Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Descartes93)
    Hey congrats

If you dont mind me asking, where else do you have the interview?
    Thankyou
    have it at kings

ReputationRep:
    Hey congrats

If you dont mind me asking, where else do you have the interview?
    Where else have u applied for english??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ar1234)
    Where else have u applied for english??
    Goldsmiths and UEL - I was going to apply to Kings actually lol but the small intake put me off bc im sure there are graduates (like you!) who are a million times better/more experienced than me so didn't want to waste a place lol. Congrats again though, its an amazing achievement and you should be proud of yourself regardless! Let us know how the interview goes anyway - really hope it goes well. X

ReputationRep:
    Goldsmiths and UEL - I was going to apply to Kings actually lol but the small intake put me off bc im sure there are graduates (like you!) who are a million times better/more experienced than me so didn't want to waste a place lol. Congrats again though, its an amazing achievement and you should be proud of yourself regardless! Let us know how the interview goes anyway - really hope it goes well. X
    Believe in yourself and i doubt very much I'm more experienced tbh but thank you for your kind words hope all your interviews go well I'm sure you'll ace them all!! And if I'm not wrong i will see you thursday at IOE??

ReputationRep:
    Believe in yourself and i doubt very much I'm more experienced tbh but thank you for your kind words hope all your interviews go well I'm sure you'll ace them all!! And if I'm not wrong i will see you thursday at IOE??
    Yes hopefully! I don't know how we'd spot each other though lol..I will probably be the awkward person staring at everyone to work out if they are you haha!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes hopefully! I don't know how we'd spot each other though lol..I will probably be the awkward person staring at everyone to work out if they are you haha!!!
    Oh yes now thats gona be awkward how are we gona spot each other??

Wait it il send u a pm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smartypantsj)
    where can I find these practice tests in which you are paying for?
    On the same website you find the four free ones.
    they are under extra materials I think it is

ReputationRep:
    Hello everyone

i have just returned from abroad due to a family emergency just before summer. I already know who my references are and what unis I want to go to. Can someone give me a step by step guide on what to do and please tell me of any important dates. I will attempt to finish my personal statement over the weekend and I will get my references by Monday/Tuesday hopefully. I have emailed schools for voluntary work but I don't knowing they'll reply
    On time. I want to do secondary science. I thought to apply for Kings Goldsmiths and UEL. Is it too late for Kings and far fetched. Please give me your brutal honesty. P.S. What are these tests people are doing and are they compulsory?

ReputationRep:
    I am just wandering with regards to References, who did everybody pick? I already have a tutor to do the academic one, but I don't necessarily trust my ex-manager to write one for me. Can you have two tutors? Or can it just be a family friend who is a professional?

Thank You

ReputationRep:
    How do you find out the intake limit?

ReputationRep:
    Hi everyone, I just received an email from UCAS saying that the similarity detection service has identified passaged of text of my personal statement that has been copied. I am panicking so much because track is not working till Monday and so is the phone lines. I have previously sent in this Personal statement but not through UCAS, through UKPASS as I applied for Postgrad in Further Education. I did however reject that offer and decided to do a PGCE in English. I dont know what to do, I cant stop crying because I cannot afford to not get a place this year. Three years of uni and never been accused of this before. Ive got a glowing reference from both my referee, school experience and a good university degree classification but this accusation can ruin it all for me. HELP!!! do you think it may be because of my previous application through UKPASS, has anyone else ever been through this?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandyN91)
    Hi everyone, I just received an email from UCAS saying that the similarity detection service has identified passaged of text of my personal statement that has been copied. I am panicking so much because track is not working till Monday and so is the phone lines. I have previously sent in this Personal statement but not through UCAS, through UKPASS as I applied for Postgrad in Further Education. I did however reject that offer and decided to do a PGCE in English. I dont know what to do, I cant stop crying because I cannot afford to not get a place this year. Three years of uni and never been accused of this before. Ive got a glowing reference from both my referee, school experience and a good university degree classification but this accusation can ruin it all for me. HELP!!! do you think it may be because of my previous application through UKPASS, has anyone else ever been through this?
    I think it could be due to UKPASS, yes. Have you called UCAS?

ReputationRep:
    Lines are not open sat or sundays!! Its driving me mental

ReputationRep:
    Oh God. I thought they might be open Saturdays. Try not to worry. If it is something you wrote before they should be able to sort it.

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou
    have it at kings
    I have an interview at Kings on Friday as well - for RE

Do you think different subjects are put together for the group sessions or will we be in groups with just other applicants for our own subject? Anyone that has been through it before know?

ReputationRep:
    It's making me nervous everyone getting interviews, well done though!

None of mine have even acknowledged my application, I am applying for 2 SCITT and 1 School Direct, don't know if that would make any difference, this whole process puts me on edge haha!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brooksy1704)
    Feeling much better about the numeracy test now I've been practising on the extra tests you pay for (not sure what it's called!) still nervous about failing though!! :/
    Can you give me a link to this please?! I'm so worried about my skills test!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgiaclaire_)
    Can you give me a link to this please?! I'm so worried about my skills test!
    The one I'm using is called "Numeracy Ready" - if you google that it will come up. It cost £19.99 for 3 months and is really helping me!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by miss_disney)
    Soryr to hear about sussex,they only have 15 places this year so I don't feel very confident about them, I haven't heard anything yet, but my lecturer only finished my ref this morning so I paid and sent then, so will hopefully hear something next week! That's exciting about chi though! Let me know if you have anymore updates
    Hiya!! I managed to get on to the system last night and the interview is on 12th Dec at 12.30pm - group discussion, two person interviews, test... Eek!! :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard anything back from Sunderland?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.