, so I didn't have a clue what the exam was actually asking. :p: Also I got really demotivated last year, but this year I'm super extra extrodinarily motivated (woooh! :p:) so I WILL do a lot better.

Plus I'm only doing 4 subjects instead of 6 this year.

x
LozengeC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by daffy91)
haha yeah we did good on our ukcat XD
nah i got diff in the modules >.< or we cud hav been psyhotwins or sumink haha
i got 640, 660, 660 and 750
ooh whats A102? im applying queen mary, kings, bristol and st georges =] i better get into one of them lol x
I've always wanted a psychictwic thing hehe. And A102 is medicine with a foundation year as I was worried that I'd mess up and wouldn't get the grades I needed. It's a long shot, but so is medicine in general, so I thought I'd go for it. :yep:

And I'm sure you'll get in! Good luck anyway! Have you started preparing for the interviews?
daffy91
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
ooh that was a clever idea...im startin to worry about gettin in lol i didnt know until after id sent my ucas off that the 6 girls that applied to medicine last year all got rejected before an interview :O ohh shiiiiit... and iv applied for 3 in london which is supa competitive and my grades werent that good either lmao got a few retakes comin up in jan...and a driving theory test lmao
so hav u started preparin for interviews? x
Sprout_hair
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by LozengeC)
I've always wanted a psychictwic thing hehe. And A102 is medicine with a foundation year as I was worried that I'd mess up and wouldn't get the grades I needed. It's a long shot, but so is medicine in general, so I thought I'd go for it. :yep:

And I'm sure you'll get in! Good luck anyway! Have you started preparing for the interviews?
I thought foundation courses were for people with the right grades but not the right subjects? Seeing as you take biology AND chemistry, are you still elegible to apply?
LozengeC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by daffy91)
ooh that was a clever idea...im startin to worry about gettin in lol i didnt know until after id sent my ucas off that the 6 girls that applied to medicine last year all got rejected before an interview :O ohh shiiiiit... and iv applied for 3 in london which is supa competitive and my grades werent that good either lmao got a few retakes comin up in jan...and a driving theory test lmao
so hav u started preparin for interviews? x
Danke. And last year we had our first two applicants for medicine, and they both got in, but they probably had better grades than I did. :p: Anyway, I'm hoping to get better grades by summer *fingers crossed*.

Don't worry about the other girls, they are different to you, it doesn't matter how well they did. I'm sure if your personal statement and predicted grades are good enough, and then your lovely personality will shine through. :yep:

Don't worry about your driving theory test either, it's easy, trust me! I have my driving practical test in December. So worried! Hehe.

And I did a mock interview or two, and have some coming up next month, and I'm thinking about stuff which they might ask, and how I'd answer. Did anyone else heard about the German farmer with the arm transplants a week or so ago? :p:

(Original post by Sprout_hair)
I thought foundation courses were for people with the right grades but not the right subjects? Seeing as you take biology AND chemistry, are you still elegible to apply?
Yes, but only at Southampton. :p: Hehe.
Danielisew
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Did anyone else heard about the German farmer with the arm transplants a week or so ago? :p:
Yup

He had two full arm transplants and he is getting used to them and their feeling already.. his body is rejecting them though isn't it? So he must be on constant drugs..
LozengeC
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I hadn't heard that they're being rejected, I thought that was a preventative measure. :p: It would be weird thinking that a dead person's arms were in bed with you, and touching stuff, and moving with you all the time. It's good that he's got access to councelling though.

Do you think it'd be suitable to talk about in interview? Or is it not medical enough (like the theory behind it)? It's amazing what they can do though!
Mathematician!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shriya)
which unis have you applied to?
Manchester, Leeds, Liverpool and Keele.
Mathematician!
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Danielisew)
Yup

He had two full arm transplants and he is getting used to them and their feeling already.. his body is rejecting them though isn't it? So he must be on constant drugs..
Yeah, immunosuppressant drugs I suppose.
Myoclonic Jerk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
It would be weird thinking that a dead person's arms were in bed with you, and touching stuff, and moving with you all the time.
I wonder how he copes with the thought of another man touching his willy every time he masturbates...
Holsy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
(Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)
I wonder how he copes with the thought of another man touching his willy every time he masturbates...
:lolwut:

Speaking of transplants - did anyone watch the 'Blood and Guts' series on BBC Three (which were fantastic despite their title)? One episode was on transplants and focused on a man with an arm transplant which he stopped taking immunosupressants for and so it rotted while attached to his body. It was quite interesting. BBC iplayer them!
Myoclonic Jerk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
:lolwut:

Speaking of transplants - did anyone watch the 'Blood and Guts' series on BBC Three (which were fantastic despite their title)? One episode was on transplants and focused on a man with an arm transplant which he stopped taking immunosupressants for and so it rotted while attached to his body. It was quite interesting. BBC iplayer them!
No, unfortunately.

How long ago were they on? - I think iPlayer only holds stuff for a week (I've just searched it, to no avail...)
Holsy
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 years ago
Ah. Last month. Alas, they're no longer on there. :no:
Myoclonic Jerk
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Holsy)
Ah. Last month. Alas, they're no longer on there. :no:
*mourns*
Isometrix
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
hehe this thread should be deleted now...it's no longer needed and only brings back bad memories
daffy91
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Danke. And last year we had our first two applicants for medicine, and they both got in, but they probably had better grades than I did. Anyway, I'm hoping to get better grades by summer *fingers crossed*.
lol yeah i got like a bio and chem retake in jan >.< sooo much effort lmao but revisin now im actually like :O how thick was i last year lmfao cs is it just me or dus doin A2 make AS seem realli easy
im hopin in my interview they dont bring up a topic i dont know anything about :O my bio teacher told me to start listening to radio 4...so i went on the website n the first thing i heard was ' and now another interesting conversation about soil growth' n then closed the window. lmao... when shud we start gettin interview dates by? lmao and what happens if you keep on laughing in ur interview cos ima laugh lmao cs i laugh at like everything thats not even funny. like today lmao this random year 7 was standing in the hall and she was just standing there and then she like fell! but like nobody was near her lmao and she didnt faint :O so like wtf did she trip on? made me laugh haha... x
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads