Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by almvp)
    still waiting and i did mine on 26th i have been told by them that they are still reviewing apps and will contact us next week at latest
    Fingers-crossed for us all then! Good luck

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laz_LeBaz)
    It was fine. There's a group discussion in front of some partners, which is all very relaxed. Then a competency interview, although the partner used up about 60% of our time talking about football so it was also very relaxed. Then a study interview, which you have 45 minutes to prepare for (you'll only need 30 minutes max in reality). That interview was a bit more challenging as they have set answers that they want to get out of you. If they ask you about taking bribe, say no!
    Hi, do you mind me asking more about ur SM offer? as in are you law/non law, when u interviewed and when u received the offer? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by footchemllab)
    Of course!

I am a bit of a different case. So I already interviewed for the Winter Workshop and got on that, so to apply for a TC I just had to send a letter of intent. They then said they'd sort our interviews out first (not as a preference but because it was faster as they'd already seen us), so this is for the TC and it's a face-to-face interview but I certainly wouldn't worry if you've applied direct because they'll sort them very soon I'm sure
    Thank you! I applied for the Spring workshop so I wasn't sure if they had started looking at applications or not! But good luck for the TC interview! When is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by That Was So Funny!)
    Hi, do you mind me asking more about ur SM offer? as in are you law/non law, when u interviewed and when u received the offer? thanks!
    I'm law. I interviewed around 14 January and got an email two weeks later with an offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TrainingChopeful)
    Thank you! I applied for the Spring workshop so I wasn't sure if they had started looking at applications or not! But good luck for the TC interview! When is it?
    My interview is a week on Monday. The workshop was really good fun and the people at the firm are lovely, so great choice by choosing to apply!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sian.)
    Irwin Mitchell video interview was terrible, had to stop most of them! Does anybody know if you can replay your own video ? Would be an interesting watch!
    Sorry to hear you had a bad experience, sure it isn't as bad as you think! If you don't mind me asking, do you get a practice question before every question and how long do you get to answer, does it automatically cut off? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Fingers-crossed for us all then! Good luck
    Yes, good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    My interview is a week on Monday. The workshop was really good fun and the people at the firm are lovely, so great choice by choosing to apply!
    Thanks :P do they interview you for the workshop? Or are you just given a place based on your application? If I'm successful, do you mind if I message you to find out a bit more about the workshop itself?

I'm sure you'll do great at your interview!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks :P do they interview you for the workshop? Or are you just given a place based on your application? If I'm successful, do you mind if I message you to find out a bit more about the workshop itself?

I'm sure you'll do great at your interview!
    Following the application I had to do a video interview, which was just motivation based. Yep of course you can PM me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NotMikeRoss)
    My efforts so far, mix of winter and summer vac schemes (I forget exactly which is which..!). I'm a final year non-lawyer:

Hogan Lovells - WG test --> Phone interview --> Final assessment day --> Rejection
    CMS Cameron McKenna - WG test done
    Jones Day - Interview --> Waiting for result
    HSF - Tests done, waiting on outcome
    Weil - Waiting
    Skadden - Waiting
    Cleary Gottlieb - They asked for my results transcript..don't know if that's good or bad
    Mishcon de Reya - Video interview --> Assessment day to come probably in the new year
    Travers Smith - Interview booked for in a few days time
    White and Case - Waiting
    DLA Piper - Waiting but they're not rolling so will be a while

If anyone has questions which I might be any help with feel free to ask
    Hi, I recently completed my app for mishcon, but generally wanted to ask what they assessment day consisted of?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you!

Following the application I had to do a video interview, which was just motivation based. Yep of course you can PM me

ReputationRep:
    If a position states "to apply for this vacancy, please submit your CV to......" - do you also need to submit a cover letter? I just wondered as friends of mine tell me different things and I always assumed that you always send a cover letter with your CV.

ReputationRep:
    you can do a practice test on the linklaters website to give you an idea of what its like!

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys i am currently in my second year of english lit and am looking forward to doing a gdl course, however the only work experience i have had is back in 2010 for two weeks. i have sadly missed the deadlines for vac schemes. i don't know wha to do! so stressed. any advice? i am worried because i feel like no one will give me any informal work experience let alone a vac scheme. confidence is pretty low to say the least.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rainbow18)
    Hi guys i am currently in my second year of english lit and am looking forward to doing a gdl course, however the only work experience i have had is back in 2010 for two weeks. i have sadly missed the deadlines for vac schemes. i don't know wha to do! so stressed. any advice? i am worried because i feel like no one will give me any informal work experience let alone a vac scheme. confidence is pretty low to say the least.
    I PM'd you

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Ashurst post-interview?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Well that's it, I'm officially done. I received offers from Jones Day, Allen & Overy, Freshfields, Slaughter and May and Clifford Chance.

I will be on the Slaughter and May Easter scheme and I have opted to accept A&O and Freshfields for summer.

I will be at A&O on the 22 June - 10 July scheme and Freshfields on the 13 July - 31 July scheme.

If anybody here is on any of these schemes, let me know, we could all arrange a meet-up on the schemes. Would be nice to put a face to the usernames!

Good luck with the rest of your applications/interviews everybody.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)
    Well that's it, I'm officially done. I received offers from Jones Day, Allen & Overy, Freshfields, Slaughter and May and Clifford Chance.

I will be on the Slaughter and May Easter scheme and I have opted to accept A&O and Freshfields for summer.

I will be at A&O on the 22 June - 10 July scheme and Freshfields on the 13 July - 31 July scheme.

If anybody here is on any of these schemes, let me know, we could all arrange a meet-up on the schemes. Would be nice to put a face to the usernames!

Fantastic news! Well done

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcrlawstudent)

Congrats! quite a busy Easter and summer for you then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chianti1)
    Fantastic news! Well done
    Congrats! quite a busy Easter and summer for you then
    Thank you both, hopefully many other people from the little community that has developed on this thread will be joining me.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.