Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

The Physics PHYA2 thread! 5th June 2013 Watch

• View Poll Results: What mark do you think you got out of 70?
    0-20
    3.00%
    21-40
    6.00%
    41-50
    14.50%
    51-60
    39.50%
    61-70
    37.00%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arminb)
    guys this is an e-petition to stop scrapping January exams, it has already got 10 000 signature.Sign it:
    https://submissions.epetitions.direc...e titions/41702
    Hi! I have already done it before. And, since it has 10k now, it is going to stop the scrapping of jan exams?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Qari)
    A grade starts from 96 UMS
    Alright! Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone remember how try worked out the % efficiency question on that paper ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jbay2902)
    Can anyone remember how try worked out the % efficiency question on that paper ?
    I can not remember. Sorry. Did you get it right btw?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by StalkeR47)
    Hi! I have already done it before. And, since it has 10k now, it is going to stop the scrapping of jan exams?
    no,"
    if it gets at least 100',000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in the House of Commons.

ReputationRep:
    no,"
    if it gets at least 100',000 signatures, it will be considered for debate in the House of Commons.
    Do not you think that 100,000 is kind of impossible?

ReputationRep:
    I can not remember. Sorry. Did you get it right btw?
    Im not sure, what was the answer ?

ReputationRep:
    Im not sure, what was the answer ?
    Answer was 22.2% t 3 s.f.

ReputationRep:
    Do not you think that 100,000 is kind of impossible?
    no probably it is possible as most students are quite pissed by that.Apart from that, it shouldnt stop us trying for it, should it?

ReputationRep:
    no probably it is possible as most students are quite pissed by that.Apart from that, it shouldnt stop us trying for it, should it?
    Yep! Do you think it is a good idea to actually make a thread about this and post this e-petition website in the thread? I am sure many people will come. Actually, you make a thread on TSR I am going to post this on yahoo answers. What do you think?

ReputationRep:
    Answer was 22.2% t 3 s.f.
    Yeah that's what I got !!!!!

For some reason I divided the total Graviational potential energy by 55 (because it took 55 second) then divided that by 320KN then it came out with 22.2% ?

thats how I got it

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that's what I got !!!!!

For some reason I divided the total Graviational potential energy by 55 (because it took 55 second) then divided that by 320KN then it came out with 22.2% ?

thats how I got it
    Yep! You got 3/3 marks then.

ReputationRep:
    Yep! You got 3/3 marks then.
    Thank god haha ! I left that question right until the end and came off lucky I guess

ReputationRep:
    Looking at the unofficial mark scheme, I think I've either got 51 (pessimistic) or 55 (optimistic). How many UMS could both of the marks be, respectively?

ReputationRep:
    Yep! Do you think it is a good idea to actually make a thread about this and post this e-petition website in the thread? I am sure many people will come. Actually, you make a thread on TSR I am going to post this on yahoo answers. What do you think?
    id say the best way is just to copy paste it on different threads and encourage others to do so, this way more people will see it and ,of course, also let other people know in other websites of you can which could be helpful. I think there already is a thread on this anyways.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 123456789012)
    Looking at the unofficial mark scheme, I think I've either got 51 (pessimistic) or 55 (optimistic). How many UMS could both of the marks be, respectively?
    98 and 107 possibly

ReputationRep:
    Do you lose marks for significant figures in this exam?

ReputationRep:
    id say the best way is just to copy paste it on different threads and encourage others to do so, this way more people will see it and ,of course, also let other people know in other websites of you can which could be helpful. I think there already is a thread on this anyways.
    Alright thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by .raiden.)
    98 and 107 possibly
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Well you had the useful energy from the part before,

So I took the power it gave you in the question (320kW?) and multiplied that by the time 55s so you'd have the energy supplied in that time

Efficiency is useful/total * 100

I got 22% (2sf)

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.