ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RabbitCFH)
    Haha is he really?
    No.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hedgeman49)
    No.

ReputationRep:
    This Packers performance is not filling me with confidence at all. We look really shaky, giving away 10 yards nearly every rushing attempt against the worst rushing team last year.

Edit - 3 sacks in the 1st quarter! WTF! O-Line's ****!

ReputationRep:
    It's preseason man. heck, my Giants got whooped by Carolina in the first game...with a rookie QB! Same thing happened with the Eagles (awesome 1st game, ****ty 2nd game) and Steelers (****ty 1st game, good 2nd game).

This holdout sucked because it affects my fantasy football!!

ReputationRep:
    Staying up until 4am was definitely worth it last night, considering the 'phins won :proud:. Made me realise just how much I love the NFL. The offseason always breaks me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaah Blaah)
    It was a beautiful tackle though. Came out of nowhere and let out the anger of a **** game all over Polamalu's ankles.
    I think it was about the worst executed tackle in the history of contact sports.

ReputationRep:
    I'd like to see any starting quarterback do what Vick did.

Answer: None.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blaah Blaah)
    It was a beautiful tackle though. Came out of nowhere and let out the anger of a **** game all over Polamalu's ankles.
    He was lucky not to have his neck broken. Appalling tackle.

ReputationRep:
    It was a dreadful tackle, but it didn't look too dangerous for Vick. He hit him with the top of his back and his head was about at Polamalu's stomach. It looked more dangerous for Polamalu and his knees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David22)

Does episode 1 of Friday Night Lights count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by David22)

On Madden I once made Peyton Manning throw an interception and then cause a fumble by tackling so hard, does that count?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mufasaa)
    It was a dreadful tackle, but it didn't look too dangerous for Vick. He hit him with the top of his back and his head was about at Polamalu's stomach. It looked more dangerous for Polamalu and his knees.
    I don't see anything wrong with it-bit dangerious but a good hit and, IMO, not illegal...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WharfedaleTiger)
    I don't see anything wrong with it-bit dangerious but a good hit and, IMO, not illegal...
    If Polamalu had seen him he'd have dodged him with no problem, anyone would've.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mufasaa)
    If Polamalu had seen him he'd have dodged him with no problem, anyone would've.
    Of course-he could have leapt it but you can say that about most 'big' tackles-generally they are dodgable because of the momentum people bring into them. As it was Polamalu didn't and Vick made a good hit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WharfedaleTiger)
    Of course-he could have leapt it but you can say that about most 'big' tackles-generally they are dodgable because of the momentum people bring into them. As it was Polamalu didn't and Vick made a good hit.
    Most big tackles are not technically good tackles, a lot of tackles in the NFL are technically very bad tackles. Vick's was particularly bad, that Polamalu wasn't looking is circumstancial.

ReputationRep:
    link me to vid of mentioned tackle?

ReputationRep:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HMt15QvkPV8

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimbles)
    link me to vid of mentioned tackle?

ReputationRep:
    My word... How did vicks not **** himself... ugly tackle.... Looks like some **** crossbreed of a cut block and tackle...

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.