Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

NFL talk? Questions about American football? Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just checking back in....

Patriots mauled the Jaguars 47-12, and Tom Brady didn't even play. The Pats are looking seriously good this year.

Also, the Jets lost! HAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHA. HA. HAAAHA. HA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Patriot)
    Just checking back in....

Patriots mauled the Jaguars 47-12, and Tom Brady didn't even play. The Pats are looking seriously good this year.

Also, the Jets lost! HAHAHAHAHA. HAHAHA. HA. HAAAHA. HA.
    1) It's preseason.

2) The Pats went 0-4 in the preseason the year they went 18-1... Just saying :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Look out for Dezmon Briscoe this season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbag1)
    1) It's preseason.

2) The Pats went 0-4 in the preseason the year they went 18-1... Just saying :rolleyes:
    1) I'm aware.

2) Actually, we went 2-2. We lost to the Buccaneers by 3 points, and to Tennessee by 3 points. We beat the Panthers 24-7 and the Giants 27 - 20.

Besides, it's not necessarily the result that matters, remembering that the second teamers play the second half of the game and can end up blowing it (the Pats didn't have that much depth that year to be honest). When our starters were on the field, we looked very solid. And besides, part of what I said was based on paper. Becaus the pats look freaking ace on paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tbag1)
    1) It's preseason.

And the lions went 4-0 in preseason in 2008. we all know what happened then...

Wish I'd played some ball at Uni-always was doing too many other sports!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WharfedaleTiger)
    And the lions went 4-0 in preseason in 2008. we all know what happened then...

Wish I'd played some ball at Uni-always was doing too many other sports!
    Wait, that was the analogy I meant to use! Crap, wrong one! haha!

Spose it is still nice to see rivals lose

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Look out for Dezmon Briscoe this season.
    the nfc south is gonna be crazy this year, tampa are destined for great things.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgegabriel)
    Such a young squad as well, I'm tipping them to win the Bowl again within the next 3 years.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcusmerehay)
    Such a young squad as well, I'm tipping them to win the Bowl again within the next 3 years.
    it may sound crazy but i agree, i think that in the next few years we'll be looking at teams like the rams, the lions, tampa bay and (hopefully)seattle as playoff teams

ReputationRep:
    Well thats the nature of the NFL and the theory behind the draft. By letting the crappy teams choose first, over the years they will gain enough talent to be back on top. It's a cycle nearly every team goes through.

Anyone going to the NFL in Wembley? I wanted to get Club Wembley tickets with hospitality and everything but no one else wanted to :mad:

(Original post by Tokyoround)
      Anyone going to the NFL in Wembley?
      I registered my interest... I went for two tickets but turns out I only need one now hopefully when the time comes I can change it to one

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tehFrance)
      I registered my interest... I went for two tickets but turns out I only need one now hopefully when the time comes I can change it to one
      Yeah registering interest doesn't mean you're committing to buying, I registered for like 6 tickets last year, ended up not wanting to go and just ignored any further emails. You should be able to choose whether you want one or two

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by tehFrance)
      you don't have to buy the amount of tickets you registered interest in

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by georgegabriel)
      Having watched the first quarter of tonight's game, I hope they get better in a hurry...
      • Political Ambassador
      • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
      I have hedgeman in the first round :holmes:

ReputationRep:
      Lol @ Michael Vick

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Baltimoron)
      Lol @ Michael Vick
      It was a beautiful tackle though. Came out of nowhere and let out the anger of a **** game all over Polamalu's ankles.

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Blaah Blaah)
      It was a beautiful tackle though. Came out of nowhere and let out the anger of a **** game all over Polamalu's ankles.
      would've been funny if he got injured.
      wonder how good mike kafka is

ReputationRep:
      Who the **** is Mike Kafka lolol

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by RabbitCFH)
      Who the **** is Mike Kafka lolol
      Great great grandson of Franz!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.