The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TornadoGR4
Amigos.

If a man identifies as gay but then marries a woman & has children through sexual intercourse can they still identity as gay?

yes.

Your sexual identity is not nessasarily defined by your actions... in the same way that a person can be straight, without ever having slept with a women. What you said is just a more extreme example, but it is certianly possible that someone could be gay, yet go along with a straight life because of a number of reasons.. maybe they thoguht it would please their family, or society etc.

Horrible situation for both the husband/wife and the kids though to be in..
Original post by fallen_acorns
yes.

Your sexual identity is not nessasarily defined by your actions... in the same way that a person can be straight, without ever having slept with a women. What you said is just a more extreme example, but it is certianly possible that someone could be gay, yet go along with a straight life because of a number of reasons.. maybe they thoguht it would please their family, or society etc.

I see

This guy in question openly identified as gay, then married a woman & had kids whilst still identifying as gay, I can't really get my head round that
yes.

Tbh is it really a bad thing? Say you are only sexually attracted to Men, but have a strong emotional bond with a woman that doesn't lead to sex, but dependence?
I see

This guy in question openly identified as gay, then married a woman & had kids whilst still identifying as gay, I can't really get my head round that

guy sounds like an ******* to be honest.

If you know your gay, and yet marry a women anyway.. presumably knowign your not actually really atracted to her.. thats just way out of line, and a really dickish thing to do
Original post by AR_95
Tbh is it really a bad thing? Say you are only sexually attracted to Men, but have a strong emotional bond with a woman that doesn't lead to sex, but dependence?

if the women is also satisfied with that, then sure, it could be ok..

But I would guess 9/10 times it would end in a very unsatisfying relationship, and deteriorate at one point, as both halves are not getting 100% of what they want
guy sounds like an ******* to be honest.

If you know your gay, and yet marry a women anyway.. presumably knowign your not actually really atracted to her.. thats just way out of line, and a really dickish thing to do

It was a show on TV called 'My Husband is Gay', he was probably playing up for the cameras
Amigos.

If a man identifies as gay but then marries a woman & has children through sexual intercourse can they still identity as gay?
People are what they are, their actions don't define their sexuality. Plenty of gay men for years have got married and had kids. You telling me that all these Arab men are all straight? Of course not, they just have the kids and the wife because its expected, its an easy life.
Original post by Fizzel
People are what they are, their actions don't define their sexuality. Plenty of gay men for years have got married and had kids. You telling me that all these Arab men are all straight? Of course not, they just have the kids and the wife because its expected, its an easy life.

If they were gay why would they marry & have sex with a woman? (For kids)

I appreciate it's a very broad spectrum, it's not black & white & you can't shoehorn people into catergories that don't fit right etc. I just think that if a gay person willingly marries a woman and has kids with her (through no societal or family pressure) then that makes them not gay? I don't know, I'm a simple guy really
If they were gay why would they marry & have sex with a woman? (For kids)
Religious reasons or social reasons I would imagine. Being gay isn't exactly a straight forward road, either socially or religiously. Some people wrestle with the fact they are gay, and convince themselves its not wrong if they don't act on it or some rubbish. In the US they have camps and stuff to teach people to pray the gay away.

I appreciate it's a very broad spectrum, it's not black & white & you can't shoehorn people into catergories that don't fit right etc. I just think that if a gay person willingly marries a woman and has kids with her (through no societal or family pressure) then that makes them not gay? I don't know, I'm a simple guy really
So for you the only thing that makes you straight is the fact you are going to chose to marry a woman?

Its about attraction, you know who you are attracted to, that is your sexuality. If he's attracted to men and not women he's gay. He can bang as many women as he likes, marry them, have kids. Ultimately the fact he's attracted to men will remain.
Original post by AR_95
Read above..

What a shame...he was such a darling :frown: anyway..

Original post by Kenan and Kel
Can't stand Kay Burley.

Paxman about to slaughter Ed :frown:

I stopped liking Kay Burley ever since the whole Royal baby fiasco, woman wouldn't shut up about it.

--------
Paxman is right wing, understandably he's gonna go in harder when it comes to Ed. But what an idiot tonight though, personal insults weren't really called for tbh. I remember when David lost the Labour leadership position, I was so pissed off. And that was wrong, clearly I was following the majority and going for who would 'look' like the better leader, now that Ed's in charge, people need to look past his so called 'looks and personality' and just back the guy for Christ sake.
would you get in a ring with Mike Tyson at his current age for one round for a million pounds?

the option to take a dive is not available at anytime.
No
Original post by swirly
would you get in a ring with Mike Tyson at his current age for one round for a million pounds?

so basically would I get knocked out for a million pounds?

yeah.. I think so.

Been knocked out before in rugby games.. did not get paid a million pounds.. was not that bad.

Think I could stomach a beating for being able to set my wife and I up with a great life in return..

(Ofcourse there is the risk of more serrious injury)
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by swirly

Yes why not. Some people get knocked out everyday and then get robbed too.
Original post by swirly

Obviously.
You would 99.9% likely get brain damage, and I would say 50/50 chance of death.
Original post by Depleted
You would 99.9% likely get brain damage, and I would say 50/50 chance of death.

kidney damage too, broken shoulders as he used to like to attempt on people who tie up, loss of hearing etc.

idk man.

3 minutes is a long time too.
Original post by swirly
kidney damage too, broken shoulders as he used to like to attempt on people who tie up, loss of hearing etc.

idk man.

3 minutes is a long time too.

It's not worth it to be honest. Not like a million is gonna lead to a huge lavish life per se (I.e you'll blow it all on a luxury house).
what about Amir Khan at his current age.

guys like 140lbs.

Latest