Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Was this in doubt?
    Its obviously very unlikely however its is entirely possible
    " Bad things happen when good people do nothing" comes to mind ...
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by hazzer1998)
    Do you believe in a strong military and trident ?
    Covered trident, I belive that a military who is constantly alert and ready to go is a very good thing. Mainly because of jobs but also because I belive we shoudl always be ready to go to war at a moments notice. However I will always support negotiations before war and I do belive that war for the most part is stupid and pointless. War is only justified when you are being oppressed.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Covered trident, I belive that a military who is constantly alert and ready to go is a very good thing. Mainly because of jobs but also because I belive we shoudl always be ready to go to war at a moments notice. However I will always support negotiations before war and I do belive that war for the most part is stupid and pointless. War is only justified when you are being oppressed.
    I'm Speechless ...... 30th April 2016 12:30 PM the day I pretty much agreed with a full sentence Aph Said ........ Apart from negotiation and oppressed
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cranbrook_aspie)
    *throws politics textbook at James*
    Gove is bae.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Lime-man)
    Gove is bae.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Basically all evil?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    fudge off Ken.

A blarite conspiracy?

On yer bike son.
    oh come on, it's pretty damn obvious.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by cBay)
    oh come on, it's pretty damn obvious.
    Of course the right of the party are going to be the first to be critical, but conspiracy is a bit far. In addition, it's not just the moderate wing who have accepted that there's a crisis within the party, all bar-Corbyn everyone has accepted it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EricAteYou)
    Of course the right of the party are going to be the first to be critical, but conspiracy is a bit far. In addition, it's not just the moderate wing who have accepted that there's a crisis within the party, all bar-Corbyn everyone has accepted it.
    The blairites are foaming at the mouth at any opportunity to try and bring Corbyn down. Just before elections? Even better! Many of them would prefer a tory government to a corbyn one.

I'm not convinced there is a crisis, one or two people saying stupid things (that weren't even antisemitic anyway) doesn't equate to a crisis. But then I'm not particularly involved with the Labour Party so I suppose it's not for me to say whether there is a widespread problem at grassroots. There is of course going to be people (usually lacking basic intelligence) who conflate the actions of Israel with Jews in general, just as there are those who conflate the actions of ISIS and Saudi Arabia with Muslims in general. Idiots like that tend to be right wing though. If there are many of that type of person in Labour then yes there's a crisis, but again if it's just one or two people then it's a total overreaction.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Aph)
    Basically all evil?
    No.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Looks like Ken Livingstone may have found an unusual ally in Nick Griffin.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Looks like Ken Livingstone may have found an unusual ally in Nick Griffin.
    Lol

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    I. Surprised none of the rabid europhiles that trot out more *******s than the government have yet posted in UK politics on Nnews and current affairs about how the EU has held up lowering roaming charges by a few years

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Now I know how all the crappy Lancastrians felt this time last year. Well, not really, they were losing about 150-50 at this point, not 113-85, and that's with the home field advantage and setting the events and points in a way that benefits the host. Nothing new though, York comfortably winning at home and Lancaster only just winning (or losing) at home.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly did not leave the house today expecting to have transphobic and homophobic language hurled at me on a bus

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kay_Winters)
    Honestly did not leave the house today expecting to have transphobic and homophobic language hurled at me on a bus
    I feel for you. I've been getting such abuse since I was a child. I've had death threats, slurs, discrimination, you name it and I've had it.

If you need support with anything, then feel free to PM me whenever. :hugs:
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    **** happens a lot.

#stubbleandstockings

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Wiki Support Team
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Wiki Support Team
    Political Ambassador
    PS Reviewer
    :hugs: Having had trouble from a few people in the local community in the past (including having had abuse shouted at me and my family), I know how you feel. All I can say is that if they're strangers, ignore them, they don't know who you are and the amazing person that you are and you'll probably never see them again. If you do know them, ignore them. I can assure you that it does get better and you will get through this.

My main advice, never stop being who you are and doing what makes you happy - ignore the haters and focus on your happiness.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whiggy)
    I feel for you. I've been getting such abuse since I was a child. I've had death threats, slurs, discrimination, you name it and I've had it.

If you need support with anything, then feel free to PM me whenever. :hugs:
    Thanks, just was so out of the blue, but yeah ty

**** happens a lot.

#stubbleandstockings

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Point is really though that it shouldn't happen a lot, and we should work on that.

(Original post by toronto353)
    :hugs: Having had trouble from a few people in the local community in the past (including having had abuse shouted at me and my family), I know how you feel. All I can say is that if they're strangers, ignore them, they don't know who you are and the amazing person that you are and you'll probably never see them again. If you do know them, ignore them. I can assure you that it does get better and you will get through this.

My main advice, never stop being who you are and doing what makes you happy - ignore the haters and focus on your happiness.
    Thanks toronto, really.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador

Point is really though that it shouldn't happen a lot, and we should work on that
    Not anything that can be done really.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Not anything that can be done really.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    We can, over time, reduce the stigma around things such as being homosexual/queer in general, and reduce the stigma around being transgender, and part of this is raising awareness of lgbt+ people, giving them representation, listening to them and introducing lgbt+ issues into education, such as having sex ed which is not only aimed at hetrosexual students, but also incorporates those who aren't hetrosexual.

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 15, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.