Leeds and Reading Festivals 2009 Watch

blinkbelle
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Flossy_)
i hope Radiohead and only Radiohead get the 2 hour set. If Kings have got this over Radiohead, i have no idea why they organisers have done it that way.
Because Kings of Leon are the 'official' headliner (if you get what I mean) at Leeds, as they're playing the Sunday. The band finishing on the Sunday always get a longer slot, cause they're finishing the festival.
xx
Flossy_
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by blinkbelle)
Because Kings of Leon are the 'official' headliner (if you get what I mean) at Leeds, as they're playing the Sunday. The band finishing on the Sunday always get a longer slot, cause they're finishing the festival.
xx
But you can say that for Radiohead at Reading, cos they play on the Sunday there and 'close' the festival.

Come oooon, Radiohead deserve this slot over Arctic Monkeys and Kings, everyone knows that xD
Creepy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
The postman has just been and I have still not received my tickets. Is anyone else still waiting? Today is the "at least 1 week before the event" deadline, right?

This is for Leeds festival by the way.
Flossy_
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Creepy)
The postman has just been and I have still not received my tickets. Is anyone else still waiting? Today is the "at least 1 week before the event" deadline, right?

i don't have my ticket yet either, this is for Reading. I'm beginning to worry because i'm going up on the wednesday this year, so it's all a bit rubbish really. if i don't have mine tomorrow i'm calling See because i'm leaving my house probably on tuesday and if it isn't despatched by Saturday it's not going to be here :/
blinkbelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Flossy_)
But you can say that for Radiohead at Reading, cos they play on the Sunday there and 'close' the festival.

Come oooon, Radiohead deserve this slot over Arctic Monkeys and Kings, everyone knows that xD
I definately agree that Artic Monkeys don't really deserve the 'Ultimate Headline' spot at either locations. But as I said, it depends on who plays the Sunday at each festival. As I'm off to Leeds, I know it's probs Kings of Leon who'll get the longer set.

Sometimes they take the mick and leave it til a few days before the Festival. Ring them if you're really worried.

xx
strawberry fields
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got a ticket off ebay this morning for Leeds!

I'm going on my own though I don't know anyone thats going!
JmsG
Report 9 years ago
MSTRKRFT vs Gallows ... why are they playing at the same time ?? arggh
Eleanor08
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
inorite. clashes are such a pain this year. l swear literally every band i was really excited about seeing clashes with a band i quite wanted to see.
Manalishi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago

Where did you get it
Creepy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by Manalishi)
Where did you get it
Ticketline.
Manalishi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Ticketline.
Sent today
http://www.ticketline.co.uk/ticket-despatch-tickets
RightSaidJames
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I got a "Swedish" Trangia stove delivered from Fact Surplus today. It's pretty decent, you just buy some meths and light them, and you have a wind guard, a stand and two saucepans, big enough for a few people to eat with. Plus, it packs away really compactly. It's second hand, but still good quality. Quick delivery too.

Link:
http://www.factsurplus.co.uk/product/57
Kreuzuerk
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
My Early Bird came today!
BlueRoses
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I'm going to Leeds!

Having only experienced the extreme banter of T in the Park and Oxegen, I'm a wee bit concerned about an English festival :p:... what are the crowds like? Good atmosphere?
blinkbelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
(Original post by BlueRoses)
I'm going to Leeds!

Having only experienced the extreme banter of T in the Park and Oxegen, I'm a wee bit concerned about an English festival :p:... what are the crowds like? Good atmosphere?
I can't compare as I've never been to T or Oxegen, but Leeds is a great crowd. You get the occassional drunken louts but that applies anywhere there's alcohol I reckon. Hope you have a great experience! xx
BlueRoses
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I can't compare as I've never been to T or Oxegen, but Leeds is a great crowd. You get the occassional drunken louts but that applies anywhere there's alcohol I reckon. Hope you have a great experience! xx
A lack of drunken louts would concern me more wooo I'm really looking forward to it!

How much money would you recommend bringing?
rainbow drops
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
Making a big list of practical things I need like dry shampoo, baby wipes, insect repellent (I get loads of bites and am allergic to them so they swell up, it ain't fun) etc etc and going to go on a big mission around Tesco tomorrow. I'm not bothering to bring anything to cook food on so I'm going to get an insane amount of sausage rolls, crisps, biscuits, sandwich ingredients etc. If I want something hot I'll just buy the odd thing when I'm there. Also going to consult with my friend on what alcohol we're getting, then buy that in the next couple of days - think we'll be going for loads and loads of Strongbow, some vodka and then some Jagermeister to mix with energy drink because I'm a Jagerbomb addict. After I've got everything bought I'm going to properly plan out which bands I'm going to see and when.

I can't bloody wait tbh. It looks as if I'll be going to see a few of the bands alone because of clashes and friends' preferences but I don't mind that at all, I did the same last year for a couple and really liked it, crowd banter for the win! Think my fourth time seeing Radiohead will be alone. Just hoping my phone won't die on me because it keeps switching off of its own accord lately. I might take a Nokia brick with me that I can shove my sim card in if needs be.
blinkbelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
A lack of drunken louts would concern me more wooo I'm really looking forward to it!

How much money would you recommend bringing?
I usually take around £100ish for essentials. I allocate around £20ish a day for food, so that's £80. Plus £20 for emergencies. I don't buy alcohol as I take it with me (saving LOTS of money) but depending on my financial situation I might take an extra £100 to spend on clothes/shopping when I'm there.

xx
BlueRoses
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
I usually take around £100ish for essentials. I allocate around £20ish a day for food, so that's £80. Plus £20 for emergencies. I don't buy alcohol as I take it with me (saving LOTS of money) but depending on my financial situation I might take an extra £100 to spend on clothes/shopping when I'm there.

xx
That sounds upsetting but reasonable enough! I really want a tshirt haha. I wonder what colour the wristbands will be this year....
blinkbelle
Rep:
?
Report 9 years ago
That sounds upsetting but reasonable enough! I really want a tshirt haha. I wonder what colour the wristbands will be this year....
I know I really couldn't even afford a ticket this year so its all overdraft. But it'll be worth it xx
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (4)
44.44%
No - I got the required grades (4)
44.44%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (1)
11.11%

Watched Threads