Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    My application was processed on 17th December and I've only now got my first reply (Conditional to Glamorgan). I've applied to Swansea & Swansea Met aswell for Business Management. The conditional I got for Glamorgan was DMM (Equivelant of 280 UCAS Points) and I should achieve either DMM or DDM, but my first choice of Uni is Swansea.

Anyone else applying for Business Management in Swans, or anyone applied and not heard back from Swansea kind of the same time as me?

Getting a bit frustrated :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    Getting crazy over waiting for a response from Aberdeen... checking track about 10 times a day... Whats taking them so long???

ReputationRep:
    If February comes before I get a single response I may begin to go insane

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clotty)
    I have been silently lurking on this thread for ages, trying to pretend to myself that not having any response from the last one is not driving me round the bend.
    It is driving me nuts though, although I feel a bit guilty about my impatience, given that I know some people, like my friend who sent her form off only a week after me, haven't had so much as an acknowledgment from any choice.
    It baffles me how the order of response comes about, someone in my class was offered a place by a tutor when we went to an open day and yet I've had an offer via UCAS and she hasn't yet. Whilst my 5th choice she's had an offer from already and I sent mine in before her, by quite a few weeks (and it can't take that long to compose a letter to me saying "get lost" can it?!)

Hello, by the way.
    This is pretty much what I'm like, too.
    The only one I'm waiting for is the one I ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT. Oh, York. Why must you torment me so?
    But yeah, I don't get it. Especially now the deadline's gone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tumblebard)
    The only one I'm waiting for is the one I ACTUALLY CARE ABOUT. Oh, York. Why must you torment me so?
    So true! Come on YORK! You've had my application since 14th October!!

ReputationRep:
    It'll be a shame if I have to wait for my fifth offer till February. From a uni that wants ABB!

ReputationRep:
    Im still waiting on the last offer i just want to know what i will get from them but they have passed on my application to another dept due to me stating i have a disability (hidden affects my hands) and they need to know that they can provide support (see spoiler for uni waiting on) and they are only one to actually do this ..... but it driving me insane on the waiting its like come on already ... please (lolz)

ReputationRep:
    Got my first reply back there and about time too - the waiting was driving me crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Got my first reply today - unconditional from Nottigham for Economics. Waiting on LSE and Warwick now.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Neon_flamingo)
    Haha, oh man, I love how everybody is just as obsessed :lol:
    But seriously, it's like a weird disease :eek3:

Yeah, I really don't know why people were spo obesessed with the swine flu. The worst virus that has struck me this winter was definitely the one with UCAS obsession :eek:

ReputationRep:
    i feel so stupid compare to all of you.. applying to all the top ten aha.

but i got an offer from nottingham trent YAY

ReputationRep:
    February had better be a good month in terms of replies for us all.

Should be, considering the deadline's passed. And I think UCAS extra starts at the end of next month?

So, unless it's like, Bristol or a uni that's known for taking ages/till around April, here's hoping the rest get back to us...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tumblebard)
    What did you apply for at York?
    York was the first uni that I got an answer from (Jan 13th I think it was) and everybody else I know who applied there has gotten their answer.
    OK, sorry...this is probably not helping. I guess it depends on what you applied for. others are just slower than others :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by la_mariposa)
    Yeah, I sent mine off in November, so it hasn't exactly been ages either - I just believe it is I applied at Glasgow, Sheffield, Nottingham and Durham&York as well and got offers from Glasgow, Sheffield and York. Durham and Nottingham are my first choices though :rolleyes: My Durham application has been in college for almost 6 weeks...
    Ahhhh, so annoying that the two unis that are your first choices are the ones you are waiting for! Thats torture right there.
    The thing that scares me about knowing that my applications have been at a uni so long is that I imagine they are lying in some old dusty pile labeled "the maybe pile"...which seriously scares the **** out of me!

ReputationRep:
    What did you apply for at York?
    York was the first uni that I got an answer from (Jan 13th I think it was) and everybody else I know who applied there has gotten their answer.
    OK, sorry...this is probably not helping. I guess it depends on what you applied for. others are just slower than others :yep:
    Psychology :3
    and, really? None of the people in my school who've applied have heard anything ! Crazy. :yep:

I'm not too worried, I just really, really don't want to be sitting around checking track for another month just to get a rejection. :sigh:

What are you applying for?

ReputationRep:
    Ahhhh, so annoying that the two unis that are your first choices are the ones you are waiting for! Thats torture right there.
    The thing that scares me about knowing that my applications have been at a uni so long is that I imagine they are lying in some old dusty pile labeled "the maybe pile"...which seriously scares the **** out of me!

Have you heard from your faves yet?

At least I know that mine haven't been in dusty maybe piles (the Nottingham pile might be a little dusty though. They put all the application for my course on hold until the deadline ) and the Durham one has actually been moved around a lot, unfortunately only from one college to the next...

ReputationRep:
    I'm waiting for UWIC and Kingston...
    Very frustrating, especially cos the 2 most important ones that I'm scared of not getting into haven't got back to me!!

ReputationRep:
    omg I haven't heard from LSE/WARWICK ORR BRISTOL
    i sent in my app. a bit late though, around 11th january..
    but still.

thing is, i made a tad bit of mistake in my application, and sent a mail to each of my uni's with the correction, (just put the AS level grades under the wrong section)
    and then sent them another mail saying i confused math "modules" with math "units", since module=3 papers in edexcel math. (stupid? i'm with you) I do CIE subjects except math, we don't have modules.

do you think that couldve been causing the delay, will they just not bother with my app. since they're so busy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bhx)
    i feel so stupid compare to all of you.. applying to all the top ten aha.

but i got an offer from nottingham trent YAY
    :hugs: don't worry about everyone else applying to top 10.

I've applied to Keele, Glamorgan, UWE, and Staffordshire and Keele is my highest and I think it might just come around 50 on the league tables.

ReputationRep:
    come on LSE and Bath!!!!!!!!!!!! Dont keep me waiting till March for a rejection

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.