Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flglxpstbxkdls)
    Same here my friend! Economic history department is such a small department... The worse part, however, is that I haven't got any offer from any universities I applied so far...
    Sorry cuz i know this is horribly off the topic, but uve wrongly added up ur SAT Reasoning Test score in ur signature. Adds up to 2180 while uve written 2170.

that is a great score so congrats too btw:cool:

cheers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Hessian)
    A letter was sent off Monday the 24th but I didn't get it until Thursday 27th .. cuz Im living in Germany. I emailed the admissions tutor to give feedback on my application on thursday and got an answer on friday morning.
    However, he didn't say whether it was my score or my essay. So i'll never know .......... i guess ill try again next year ... it won't hurt!

about warwick: I got my offer pretty early. November 6th. I was surprised, too.
    Well, what's your predicted grade for the Abitur, is it 1.3 or better? That might help evaluate your chances of getting in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jong Il Kim)
    what? is it possible to apply LSE with AP only?
    No offense at all, but I thought every applicant must submit both AP and SAT 1 score.
    I mean AP alone is way easier than IB and A-level.
    Yes it is possible, and only because I am a Canadian applicant not American. It's even possible to apply with only courses from our respective provinces (if AP/IB is not accessible to you) but I've never heard of anyone getting in with only those qualifications.

I have no clue about IB/A-level difficulty, but there are certainly harder AP courses and easier ones (LSE has a list of acceptable ones). That being said, LSE gave me an offer for 5555 for my upcoming exams (I've already taken 4 AP courses on top of that), so I don't know! Could've been my PS or reference letters (reason for offering me a place)?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone who has already got qualification, and is international, get asked to send a transcript of the academic record in university?
    is that good or bad?
    by the way, I´m Isabela, from Brazil, applying for Law...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabelambcastro)
    did anyone who has already got qualification, and is international, get asked to send a transcript of the academic record in university?
    is that good or bad?
    by the way, I´m Isabela, from Brazil, applying for Law...
    I think it's a good sign to be honest.
    I know some people have basically gotten Conditional Offers where the condition is to send in all transcripts etc.

Did you get this by email or by UCAS?

Hi Isabela btw .

ReputationRep:
    I got this by e-mail...no conditional offer on UCAS
    I´ll have a few crazy days trying to fight brazilian bureaucracy to get my transcript until Monday (when I´m off to Europe for vacations)
    i just hope this is a good thing. At least I presume I won´t be rejected on Friday, which was my biggest worry...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flglxpstbxkdls)
    Same here my friend! Economic history department is such a small department... The worse part, however, is that I haven't got any offer from any universities I applied so far...
    Ah but you did get an interview for a damn popular course at Oxford!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by marcelbandur)
    thanks mate, I hope you will find a nice LSE offer under the Xmas tree! lol
    that would be the BEST xmas present.
    EVER!

ReputationRep:
    ok so yesterday they sent the shortlisting email.

Today they ask me to complete and send the fee status questionnaire. It's a .pdf file so i dont think ill be able to electronically fill it in and send it. so should i post it to them after printing it? (that'll take round 7 days considering im in pakistan!)

i hope these are good signs...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alikarachi)
    ok so yesterday they sent the shortlisting email.

Today they ask me to complete and send the fee status questionnaire. It's a .pdf file so i dont think ill be able to electronically fill it in and send it. so should i post it to them after printing it? (that'll take round 7 days considering im in pakistan!)

i hope these are good signs...
    Err... update your version of adobe reader, Manchester sent me one of them and I filled it in and e-mailed it back to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theorangecab)
    Yes it is possible, and only because I am a Canadian applicant not American. It's even possible to apply with only courses from our respective provinces (if AP/IB is not accessible to you) but I've never heard of anyone getting in with only those qualifications.

I have no clue about IB/A-level difficulty, but there are certainly harder AP courses and easier ones (LSE has a list of acceptable ones). That being said, LSE gave me an offer for 5555 for my upcoming exams (I've already taken 4 AP courses on top of that), so I don't know! Could've been my PS or reference letters (reason for offering me a place)?
    What course are you applying for?
    Your offers won't get any easier either, if you get one from Camb, it will be the same as your LSE offer...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by isabelambcastro)
    I got this by e-mail...no conditional offer on UCAS
    I´ll have a few crazy days trying to fight brazilian bureaucracy to get my transcript until Monday (when I´m off to Europe for vacations)
    i just hope this is a good thing. At least I presume I won´t be rejected on Friday, which was my biggest worry...
    Oh, right. Still sounds like they are interested in you .

Are your grades currently in portugese or in english?
    If you need to translate them, ask if your school can do it on a official paper and then stamp + sign it. Otherwise, just ask them to print your grades and do the same. You have all your grades ready right?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tribalium)
    Cambridge Warwick UCL(rejected) for economics + KCL for Business
    but all I want is LSE
    SOOOOOBADLY!
    we're actually in the same boat...
    i applied to cams (interview) warwick ucl (rejected) lse and southampton (offer) for econ L100
    i really really really want an offer from lse... its my first choice...

btw, amar09, ad me to the list for economics...

ReputationRep:
    yeh amar09 put me on the list for government and economics please!
    Also i see that some people have been able to find out reasons as to why they got rejected by Oxford. Are you ever able to find out scores in the TSA (cos i got rejected as well)?

ReputationRep:
    Just out of interest, why do the vast majority of people rate LSE so highly?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lamda_sigma)
    we're actually in the same boat...
    i applied to cams (interview) warwick ucl (rejected) lse and southampton (offer) for econ L100
    i really really really want an offer from lse... its my first choice...

btw, amar09, ad me to the list for economics...
    quite a lot here got rejected by UCL for pure economics and pending for LSE economics...
    we all hope that we could hear no news this week and gd news next week!

ReputationRep:
    Can I just say that the email people are getting from the LSE is not a shortlist email. A shortlist implies that only those who made it on to the shortlist will get offers whilst those that didn't will get rejected straight away. Since this is clearly not the case as people get offers without receiving the email, the email does not signify that you have been put on a shortlist.

The LSE receive an extraordinary number of applications and hence it would be very hard for them to make decisions all at once. It is probably for that reason that they take a number of applications aside and make their final decision at a different time i.e after the Jan 15 deadline and after they have received all applications. The criteria for putting people on this 'deferred list' is anyone's guess. It could be anything; for all we know it might even be random. Therefore could people stop referring to this email as a shortlist email because it clearly isn't. It might be beneficial or disadvantageous. Maybe after this year we'll be able to analyse what percentage of people who got this email actually received offers and then come up with a conclusion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gilash89)
    Can I just say that the email people are getting from the LSE is not a shortlist email. A shortlist implies that only those who made it on to the shortlist will get offers whilst those that didn't will get rejected straight away. Since this is clearly not the case as people get offers without receiving the email, the email does not signify that you have been put on a shortlist.

The LSE receive an extraordinary number of applications and hence it would be very hard for them to make decisions all at once. It is probably for that reason that they take a number of applications aside and make their final decision at a different time i.e after the Jan 15 deadline and after they have received all applications. The criteria for putting people on this 'deferred list' is anyone's guess. It could be anything; for all we know it might even be random. Therefore could people stop referring to this email as a shortlist email because it clearly isn't. It might be beneficial or disadvantageous. Maybe after this year we'll be able to analyse what percentage of people who got this email actually received offers and then come up with a conclusion.
    Hear Hear

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gilash89)

in previous pages this short list thingy is made clear and it is called a gather field email
    but people just tend to call it short list email lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tribalium)
    quite a lot here got rejected by UCL for pure economics and pending for LSE economics...
    we all hope that we could hear no news this week and gd news next week!
    i know someone who was predicted 44/45 in IB... she got rejected by ucl as well... i have no idea why!?
    clearly ucl is biased against oxbridge students...
    yeah... i hope the rule doesn't apply this year... i really want to get an offer this week... at least before my cams interview... that will really take the pressure off me...

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 24, 2009
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.