Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

OCR Biology F212 Revision [3rd June 2013] (Now Closed) Watch

• View Poll Results: How did you feel the F212 exam went?
    Awesome
    9.46%
    Good
    33.78%
    Okay
    35.81%
    Bad
    10.81%
    Rubbish
    5.41%
    Not Sure
    4.73%

ReputationRep:
    for the phagocytosis question loads of girls talked about clonal expansion and selection, that cant be right can it even the teacher supported there answer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zaijafri)
    for the phagocytosis question loads of girls talked about clonal expansion and selection, that cant be right can it even the teacher supported there answer.
    I think you could speak about both. It's hard to get 7 marks talking about phagocytosis alone, especially when they've given you the first stage. So yes, I do think it's right, but I also think talking about phagocytosis is right.

Sometimes you just have to employ a bit of common sense, you know about anti-gen presentation and you know about phagocytosis, the only difference is at the end of phagocytosis the harmless products of digestion are absorbed and at the end of anti-gen presentation the antigens are used to form an anti gen presenting cell. But they both have the same first stages and the question asked you what happened after the first stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Liamnut)
    I think you could speak about both. It's hard to get 7 marks talking about phagocytosis alone, especially when they've given you the first stage. So yes, I do think it's right, but I also think talking about phagocytosis is right.

Sometimes you just have to employ a bit of common sense, you know about anti-gen presentation and you know about phagocytosis, the only difference is at the end of phagocytosis the harmless products of digestion are absorbed and at the end of anti-gen presentation the antigens are used to form an anti gen presenting cell. But they both have the same first stages and the question asked you what happened after the first stage.
    How many marks, if any would I get for this, this was my exact answer, thanks

Pathogen engulfed by macrophage cells from the immune system
    Removal of antigens from pathogens
    Antigens presented on surface of engulfing cells
    They then find the lymphocytes that can neutralise the particular antigen
    Selection of correct T killer cells and T helper cells
    Reproduction of T killer cells
    T killer cells search for infected cells
    T killer cells attach to infected cells
    T killer cells secrete toxic substances (hydrogen peroxide) into
    infected cells to kill the cell and the pathogens it contains

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student296)
    How many marks, if any would I get for this, this was my exact answer, thanks

Pathogen engulfed by macrophage cells from the immune system
    Removal of antigens from pathogens
    Antigens presented on surface of engulfing cells
    They then find the lymphocytes that can neutralise the particular antigen
    Selection of correct T killer cells and T helper cells
    Reproduction of T killer cells
    T killer cells search for infected cells
    T killer cells attach to infected cells
    T killer cells secrete toxic substances (hydrogen peroxide) into
    infected cells to kill the cell and the pathogens it contains
    it didnt even ask about that for ****s sakes!!
    it said what happens after a phagocyte attaches to a pathogen-when it attaches to a antibody to attach to the phagocyte.

anything after that will.get you a mark.

why the **** have i even joined tsr if all you people ever do is act like youre right and treat what you wrote as the right answer.

even ur unofficial ms is ****in stupid. my man just thinks hes right so what he says goes. i wish he ****ing fails too

you little ***** think everything is a trick question. open ur fcking eyes and use what u got

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NielsBohrsDad)
    it said what happens after a phagocyte attaches to a pathogen-when it attaches to a antibody to attach to the phagocyte.

why the **** have i even joined tsr if all you people ever do is act like youre right and treat what you wrote as the right answer.

even ur unofficial ms is ****in stupid. my man just thinks hes right so what he says goes. i wish he ****ing fails too

you little ***** think everything is a trick question. open ur fcking eyes and use what u got

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :lolwut:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's because everything is as convoluted and reverse as we make it out to be

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    what? where is the unoffical mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamesmact)
    That's because everything is as convoluted and reverse as we make it out to be

Posted from TSR Mobile
    just as reverse as the direction i give it to your sister in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by griffalo)
    what? where is the unoffical mark scheme?
    griffalo its on the first page of this thread. dont waste your time itl only worry you cos its not a mark scheme. its his answers for the exam

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Williamhodds)
    Damn it; I put secondary structure instead of primary, I thought primary structure was how amino acids bond and secondary was the sequence, only 1 mark I suppose! :cool:
    i put flipping polypeptide chain haha, i always misinterpret the questions! this has happened to all my exams i have sat this past month looool

ReputationRep:

Crackhead

ReputationRep:
    LOL

ReputationRep:
    We had many of the same answers so lets hope that As Biology has gone well!!!
    Best of luck

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Okay thanks v.muxh

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Much* that was cringe worthy haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioGeek)
    NOTE:4 marks are missing!
    Was there a 1 or 2 mark question asking about the function of haemoglobin or did my mind just make that up?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    You're going to fail so ****ing badly. The fact that you can't spell suggests a complete lack of understanding of the English language and thus, discredits anything you say pertaining to comprehensive ability-the question required comprehension.

Did I not clearly highlight the fact that there are two types of phagocytes, macrophages and neutrophils. Macrophages are involved in anti-gen presentation and the first stages of ant-gen presentation are the same as phagocytois.

We did "use what u got", you're just to ****ing blind to see that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student296)
    Was there a 1 or 2 mark question asking about the function of haemoglobin or did my mind just make that up?
    There was, think it was just 1 mark.

ReputationRep:
    Oh! Makes sense...!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The poll is now closed, how do i see the results?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.