The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 2240
Hi everyone, I just received an email from UCAS saying that the similarity detection service has identified passaged of text of my personal statement that has been copied. I am panicking so much because track is not working till Monday and so is the phone lines. I have previously sent in this Personal statement but not through UCAS, through UKPASS as I applied for Postgrad in Further Education. I did however reject that offer and decided to do a PGCE in English. I dont know what to do, I cant stop crying because I cannot afford to not get a place this year. Three years of uni and never been accused of this before. Ive got a glowing reference from both my referee, school experience and a good university degree classification but this accusation can ruin it all for me. HELP!!! do you think it may be because of my previous application through UKPASS, has anyone else ever been through this?
Original post by sandyN91
Hi everyone, I just received an email from UCAS saying that the similarity detection service has identified passaged of text of my personal statement that has been copied. I am panicking so much because track is not working till Monday and so is the phone lines. I have previously sent in this Personal statement but not through UCAS, through UKPASS as I applied for Postgrad in Further Education. I did however reject that offer and decided to do a PGCE in English. I dont know what to do, I cant stop crying because I cannot afford to not get a place this year. Three years of uni and never been accused of this before. Ive got a glowing reference from both my referee, school experience and a good university degree classification but this accusation can ruin it all for me. HELP!!! do you think it may be because of my previous application through UKPASS, has anyone else ever been through this?

I think it could be due to UKPASS, yes. Have you called UCAS?
Reply 2242
Lines are not open sat or sundays!! Its driving me mental
Oh God. I thought they might be open Saturdays. Try not to worry. If it is something you wrote before they should be able to sort it.
Original post by Ar1234
Thankyou
have it at kings

I have an interview at Kings on Friday as well - for RE :smile:

Do you think different subjects are put together for the group sessions or will we be in groups with just other applicants for our own subject? Anyone that has been through it before know?
It's making me nervous everyone getting interviews, well done though!

None of mine have even acknowledged my application, I am applying for 2 SCITT and 1 School Direct, don't know if that would make any difference, this whole process puts me on edge haha!
Original post by Brooksy1704
Feeling much better about the numeracy test now I've been practising on the extra tests you pay for (not sure what it's called!) still nervous about failing though!! :/

Can you give me a link to this please?! I'm so worried about my skills test!
Original post by georgiaclaire_

The one I'm using is called "Numeracy Ready" - if you google that it will come up. It cost £19.99 for 3 months and is really helping me!
Original post by miss_disney
Soryr to hear about sussex,they only have 15 places this year so I don't feel very confident about them, I haven't heard anything yet, but my lecturer only finished my ref this morning so I paid and sent then, so will hopefully hear something next week! That's exciting about chi though! Let me know if you have anymore updates :smile:

Hiya!! I managed to get on to the system last night and the interview is on 12th Dec at 12.30pm - group discussion, two person interviews, test... Eek!! :rolleyes:
Anyone heard anything back from Sunderland?
Original post by smiler000
Hiya!! I managed to get on to the system last night and the interview is on 12th Dec at 12.30pm - group discussion, two person interviews, test... Eek!! :rolleyes:

Ah thats so exciting! Good luck! I'm there for my undergrad at the moment so was told its around the week of 9th of december! so that's pretty spot on ! Good luck! Let me know how it goes! Fingers crossed i Might hear something next week as everything down for the weekend now!
Reply 2251
Has anyone heard anything from the University of Edinburgh Primary PGDE?
Original post by dancing_shoes92
Congrats! I'm applying there for English, what subject is this for?

Hi there! I'm applying for primary! Have you heard anything? Where else have you applied?
Reply 2253
I have an interview for a place on the Primary course at Institute of Education. In the interview email it doesn't mention anything about a presentation or a maths and english test - does anyone know what exactly we're expected to do on the day?
Reply 2254
Original post by magic_box
I have an interview at Kings on Friday as well - for RE :smile:

Do you think different subjects are put together for the group sessions or will we be in groups with just other applicants for our own subject? Anyone that has been through it before know?

maybe thats what they've done grouped diff subjects together
it's not really clear though the group discussion will it just be asking questions like they said??
Reply 2255
Original post by Smartypantsj
I am having the same problem, can you help as I have had to put it on hold and it looks like the system will be down tomorrow and then all weekend until Monday morning....grrrrr

I used the number beginning TA and it worked. Hope that helps. Good luck!
Original post by xxstace123xx
It's making me nervous everyone getting interviews, well done though!

None of mine have even acknowledged my application, I am applying for 2 SCITT and 1 School Direct, don't know if that would make any difference, this whole process puts me on edge haha!

Whats the difference between Scitt and school direct
Original post by smiler000
Hi there! I'm applying for primary! Have you heard anything? Where else have you applied?

My application hasn't been sent off yet, still waiting for secondary reference! Applying to Exeter, Chichester and Solent SCITT! Not many places for any of them, so quite nervous! How about you?
Original post by georgiaclaire_

Its numeracy ready!
just google it! It's 19.99!
Original post by BlissedBlessing
Whats the difference between Scitt and school direct

As far as I am aware, SCITT is a consortium of schools with one main school in which you learn (I am applying to do early years - so curriculum studies and creative learning) things like that, but you can be placed in any of the schools in the consortium (there are 12 in my top choice) for any of the 3 placements.

I think it varies because one SCITT I am applying for has the training facilities in the lead school whereas the other SCITT has a training building within an industrial estate.

School direct is mainly focused on one school who have more control over which training they decide to give you, but the place I have applied for is accredited by my top choice SCITT too so the schools will be similar.

I think School Direct only has to place you in one other school, as you are like their member of staff.

It varies a lot though dependent on where you have applied to :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending