The Student Room Group

UNOFFICIAL MARKSCHEME Edexcel Maths Calculator paper 09/06/2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2220
Original post by Nightly
I used to ALWAYS apply the same method you do and see which is closer and I would ALWAYS lose a mark doing so.

well okay thats you, but i did it in the June 2015 exam and got 4/4. i dont know if that was your teachers marking or an actual examiner though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
This trial and improvement question has probably sparked one of the biggest discussions on TSR lol. I put 3.8 which I'm pretty sure is right?
Original post by ad4m
well okay thats you, but i did it in the June 2015 exam and got 4/4. i dont know if that was your teachers marking or an actual examiner though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

You probably got the full marks because you got lucky and it turns out the answer you rounded to was actually correct.
Reply 2223
Original post by Nightly
You probably got the full marks because you got lucky and it turns out the answer you rounded to was actually correct.

well thanks.... anyway at the end of the day. whats written is written and it wont effect the grade unless youve found yourself on the grade boundary which is slightly unlucky and horrible (ots happened to me before)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ad4m
well thanks.... anyway at the end of the day. whats written is written and it wont effect the grade unless youve found yourself on the grade boundary which is slightly unlucky and horrible (ots happened to me before)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah true. I'm just stressing because I got around 76 in the non-calc and around 90 in the calc seeing myself around the A* grade boundaries.
Reply 2225
Original post by Nightly
Yeah true. I'm just stressing because I got around 76 in the non-calc and around 90 in the calc seeing myself around the A* grade boundaries.

im sure you did it. plus you probably picked up more method marks than you though! i wish you luck hoping u get ur A*. i got 166 last year and A* was 167 so its horrible how it feels. but this time ive counted around 184 so hopefullyl im well in there.. good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by MovedMasterMike
I guess thats true Thanks. After all an A is not that bad and I wanna do Maths for A-level.

Yeah exactly as long as you know what you're capable of don't let one grade stop you from achieving more than you can, good luck for the future :smile:
Was Colin's car 42.28 or 42.29?!!!
I did 145/1000 X 1.80 and got 0.261. How many marks out of 3 would be lost?
Original post by i.nevitable
I got 80.4 degrees but I don't remember using negative reciprocal of cos...

You can also use sine rule
Original post by Avin101Agiggle
1465633305891-1784222836.jpg
I shouldn't be doing this so early on a Saturday

When you put 3.7 into the equation, the answer is too low. When you put 3.8 into the equation, the answer is too high. When you put 3.75 into the equation, it is too low. This means that the answer is between 3.75 and 3.8, which means no matter what number it is between those 2 numbers, they will always round up to 3.8 to 1 decimal place.
Original post by Ikilliloot
Your actually wrong the answer is in fact, 3.7.

Stop embarrassing yourself, it is a grade C question. When you put 3.7 into the equation, the answer is too low. When you put 3.8 into the equation, the answer is too high. When you put 3.75 into the equation, it is too low. This means that x is between 3.75 and 3.8. This means that no matter what number x is between 3.75 and 3.8, they will always round up to 3.8 to 1 decimal place. Stop answering back when you're not sure about the answer and learn from people who know the correct answer.
(edited 7 years ago)
I know 3.7 is wrong, so how many marks would I lose? I took away my answers from 34 and found which one was closet, but I was silly to do that and not use 3.75
Original post by Pst123689
I know 3.7 is wrong, so how many marks would I lose? I took away my answers from 34 and found which one was closet, but I was silly to do that and not use 3.75
wrong answer and not using 3.75 would be 2 marks
Original post by Lucofthewoods
wrong answer and not using 3.75 would be 2 marks

Damn I was hoping for 3 marks :frown: oh well, I made to many silly little mistakes on this paper
Original post by Meegan543210
Yeah exactly as long as you know what you're capable of don't let one grade stop you from achieving more than you can, good luck for the future :smile:

thanks you too!
Original post by Rajive
I did 145/1000 X 1.80 and got 0.261. How many marks out of 3 would be lost?

probably a max of 1 mark. You were meant to do 145/100 I believe. :smile:
I'm literally kicking myself so hard because the silly mistakes I made!!!!!! :frown:
You know for the last question I got 81.1 because I used 3.142 as pie. And I showed my working out and I didn't round up the answers till I got the last one which is 81.1. How many marks would I get?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending