Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LilliTabea)
    Congratulations!

When did you apply?
    Thanks! I applied at the end of September, can't remember exactly when. It's undergraduate, by the way.

ReputationRep:
    Graduate or undergraduate? When did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there folks.

I am curious - what's generally "wrong" with all the students who get rejected? Given that you have like A*AA, is it still a lottery? I am just struggling to comprehend how can they reject so many people, assuming most of applicants apply with realistic grades so they have a shot ...

ReputationRep:
    I'm a Chinese-American applicant applying from an international school in China. I'm a predicted 45/45 (with HL's in English, History, and Economics) and I'm applying to International Relations and History.

I really hope I have a shot at LSE and am not discriminated because I'm Asian. I know this may be the case for my US colleges. Is LSE harsh strict towards international students?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drcharisma)
    I'm a Chinese-American applicant applying from an international school in China. I'm a predicted 45/45 (with HL's in English, History, and Economics) and I'm applying to International Relations and History.

I really hope I have a shot at LSE and am not discriminated because I'm Asian. I know this may be the case for my US colleges. Is LSE harsh strict towards international students?
    LSE is the most internationally diverse university in the world, why would they discriminate against you because you are Asian?

ReputationRep:
    congrats!! when does ucas get updated?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

You have a great chance at LSE and you won't be discriminated at all. Stay cool.

ReputationRep:

Buddy with a 45, you are in with an awesome shot. Actually there has been a growing concern that LSE is financially unsustainable, and being a full-tuition international may actually help your cause. Of course, LSE is a world-leading institute up there with Harvard, Oxford, Princeton etc, so no one is really guaranteed a place. Keep that in mind when you get your final decision. However, with a 45, as long as your ps is well written you are in with an above average chance.

ReputationRep:
    What makes a personal statement LSE quality? And would they take people with a better ps over people with higher grades? Eg 95ums+
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneakbo2)
    Has anyone AT ALL gotten an Accounting and Finance offer?
    this is pissing me off now. A and F has square root jack sh!t responses from admissions. Dunno why tbh since i got the xmas email and am currently about to finish my 8 weeks plus xmas 2 weeks as of monday. Doubt i'll hear anything tbh it is pissing me off badly :/

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything for Anthropology or Anthropology and Law?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    this is pissing me off now. A and F has square root jack sh!t responses from admissions. Dunno why tbh since i got the xmas email and am currently about to finish my 8 weeks plus xmas 2 weeks as of monday. Doubt i'll hear anything tbh it is pissing me off badly :/
    It's getting on my nerves too, just have to keep waiting tbh

ReputationRep:
    hi everyone, do u kmow if ucas is updated on thursay evenings or friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    What makes a personal statement LSE quality? And would they take people with a better ps over people with higher grades? Eg 95ums+
    Yes.

ReputationRep:
    They say that LSE sends a bunch of offers on Thursdays and and some rejections on friday...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyawke)
    They say that LSE sends a bunch of offers on Thursdays and and some rejections on friday...
    So no offer today = rejection tomorrow?

ReputationRep:
    W
    (Original post by beardedlondoner)
    hi everyone, do u kmow if ucas is updated on thursay evenings or friday?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Just got an email about the April open day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by avar)
    So no offer today = rejection tomorrow?
    Or no offer today, no rejection tomorrow and you will see next week...

ReputationRep:
    Is it only Thursday that they give out offers or Fridays as well? (Somebody said earlier that they take it in turns per week so one week offers and the next week rejects?)

ReputationRep:
    Who else is going to the offer holders' day on the 15th April?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.