Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    its even worse when the people are humble about it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    well no-one's really sorted in life, unless they are born into a rich family who will provide money and such for them no matter....

but im sure he'll go far :tongue:

i mean..he's worked hard with the talent he's been given to get where he is and will no doubt continue...so like you said.....<see bold>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malsi101)
    i mean..he's worked hard with the talent he's been given to get where he is and will no doubt continue...so like you said.....<see bold>
    mmm. he could have been more amazing apparently, had his parents nurtured his intellect more at a younger age (perhaps another Terence Tao he could have been...).

ReputationRep:
    mmm. he could have been more amazing apparently, had his parents nurtured his intellect more at a younger age (perhaps another Terence Tao he could have been...).
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by natty_d)
    :lolwut:
    scary isn't it...

ReputationRep:
    scary isn't it...
    :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Who is S*mba and what amazing things has he achieved?

and ghosh...trust me don't not apply to cambridge because of the lack of social life. My cousin is there and he is having an amaazing time...especially being part of the Magdalene drinking society!

ReputationRep:
    who the hells terrance tao?

ReputationRep:
    i want to go to bed :rant:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bob9001)
    Who is S*mba and what amazing things has he achieved?

and ghosh...trust me don't not apply to cambridge because of the lack of social life. My cousin is there and he is having an amaazing time...especially being part of the Magdalene drinking society!
    ah cool. Magdalene apparently has a bit of a reputation for a lot of :hump: lol.

S*mba is currently a first year mathematician at trinity college, cambridge. i believe he was GCSE maths standard by age 9 (that could be slightly wrong) and was doing lots of A-level maths around the age of 13. he took all 18 of the available maths modules for A-level, and got the highest score across all 18 in the entire country. he sat STEP II and III in year 12, and scored S and 1 respectively. he was in the IMO squad - a group of the best 8-10 under 18 mathematicians in the country. he has taught himself most of the first year cambridge maths stuff, and i assume he's started on plenty of 2nd year stuff.

Terence Tao is inhuman. He was in the top 50 or so under 18 mathematicians by the age of 13. he started doing IMO (international maths olympiad) by the age of 10 i think - most IMO contestants start around 15/16. and IMO contestants are themselves ridiculously amazing. and i mean ******* amazing! he went to university to study maths at age 14. he got his masters at 17. he got his PhD with a scholarship at 20. He won the MacArthur Felllowship, known as the Genius Award. He just received a Fields Medal - like the nobel prize of mathematics, but actually much harder to get, as you have to be younger than 40 and it is awarded every 4 years. he is now known as the Mozart of Mathematics apparently.

but i would never want to be like T Tao. it is literally inhuman.

ReputationRep:
    o.m.g
    thats amazing.

byexx

ReputationRep:
    ah cool. Magdalene apparently has a bit of a reputation for a lot of :hump: lol.

S*mba is currently a first year mathematician at trinity college, cambridge. i believe he was GCSE maths standard by age 9 (that could be slightly wrong) and was doing lots of A-level maths around the age of 13. he took all 18 of the available maths modules for A-level, and got the highest score across all 18 in the entire country. he sat STEP II and III in year 12, and scored S and 1 respectively. he was in the IMO squad - a group of the best 8-10 under 18 mathematicians in the country. he has taught himself most of the first year cambridge maths stuff, and i assume he's started on plenty of 2nd year stuff.

Terence Tao is inhuman. He was in the top 50 or so under 18 mathematicians by the age of 13. he started doing IMO (international maths olympiad) by the age of 10 i think - most IMO contestants start around 15/16. and IMO contestants are themselves ridiculously amazing. and i mean ******* amazing! he went to university to study maths at age 14. he got his masters at 17. he got his PhD with a scholarship at 20. He won the MacArthur Felllowship, known as the Genius Award. He just received a Fields Medal - like the nobel prize of mathematics, but actually much harder to get, as you have to be younger than 40 and it is awarded every 4 years. he is now known as the Mozart of Mathematics apparently.

:eek4:

my life is soo rubbish compared to them

ReputationRep:
    be honest though, would you ever want to be T Tao? do you think he has/had any social life ever?

S*m*ba is more comparable. but i don't know if i wanted to actually be him...

ReputationRep:

:eek3:

f*ck me that's amazing!
    nature or nuture I wander?!

ReputationRep:
    good night y'all

i may not be around until next week, i may be on tomorrow for a short while though but sayonara... :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    :eek3:

f*ck me that's amazing!
    nature or nuture I wander?!
    nature, in my opinion, did the trick for Tao and S*m*ba. they are both naturally genii it would appear...

ReputationRep:
    nature, in my opinion, did the trick for Tao and S*mba. they are both naturally genii it would appear...
    yeah lol

just a quick question..

im finding the sum of consective numbers 37-150 inclusive

for finding the number of terms..do I take away 150-37=113 and add 1=114 to include 37? I don't add two to include 150 do I?!

*edit..just realised how stupid that sounds...sorry I get it now :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    ghosh...edit si*m*ba in that last but one, one!

ReputationRep:
    yeah lol

just a quick question..

im finding the sum of consective numbers 37-150 inclusive

for finding the number of terms..do I take away 150-37=113 and add 1=114 to include 37? I don't add two to include 150 do I?!

*edit..just realised how stupid that sounds...sorry I get it now :tongue:
    note that it's an arithmetic series: first term 37, common difference 1. you need to find the number of terms first.

hint - open after trying
    use  u_n = a+(n-1)d , knowing all apart from n

then sub in 'n', 'a' and 'd' into your formula for the sum of an arithmetic series.

hint - open after trying
     S_n = \frac{n}{2} (2a + (n-1)d)

edit. just noticed your edit :>.<:

ReputationRep:
    I bunked Mechanics :sad: Second time in a row.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.