The Official Cambridge Offer Holders Thread 2016 Entry MK II

University Navigation

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Why not first fix the laughable state of comprehensive schools, and then make schools for people lucky enough to get into them?
    That would be ideal. Trouble is, comprehensive schools won't be fixed, because austerity, bureaucracy and privatisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mostly_Crazy)
    So I've managed to keep my mind off of results by keeping busy for the last few weeks, but now I have an empty week... any ideas to stop me spiralling into a bottomless pit of despair?
    Sure

I've customised this list for your username

Learn maths/programming, its so interesting you will forget entirely about results day
    Binge watch David Attenborough documentaries, get nightmares about insects rather than results day
    Bake cakes for money, get arrested for not having a permit, spend the week in jail, where you will forget about results day as you try to avoid picking up the soap
    Travel to the Calais Jungle and donate more than you bargained for
    Break a leg, spend the week in hospital, worried more about catching a superbug than results
    Kill someone and spend the week on the run

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student403)
    Binge watch a TV show
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Watch a TV show called 'Versailles'. It's very good, though a bit OTT on the raunchiness
    Thanks, I'll have a look!

(Original post by Mathemagicien)
    Sure

I've customised this list for your username

Learn maths/programming, its so interesting you will forget entirely about results day
    Binge watch David Attenborough documentaries, get nightmares about insects rather than results day
    Bake cakes for money, get arrested for not having a permit, spend the week in jail, where you will forget about results day as you try to avoid picking up the soap
    Travel to the Calais Jungle and donate more than you bargained for
    Break a leg, spend the week in hospital, worried more about catching a superbug than results
    Kill someone and spend the week on the run
    I might actually try to learn some programming, I did some a couple of years ago but I've forgotten most of it and it would be good prep for if I take Intro to CompSci...

ReputationRep:
    So it doesn't make sense to appeal STEP (?)

(Original post by jneill)
    He's talking about STEP not A2. The colleges receive the full scripts for STEP anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by krishdesai7)
    So it doesn't make sense to appeal STEP (?)
    Well Zacken said appeals were rare, and I'd think one reason is because the college has the script so they could see any marking problems themselves.

But the fact ATS does allow appeals means that option is ultimately available if necessary.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Attachment 568764
    You have discovered my island!!! My eternal resting place

(Original post by krishdesai7)
    You have discovered my island!!! My eternal resting place
    Err no, I've booked the whole island out for myself ty

ReputationRep:
    Err no, I've booked the whole island out for myself ty
    That can't be possible since I've had a time share there for August for the past 5 years

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Just came to wish you a good luck before results day. Gonna stalk you all (several weeks before results day I know I know).
    Do not stress and stay positive (I mean your charge should be neutral in your cell except the Na- and K+ because of membrane permeability and the slightly negative DNA and neuron potential of -70 mV. What I want to stay is that you should stay neutrally positive in your mind) Sorry I have OCD. I had to say this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    Just came to wish you a good luck before results day. Gonna stalk you all (several weeks before results day I know I know).
    Do not stress and stay positive (I mean your charge should be neutral in your cell except the Na- and K+ because of membrane permeability and the slightly negative DNA and neuron potential of -70 mV. What I want to stay is that you should stay neutrally positive in your mind) Sorry I have OCD. I had to say this
    What does OCD have to do with this? I thought it was just a pretty good (well not too understandable to myself but) bio joke lol
    Anyway thank you, and good luck to you too

(Original post by drandy76)
    That can't be possible since I've had a time share there for August for the past 5 years

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Guess who's given them lots and lots of money...

(Original post by BioOx)
    Thanks

This is giving me A2 biology PTSD though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    What does OCD have to do with this? I thought it was just a pretty good (well not too understandable to myself but) bio joke lol
    Anyway thank you, and good luck to you too
    I do not have OCD. I am joking
    I am just weird and sometimes I have an epiphany when I mention something and that leads to a scientific explanation because I do not want to be misunderstood.

Conclusion: I have the social abilities of a potato. (ALLEGORY)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    I am just weird and sometimes I have an epiphany when I mention something and that leads to a scientific explanation because I do not want to be misunderstood.

Now the mention of a potato is reminding me of the suppressed unpleasant memory of PHYA1.

(Original post by BioOx)

Dw I got your joke

If we stayed positive, we'd be paralysed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)
    I've habituated to these terrible biology jokes.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C0balt)
    Now the mention of a potato is reminding me of the suppressed unpleasant memory of PHYA1.
    We don't talk about PHYA1 :no: I'm still traumatised

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BioOx)

Prsom

ReputationRep:
    Insight314

Can you think of any mathematics terms that sound like names? Need to get a cooler surname for when I'm publishing papers.

ReputationRep:

Can you think of any mathematics terms that sound like names? Need to get a cooler surname for when I'm publishing papers.
    Dr. Alexander Polynomial

Posted from TSR Mobile

Insight314

Apparently Beta is a great name, from what I've seen on TSR threads

Poll
What is your favourite day of the week

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.