TSR Fantasy Football League 2008/9 Watch

This discussion is closed.
GYinWL
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by lfc4life)
Missed Anelka's goal and Geoff said he got a "magical assist" like SWP...
My bad
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Ronaldo VII)
You get what you pay for.

I wonder if the person who took him out for Arteta is regretting his decision. I said it was a big mistake
This gameweek:

Ronaldo + Cole = 16
Adebayor + Arteta = 15

So it's not a bad swap in my opinion. Also, I still made £0.6m profit which I can use to fund Carragher.

Just got rid of Cesc for Geovanni. Cesc has not been doing well... Now I've got £5.2m in the bank! :shock:

Also, why didn't VDS play this week???

Even though Ade's in my team, it does seem highly unjustified that he got 3 bonus points but RVP didn't get any. RVP got two assists, on 'pre-assist' AND a goal, and was by far our best player yesterday, and he still got no reward for it! Ade was lucky to score the tap in, and his assist was a straightfoward pass. How that's good enough for three bonus points I have no idea...
Danny the Geezer
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I've just got rid of Cesc too for Ashley Young, got a bit in the bank too. Might wildcard Ronaldo for Saturday.
The Sherminator
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Another bad week :sigh:
I keep choosing the wrong captain, and some players just didn't perform the way i thought they would have.
jermaindefoe
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol i lost my head to head this week against someone who was 3rd from bottom with a negative 100 odd gd and he got 81 points :eek:
v1oXx-
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I got 77 :proud:
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I could drop Lampard and SWP for Ronaldo and Giovanni but it doesnt seem worth it to me... rather spread my team then go for all my eggs in one basket?
This could be the first weekend where I dont make atleast one change :eek:
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by sarforaz)
I could drop Lampard and SWP for Ronaldo and Giovanni but it doesnt seem worth it to me... rather spread my team then go for all my eggs in one basket?
This could be the first weekend where I dont make atleast one change :eek:
Nah, you surely can't be thinking of dropping Lampard! He's got 20 points from bonuses alone!!

If you could somehow get Lampard AND Ronaldo in your team however, you should go for it.

I'm captaining Lampard this week for the first time since I've had him. Bet he gets sent off.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by geoff_yin)
Nah, you surely can't be thinking of dropping Lampard! He's got 20 points from bonuses alone!!

If you could somehow get Lampard AND Ronaldo in your team however, you should go for it.

I'm captaining Lampard this week for the first time since I've had him. Bet he gets sent off.
Well the alternative is to find a cheap striker up top, drop Adebayor and bring in Ronaldo.

Tbh I probably wont bother bringing him in... I feel like having a Lampard/Torres expensive combo and then a good 2nd striker like Defoe and Arteta + SWP or of that standard in midfield. Rather have 5 good players than one great and 3 crap?
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Well the alternative is to find a cheap striker up top, drop Adebayor and bring in Ronaldo.

Tbh I probably wont bother bringing him in... I feel like having a Lampard/Torres expensive combo and then a good 2nd striker like Defoe and Arteta + SWP or of that standard in midfield. Rather have 5 good players than one great and 3 crap?
Aye. £14m+ for one player is ridiculous. As I said before, I'd got Adebayor + Arteta + £0.6m just for Ronaldo and Carlton Cole. Now I've got both a fantastic midfield and and fantastic strike force instead of just an amazing midfield.

Plus, with Cesc gone, I've got enough money to bring in Carragher for Figueroa. Also, if I bring in A Traore for Laursen, I'll have enough money to bring in Torres for Defoe. Looks very nice to me!
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Im considering dropped Ferdinand for Arbeloa..
I dont know if thats just me being crazy though?
Danny the Geezer
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ferdinand will play more games and probably keep more clean sheets
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by jaydoh)
Ferdinand will play more games and probably keep more clean sheets
Mmm well in the next 7 games, Utd have Arsenal, Villa, City, Spurs.
Whereas Liverpool have 7 mid-bottom teams though Spurs is in there.
Degen hasnt played many games.. Arbeloa has only missed 20 mins football out of 900 mins so far...
He's a fullback so hopefully a couple of assists could crop up?
Iunno.. there's something about Arbeloa that I like, and he's like 0.8mil cheaper.
41 points to Rio's 36 points so far...
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah you should go for it, but not right now.

Arbeloa's on four yellow cards. Wait for him to serve out his suspension for five yellow cards, then bring him in.

I had my eye on him a few weeks ago, that's how I know...

Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Yeah you should go for it, but not right now.

Arbeloa's on four yellow cards. Wait for him to serve out his suspension for five yellow cards, then bring him in.

I had my eye on him a few weeks ago, that's how I know...

Ooh we have a clever kid :yep:
Hmm although his 5th yellow could easily come in the next game or in 7 games time... which makes it difficult to decide
Wont bring in this weekend since Liverpool are playing Spurs, dont see Pool keeping a clean sheet...
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Damn I just made 10 transfers on accident.
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
:rofl:
How can you do that by accident?
GYinWL
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ooh we have a clever kid :yep:
Hmm although his 5th yellow could easily come in the next game or in 7 games time... which makes it difficult to decide
Wont bring in this weekend since Liverpool are playing Spurs, dont see Pool keeping a clean sheet...
True - it's a tough decision. You could just bring in Evra instead - they're pretty much on the same amount of points, and Evra is £0.4m cheaper.

(Original post by Colesy)
Damn I just made 10 transfers on accident.
:shock:

Did you forgot to click on 'play wildcard' or something?!
Zerforax
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
True - it's a tough decision. You could just bring in Evra instead - they're pretty much on the same amount of points, and Evra is £0.4m cheaper.
I think thats the plan, considering im happy with the rest of my team for the moment...
Colesy
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just kidding .

I wouldn't be THAT stupid .

Was actually considering Arbeloa but thanks for mentioning what you did Geoff.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (534)
37.82%
No - but I will (110)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (96)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (672)
47.59%

Watched Threads