I say we send Chase & Status

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Consilio Et Animis)
    Europe is mad :rofl:
    This song is beyond ****..
    Hence by logic, Jedward should have actually won instead :facepalm2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Right Guard 3.D)
    We should definitely quit this as its so political...Some of the countries voting and performing aren't even European. And Blue were amazing I was a childhood fan so seeing them back together makes me happy!!

If we quit it, we could save several millions and Eurovision would collapse as we are a bulk provider in the costs muwhaha
    I disagree, it has gotten SO much better since the last couple of shows..(in terms of political voting)

ReputationRep:
    What a **** song.. but ohwell Azerbaijan's a Muslim country so s'all good

ReputationRep:
    o.O i'm disappointed; it's the worst song eurovision winner i've heard . Blue or Ireland were much better. And Azerbaijan is not even Europe..

ReputationRep:
    This tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obadetona)
    Now that would be amazing! :cool:
    Which song would they do on the night though?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obadetona)
    Good shout!

ReputationRep:
    :lol: mega-fail :lol:

Thus endeth another disappointing Eurovision Song Contest.

See y'all next year!

ReputationRep:
    Gutted that Moldova, Ukraine or Ireland didn't win. Azerbaijan were crap. And Eurovision is supposed to be about "new" talent acts (though really it's about politics) - why have we sent a 10 year old ex-band? They were good but that's not really the point..

ReputationRep:
    Wow people really loved Azerbaijan, didn't they. They got votes from all across Europe.

The biggest WTF of the evening - ITALY's second place.

ReputationRep:
    How long before Cameron and Clegg are out saying 'this is a sad, sad day in the history of our fine country...' ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Marsha2112)
    Gutted that Moldova, Ukraine or Ireland didn't win. Azerbaijan were crap. And Eurovision is supposed to be about "new" talent (though really it's about politics) - why have we sent a 10 year old ex-band? They were good but that's not really the point..
    Because Britain has no talent :awesome:

In all honesty, it's because this people don't take it seriously over here and only recently have we been upping our game and the voting system has been made fairer we are starting to see results.

People in this country are really up themselves and are all like OMG it's so cheesy and look down on it - and yes it is to some extent but the rest of Europe take great pride in representing their country. The perfect song should be able to speak in many different languages and be relatable to so many different people - and that's what the song contest is all about. Granted it does draw from lots of popular influences nowadays, and today's winner is the exception (I can't see how this song won, I may not have liked previous entries but I could understand how they were appealing - Lena for example).

Yes it is slightly political, and we always throw our toys out of the pram when other don't like us but in reality what we couldn't take for years is sending crock of ****s like Scooch, Jemini and Daz Sampson and patronising the other countries with our so-called take on Europop when in reality we were actually JUST ****.

/my two cents

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Luceria)
    Azerbaijan was crap. So predictable, yet pathetic. Sweden should have won.
    They would have really made a proper Eurovision show as well.
    No way the Swedish song was awful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roe5745)
    No way the Swedish song was awful
    I'm not a big fan. But it was better than Azerbaijan, in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Moldova should have won this!

ReputationRep:
    oh wow....Greece beat Azerbaijan in the first semi!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dumdedoobie)
    Moldova should have won this!
    Yes!

ReputationRep:
    *******s, Italy was brilliant. Great lounge tune, really enjoyed that.
    Finland was pathetic dreck. Sweden was just... Ouch. Hungary had a good eurotrash tune. Blue were decent. Jedward had the most impressive show.
    But how. the. ****! did Azerbaijan win??? Insipid ****e, completely boring tune. Ohh, they were romantic on stage, I'll vote for them! Feck off!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    STFU n00b.
    Dislike.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.