Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I just got a request from Queen Mary's, York and Nottingham to prove my grades (I'm an international student). Does that mean they're considering the offer?

Has anyone received an offer from Newcastle University for Biomedical Science because I have been waiting since November?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by majiasop)
    I just got a request from Queen Mary's, York and Nottingham to prove my grades (I'm an international student). Does that mean they're considering the offer?
    It means they won't even start to asses your application until you provide the info they have asked for.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied back in october for medicine with a foundation year at Southampton but I haven't heard from them yet but I know they have been sending offers for the standard medicine course and other courses!! I'm so scared, it's my first choice

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard back from glasgow caledonian yet?

I just received an offer from Middlesex University yesterday and I applied in November. Still waiting for Newcastle and Aberdeen.

ReputationRep:
    Still waiting for offers from Oxford brookes (publishing media with english literature) over a month later!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ABalogun)
    I just received an offer from Middlesex University yesterday and I applied in November. Still waiting for Newcastle and Aberdeen.
    what was ther course u applied for middlesex??

(Original post by jamespereira98)
    what was ther course u applied for middlesex??
    Biomedical Science

ReputationRep:
    Biomedical Science
    ahh ok Middlesex University is a great uni and It is always improving

(Original post by jamespereira98)
    ahh ok Middlesex University is a great uni and It is always improving
    Did you apply there?

ReputationRep:
    Did you apply there?
    Yes! And I talked with a lot of students who study there and they love it! The teachers are great, the campus itself is one of the biggest and greatest in UK (they are always improving it... right now they are building a new building) - and the buildings are like a mixture between modern and old which is beautiful! Also, the campus is in London and it is just 15 minutes away from the central London... So, besides the hard study, you can also relax and have fun in one of the best cities in the world.. The fact that the uni is located in London is also really good because they have partnership with several companies and research institutes in London... Moreover, all the uni facilities are some of the best in the UK, I bet... It's rare not to find a room there full of MAC's and all the resources you need...The only reason why the uni is not better ranked is because of the entry standards - they accept a lot of student with different backgrounds (even those whose grades are not so good) because for them every motivated human being deserves an opportunity to study!This is the information I colected.. Also, for your course specifically I think they have also fantastic laboratories and science facilities and the teachers are also good I hope this help u... cheers

Thanks! This was very helpful.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    University of Westminster was pretty fast for me!
    Still waiting for Kent & RHUL

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, can someone help me on which uni is better, im in need of some serious advice and havent got any replies to my thread yet
    Im trying to pick between Royal Holloway and Reading!

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=3865123
    thanks

ReputationRep:
    Late application...submitted few days ago...recently got conditional offer from Durham ( Bsc Finance )...any chances to be upgraded to unconditional offer?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by patrick9700)
    Late application...submitted few days ago...recently got conditional offer from Durham ( Bsc Finance )...any chances to be upgraded to unconditional offer?
    What are your conditions and why do you think they would ignore them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Cheeretal)
    University of Westminster was pretty fast for me!
    Still waiting for Kent & RHUL
    Just seen your post elsewhere. Drop me a PM with your UCAS ID and full name, and I'll check the status of your application

Camilla

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    What are your conditions and why do you think they would ignore them?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I am an international student doing the University of London International Foundation Programme, final exam during April. My forecast result submitted was 4A ( overall distinction). In the con. offer they requested IELTS which I have not done it ( perhaps my local high school English test - Cambridge 1119 English Syllabus could be sent to argue as it is well-recognised by most UK unis for undergraduate admission.

I am curious about the chances of being upgraded to uncon. offer. Heard of some uni. provided the condition to place the offer as first choice secured offer. Is that true?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by patrick9700)
    I am an international student doing the University of London International Foundation Programme, final exam during April. My forecast result submitted was 4A ( overall distinction). In the con. offer they requested IELTS which I have not done it ( perhaps my local high school English test - Cambridge 1119 English Syllabus could be sent to argue as it is well-recognised by most UK unis for undergraduate admission.

I am curious about the chances of being upgraded to uncon. offer. Heard of some uni. provided the condition to place the offer as first choice secured offer. Is that true?
    Not Durham (afaik), and certainly not unless they had told you it was an option when they gave you the offer.

You would need to check with them regarding the Englisg language requirement.

And presumably their offer is also conditional on you achieving a certain result in your Foundation Program. As that result will be known (in April) before the deadline for confirming your choices (5th May) then if your English is ok it might be worth delaying accepting the offer until after those results, at which point it would basically become unconditional...

Do you have other offers to consider?

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.