Turn on thread page Beta

HMRC Tax Professional and Operational Delivery Higher Officer Caseworker watch

ReputationRep:
    Hiya everyone,
    I havent had chance to read every comment so if I rehash anything im sorry!
    I applied for the customer consultant role in Cardiff, the 400 odd posts one and im just wondering if anybody has heard anything recently?
    Was given a provisional offer in September which I accepted obvs and then silence... until I emailed them last week. I asked when id be likely to hear something and got a reply that they had just received my checks and i'd be hearing back 'shortly' but how short is shortly??? Feel like my life is on hold waiting for this outcome! If anyone has any info would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    i have just accepted my formal offer, without any indication where i will be based. I put down London, Birmingham and Bristol im presuming i got my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sac14)
    My status has just been updated to formal offer but I haven't received an email
    You can rest easy well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gajman1987)
    i have just accepted my formal offer, without any indication where i will be based. I put down London, Birmingham and Bristol im presuming i got my first choice
    I am still waiting for my status to be updated.....cant see any movement at the moment,

when did the status change?

ReputationRep:
    When did you get a formal offer and was this via email?? Is this for 1320/16? And do you have a start date?? Congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki7866)
    I am still waiting for my status to be updated.....cant see any movement at the moment,

when did the status change?
    It won't be changed to formal offer until you've had a call to let you know which dept your working in.... or it shouldn't be changed anyway until then but given this process there is no method among the madness.

ReputationRep:
    Quick update guys, my account has changed to formal offer without an email and have just accepted it.

This was for the O band role in London, there's no indication on start date and location as of yet.

Check your status guys! Did anyone choose alternative working pattern?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    It won't be changed to formal offer until you've had a call to let you know which dept your working in.... or it shouldn't be changed anyway until then but given this process there is no method among the madness.
    Iv not really received a call as of yet....so not even sure what is happening with that....

im hoping to just get it out of the way and get some sort of progress. I am happy to remain within VAT.

ReputationRep:
    woke up this morning, checked my status in the application centre and it said formal offer and to proceed press next stage to accept.
    Formal offerYou've accepted this job offer.

We'll contact you concerning your provisional start date.

ReputationRep:
    woke up this morning, checked my status in the application centre and it said formal offer and to proceed press next stage to accept.

Great news! Would you guys think it's ok to hand in your notice today after accepting the formal offer in the application centre even though you haven;t received an email yet. I want to hand my notice in as soon as possible!

ReputationRep:

Same! No email or call, or no indication where i'll be based or when i'll start

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by memoryfish)
    Im guessing you'd know which department you're going to on work in before the formal offer in previous campaigns but since this one is a mess I've received my formal not knowing the department nor location. How can they ask me to accept a job not knowing where I'll work and in what dept? Nonetheless I had to accept it to get a bloody move on!

ReputationRep:
    Formal offer over here too. Does anyone know for previous campaign, how far away is the provisional starting date from the email informing about it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kimmyknx)
    Formal offer over here too. Does anyone know for previous campaign, how far away is the provisional starting date from the email informing about it?
    I emailed them querying this and they said you will be given at least 4 weeks until your start date. But maybe people that have said they can start immediately are receiving offers and start dates sooner??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by slc2710)
    Same! No email or call, or no indication where i'll be based or when i'll start
    Which job reference number and which location?

Normally 1 month but I've seen them up to 7 weeks.

ReputationRep:
    i think a start date will be in the 1st week of December as the guy who called about my notice period did say that HMRC will offer u a start date after four weeks of accepting your formal offer

ReputationRep:
    any idea on the locations?

anyone from bham has a formal offer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki7866)
    any idea on the locations?

anyone from bham has a formal offer?
    MCR.

ReputationRep:
    MCR.
    Which job reference and which department did you get?

We might be working together then

ReputationRep:
    I think the formal offers maybe for 1321.... anyone heard anything for 1320?

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Featured recruiter profiles:

HM Treasury logo

Policy adviser grad scheme

"Shape the UK’s future and your skills."

Quick link:

Unanswered public sector threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.