Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I am just hoping I get offers from Warwick,Bristol and Nottingham.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    I am just hoping I get offers from Warwick,Bristol and Nottingham.
    Are those your top 3? If you got all three which do you think you'd firm?

ReputationRep:
    got AAB offers for BSc Economics at Sheffield and Cardiff!! Has anybody else also applied to these uni's?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayology97)
    got AAB offers for BSc Economics at Sheffield and Cardiff!! Has anybody else also applied to these uni's?
    Congratulations! What are your other 3 choices?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Got an offer from Royal Holloway and awaiting decisions from Leicester and Sussex

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Got an offer from Royal Holloway and awaiting decisions from Leicester and Sussex
    Ooh which one would you like to firm?

ReputationRep:
    My firm decision is torn between Sheffield and Cardiff (need a lot of help deciding), my insurance is between Leicester and Sussex providing they give me offers (fingers crossed)!

ReputationRep:
    My firm decision is torn between Sheffield and Cardiff (need a lot of help deciding), my insurance is between Leicester and Sussex providing they give me offers (fingers crossed)!
    Oooh very nice, well I've only ever actually been to Cardiff and I have to say it's a really nice city

ReputationRep:
    Torn between Bath and Bristol to firm atm , however an offer from UCL/ LSE of course will be a no brainer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Are those your top 3? If you got all three which do you think you'd firm?
    Yep they are!I'd say all of them are tempting!I'd say Bristol!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skill Twix)
    Yep they are!I'd say all of them are tempting!I'd say Bristol!
    Oooh Bristol is a lovely city

ReputationRep:
    i applied Sheffield and Leicester for BA economics

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NinjaPandaa)
    Oooh Bristol is a lovely city
    The chances are quite slim but I am still keeping my hopes high!Who knows?
    Their course looks good too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazza ma razza)
    Exactly! I aim to do IB for 2 years and then leave to go for CFA qualification whilst working at a hedgefund / Private Equity firm.... Assuming i get a place at an IB... and Assuming i get a 1st Class Hon BSC... also Assuming i get a sick SW / summer Week... hahaha
    Exactly, a lot of people dissing ib -> it looks v good on a cv and is an obvious entry into the city whereby there is room in the heirachy for a career and many promotions or a switch to a different part of the city. Good luck, which unis did you apply to?

People who moan about London being expensive is bizarre, I too am very wary about London prices but seeing as all the best jobs are in London anyway, everyone will be experiencing these prices at one point in time or another -> plus you can get by cheaply if you are sensible with your spending and don't buy coffee/food etc right outside the touristy bits

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Exactly, a lot of people dissing ib -> it looks v good on a cv and is an obvious entry into the city whereby there is room in the heirachy for a career and many promotions or a switch to a different part of the city. Good luck, which unis did you apply to?

People who moan about London being expensive is bizarre, I too am very wary about London prices but seeing as all the best jobs are in London anyway, everyone will be experiencing these prices at one point in time or another -> plus you can get by cheaply if you are sensible with your spending and don't buy coffee/food etc right outside the touristy bits
    True, you don't need to be well off to study in London, a lot of people are swayed away from studying there because of that. You will get additional financial help from the gov if you are in a low income bracket for studying in London. Not to mention bursaries from the university itself.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

It's not just London being expensive that's an issue for me, I'd say imo the place would be too big for me as a student and there would be so many distractions that I wouldn't have in other cities

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:

Yh, it is the easiest way to get experience; tho it is an illogical long term career plan as it is in decline! I applied for 2 courses - Economics then Accounting + Finance ( I got AAAB at AS, A in maths, further maths and german, B economics, predicted A*AAA respectively) with Economics at UCL and Nottingham, A and F at LSE, Warwick, Bath. Most people get a job in the area they get their degree from so it is a kinda no brainer - get a london degree! What about you - where did you apply?

ReputationRep:
    Yh, it is the easiest way to get experience; tho it is an illogical long term career plan as it is in decline! I applied for 2 courses - Economics then Accounting + Finance ( I got AAAB at AS, A in maths, further maths and german, B economics, predicted A*AAA respectively) with Economics at UCL and Nottingham, A and F at LSE, Warwick, Bath. Most people get a job in the area they get their degree from so it is a kinda no brainer - get a london degree! What about you - where did you apply?
    How did you structure your personal statement if you applied for two different (albeit similar) courses? Did you get any offers?

I also wanted to do that but I thought you couldn't so..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've never been to Sheffield but I live in Cardiff and believe me, if you're fussed on living somewhere with a good night life then Cardiff is an amazing place to be

ReputationRep:
    fair mate!! I applied for straight econ at Cambridge, lse, ucl & Exeter and econ and industrial organisation at warwick (got AAAA at AS in maths, f maths, history and econ, predicted 4 A*s) totally agree with you about London aswell!! just think it'll be fun for social life and all about an interesting city job getting p

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.