Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 9dobbo1)
    • Are you AS or A2? A2
    • What subjects are you taking? EPQ - English Lit, Economics, Maths, Religious Studies
    • To which university are you hoping to go? I have an offer from KCL but I'm almost certainly taking a year off so that I can reapply to Oxford, so will decline
    • To study which subject? Philosophy, Politics and Economics
    • If applicable, what were your AS grades? AAAD (D in Maths)
    • What grades are required for your desired degree? A*AA however I'm hoping to get A* (EPQ) A*A*A*A
    • What grades are you predicted? A* (EPQ) A*A*AB
    • How did your exams go? Well I think, ran out of time in D1, C3 and C4 went well and I may have just clinched an A* but not sure All of my other subjects went pretty well as usual, I'm only really worried about Maths as I cannot get the D I got last year...
    • How are you feeling about results day? Apprehensive after having bad results days in the past, but I also really really really want to know what I got
    • Anything else to add? Does talking about results day make it sooner? Does checking unofficial mark schemes in anyway give me a hint as to how I did? No? Oh.
    How on Earth did you get a D in maths with everything else being excellent if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    How on Earth did you get a D in maths with everything else being excellent if you don't mind me asking?
    I think I just didn't realise the amount of practice I needed to do - I thought I could get away with putting as much effort in as I did for GCSE. Also I didn't have a great Maths teacher in AS year, though it was mostly down to me. This year Maths has been my #1 focus and I've worked tirelessly to get a good grade - including retaking AS. I think and hope I'll get an A and just might get an A* but we'll see. If worse comes to worse I am on a gap year so I could retake, but I really don't want to.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thevamps99xo)
    Your AS results are really good, congrats!! hopefully you'll get into university

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks, I do have offers that I could accept but I really want to try for Oxford again. I got 100% in RS.

ReputationRep:
    I think I just didn't realise the amount of practice I needed to do - I thought I could get away with putting as much effort in as I did for GCSE. Also I didn't have a great Maths teacher in AS year, though it was mostly down to me. This year Maths has been my #1 focus and I've worked tirelessly to get a good grade - including retaking AS. I think and hope I'll get an A and just might get an A* but we'll see. If worse comes to worse I am on a gap year so I could retake, but I really don't want to.
    Tbf i don't think it's physically possible to finish a d1 paper in time unless you're extremely lucky

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    Tbf i don't think it's physically possible to finish a d1 paper in time unless you're extremely lucky
    The one this year was horrific though, because it was actually a very easy paper and I knew how to answer everything. But they made us draw so many damn diagrams I couldn't cope

ReputationRep:
    The one this year was horrific though, because it was actually a very easy paper and I knew how to answer everything. But they made us draw so many damn diagrams I couldn't cope
    Exactly. It's why d1 is my least favorite unit. You're not tested on maths ability. You're tested on writing speed. I couldn't finish it either. And i don't know anyone that did.

ReputationRep:
    Maths has always been the bane of my life

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lucabrasi98)
    Edexcel D1 here, I just about finished BUT I completely ********ted the last question in the hopes of maybe picking up 1 method mark. Scheduling AND a Gantt chart in the same exam... I don't think I've seen that before

ReputationRep:
    Had a dream last night where I got A*A*A. Still disappointed to have woken up

ReputationRep:
    Anyone planning on checking UCAS first before getting your results ?

Imagine getting your firm and finding out they were kind enough to take someone with EEE 🙄
    Though most mid ranked Uni's are more likely to do this I guess ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Altun63)
    Anyone planning on checking UCAS first before getting your results ?

Imagine getting your firm and finding out they were kind enough to take someone with EEE 🙄
    Though most mid ranked Uni's are more likely to do this I guess ?
    I don't think I will have the courage to check UCAS before getting my results! Although I seem to be in the minority there

ReputationRep:
    Results day is the devil's work

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    2 weeks exactly!

Although now I've decided on going through Clearing to go to BU I am so excited! Bring on university!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chloeabeki)
    I don't think I will have the courage to check UCAS before getting my results! Although I seem to be in the minority there
    Same here! I'd rather get my results first then check Track

ReputationRep:
    Actually starting to kinda feel the results day trauma now we're only two weeks away
    My stomach is literally turning at the thought of it
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thanks, I do have offers that I could accept but I really want to try for Oxford again. I got 100% in RS.
    I know right. I'm already planning how to do my A2 year all over again. If I miss my offer I'll be totally gutted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leechayy)
    Actually starting to kinda feel the results day trauma now we're only two weeks away
    My stomach is literally turning at the thought of it
    Posted from TSR Mobile

Ugh same..
    Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by connieiscrazy)
    Same here! I'd rather get my results first then check Track
    Glad I'm not the only person to feel like this.

ReputationRep:
    I swear it was 5 weeks to results day like 5.65 seconds ago..it's going scarily fast..

ReputationRep:
    Getting my results emailed to me at 6am, I feel like I'll be one of the first on this forum to find out

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.