Doctor Who - Discussion Thread II Watch

This discussion is closed.
boba
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LastLordofTime)
The following teaser for The Doctor's Wife has gotten me all excited. Well, more excited.

Spoiler:
Show
There’s a few nods to the first series’ finale which might give fresh insight of the final moments on Satellite Five.

:awesome: :teeth: :drool:
really wow never expected there to be mentioned again.

edit: I realise this sounds slightly sarcastic, but its not
spacepirate-James
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The following teaser for The Doctor's Wife has gotten me all excited. Well, more excited.

Spoiler:
Show
There’s a few nods to the first series’ finale which might give fresh insight of the final moments on Satellite Five.

:teeth:

I really liked the whole satellite five series arc.

:teeth:
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oooh. I think I might have come across something important:
Spoiler:
Show
In Forest of the Dead, when Donna has been saved and is in the other world, time passes like a dream. For example, she thinks "I'm tired" and suddenly she's in bed. She receives a letter to meet someone at a certain time the next day and suddenly, she's there. That seems very similar to how Amy's time passed with the Silence (she thought she'd only just got there but she'd actually been there many days).

Both episodes were written by the same guy, both involved River Song. They seem too close to be a coincidence.

EDIT: And again, the little girl, CAL, is lying on the floor in her living room (or in the library's data core, whichever you like to call it) and she says: "help me, please help me."

EDIT 2: And at the end of that episode we hear River Song saying: "When you run with the Doctor it feels like it will never end; but however hard you try, you can't run forever. Everybody knows that everybody dies, and nobody knows it like the Doctor." Huge allusion to episode 1 of this series, "I've been running."

EDIT 3: Right at the end, when River is putting her children to bed, her daughter looks ever so much like space suit girl. And there's an awful lot of mentioning of dreams.

I think this season 4 episode could be quite important.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Spoiler:
Show

I cannot believe how well they plan these things. We're talking about 2 doctors ago here! Gonna have to watch Android Ann Robinson all over again, aren't I?
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think it may be something to do with what happened after satellite 5. Since it was pretty much abandoned after the series? Maybe it washed up in the junkyard?
SirMasterKey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ape Gone Insane)
I think it's to do with a line said by Rose and the whole absorbing the Time Vortex.
Spoiler:
Show
Idris has it inside her or something?
spacepirate-James
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OH YEAH. She absorbed Idris. Kinky. :sexface:
Colonel.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's getting really hard to avoid spoilers
Lantana
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Colonel.)
It's getting really hard to avoid spoilers
:sadnod: But at least it's not long till it shows
TulipFields
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NaturalDisaster)
You have a TARDIS blue room?! I love you!!! I want to paint the TARDIS on my bedroom door, and then I'll be like "It's bigger on the inside" but I'm moving out in a year so it's quite pointless. Plus my parents suck and would never agree. But my children will have Doctor Who mercilessly shoved down their throats. They will be forced to appreciate the awesomness of David Tennant and John Simm. And all the other brilliant people in Doctor Who.

Doctor Who keeps popping up in my head (Pop-up blockers, not very effective against Time Lords) so I can't revise either. I've decided that if I'm still in love with Doctor Who in four years time then I will definitely get a tattoo of the TARDIS 2015. It'll be the anniversary of the regeneration of Dr Who, thanks to RTD.
So would mine :laugh: I don't lik like blue colour all that much, but a tardis on the door sounds great!
My mum is so annoying - she said my little Tardis model is "rubbish thats lying around". How dare she!!!! :mad:
LastLordofTime
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
10 teasers for The Doctor's Wife that I don't think have been posted? (From Digital Spy). Thoughts in bold.

Spoiler:
Show
We learn all about a previously unmentioned Time Lord, the Corsair. THE Corsair? But Corsair sounds way better by itself :| Well, Corsairs were French Privateers/Pirates who were told by the French government to steal stuff from their enemies during wartime. Relevance? Well, it could be behind this whole thing? Stealing a TARDIS and all.
“I’ve just had a new idea about kissing!”
The Doctor doesn’t always get where he wants to go, but he always ends up where he needs to be.Probably because The TARDIS manipulates his journeys, as I've suspected.
At one point, we see a very different side to Rory. Old Rory?
A very big question about regeneration is finally answered. We're finally getting a canonical answer, that is not just a throwaway "GET OFF MY BACK!" line, about how many regenerations he's got? Or perhaps something about the process itself?
We learn exactly how long the Doctor has been travelling in time and space.
Amy is the “orangey girl” and Rory is the “pretty one”. But Rory has always been the pretty one.
Think you’re safe inside the Tardis? Think again!
“Did you wish really hard?”
Idris has a very important message for the Doctor. I hope it's not along the lines of "Your song will end soon"...
TheCrackInTime
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thread for The Doctor's Wife is now open.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=1637393
Yoghurt
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I just got an email from a friend saying that they're filming a scene for Dr Who on a neighbour's roof! :eek: How cool!
Becka-la
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yoghurt)
I just got an email from a friend saying that they're filming a scene for Dr Who on a neighbour's roof! :eek: How cool!
AWESOME! Can they take pictures of the filming and post it??
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Becka-la)
AWESOME! Can they take pictures of the filming and post it??
If I can get down there I will.
sleekchic
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Yoghurt)
I thought they had already finished filming for the series?
Yoghurt
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sleekchic)
I thought they had already finished filming for the series?
That's what I thought, but seems an odd thing for him to make up if it's not true :confused:
LastLordofTime
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, I thought they announced that they had finished location shoots. Unless they had to do some reshoots with a different location.
NaturalDisaster
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TulipFields)
So would mine :laugh: I don't lik like blue colour all that much, but a tardis on the door sounds great!
My mum is so annoying - she said my little Tardis model is "rubbish thats lying around". How dare she!!!! :mad:
Mine disapprovingly remarked that I'm obsessed with it. But I don't care. Will also dye my hair TARDIS blue one day for laughs. Dyed it blue once before but it wasn't the same. Doctor Who is amazing.

More lovely crazy videos.
Tasneemo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by NaturalDisaster)
You have a TARDIS blue room?! I love you!!! I want to paint the TARDIS on my bedroom door, and then I'll be like "It's bigger on the inside" but I'm moving out in a year so it's quite pointless. Plus my parents suck and would never agree. But my children will have Doctor Who mercilessly shoved down their throats. They will be forced to appreciate the awesomness of David Tennant and John Simm. And all the other brilliant people in Doctor Who.

Doctor Who keeps popping up in my head (Pop-up blockers, not very effective against Time Lords) so I can't revise either. I've decided that if I'm still in love with Doctor Who in four years time then I will definitely get a tattoo of the TARDIS 2015. It'll be the anniversary of the regeneration of Dr Who, thanks to RTD.
My room is smaller on the inside, bigger on the outside, so naturally I chose to paint my room TARDIS blue I persuaded my mum cause my room is the SIZE OF A BOX and not even a very big box :/ So it may seem like my room feels even smaller and claustrophobic than before, but it's all alright cause everything else is white

And David Tennant = always my doctor <3

And a tattoo of the TARDIS?!?!?!! major jealousy right now, but I always figured if I got a tattoo, it would be the deathly hallows symbol. Obvious, but it's been too great a deal in my life to not have it permenantly imprinted in my skin
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (546)
37.73%
No - but I will (113)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (100)
6.91%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (688)
47.55%

Watched Threads