Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Great win for Ipswich. Looking good for McCarthy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rock Fan)
    Yeah they were chanting that near the end of the game, could hear it on the TV. One thing you can say Leeds fans for most of that match outsung Derby fans comfortably
    But good away support doesn't get you points

In all seriousness, you probably won't see a more comfortable win than that. I think I remember one shot from Leeds in the whole game and that was it. We were in complete control, largely thanks to Hughes and Eustace, who were both brilliant.

Genuinely don't know how we got beat by that shower at their place.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Scott129)
    But good away support doesn't get you points

In all seriousness, you probably won't see a more comfortable win than that. I think I remember one shot from Leeds in the whole game and that was it. We were in complete control, largely thanks to Hughes and Eustace, who were both brilliant.

Genuinely don't know how we got beat by that shower at their place.
    Yeah I mean Derby didn't get out of first gear, they never needed to.

ReputationRep:
    Rumours circulating that Chesterfield's Eoin Doyle, who is League One's top scorer with 18 goals, is heading to Sheffield United. CFC have supposedly put a £2m price tag on him, but I doubt we would get that despite him being worth that, and I'd be gutted if he went to a (somewhat) local rival, when he can clearly do better as I reckon both clubs will finish in similar positions, come May.

ReputationRep:
    Bournemouth, Ipswich and Derby for promotion then. One of them through the play-offs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IDukem)
    I figured I'll pop in and say hello. A supporter of my hometown club of Bath City (and a fan of Liverpool...I've always liked them)

Tan :sad:

I hope there will be a day when there's an end to the madness over there

Haha, thanks! and Bath sounds cool!

I'd love to hear from a Blackpool fan and how they feel about Oyster at their club. Cardiff are looking at having their lowest ever attendance at the stadium for the FA Cup fixture. They've only managed to sell 2,000 tickets!!

But a happy new year to you all anyway, let's hope 2015 is full of Football League entertainment.. !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethhPhill)
    Haha, thanks! and Bath sounds cool!

I'd love to hear from a Blackpool fan and how they feel about Oyster at their club. Cardiff are looking at having their lowest ever attendance at the stadium for the FA Cup fixture. They've only managed to sell 2,000 tickets!!

But a happy new year to you all anyway, let's hope 2015 is full of Football League entertainment.. !
    Inconsistent defines Bath this season. We beat Bristol Rovers (league above us) away from home in the FA trophy, but have also lost 7-1 to East Thurrock who's a league below us in the FA cup :lol: Inconsistency is real cool

Wasn't long ago they were making waves in the premier league as well. Only 2'000!? Now that's a statement and a half. They might reduced ticket sales significantly then in order to get more tickets.

Happy New Year to you too

ReputationRep:
    Aldershot Town at the Hive tomorrow. Barnet will be top of the league regardless of the result.

Come on you Bees!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shawn_o1)
    Bournemouth, Ipswich and Derby for promotion then. One of them through the play-offs
    Wouldn't be surprised if Middlesbrough took one of their places, perhaps if Bournemouth get the yips.

ReputationRep:
    So Dave Whelan is banned for 6 weeks (yes weeks) for racist comments. For context, UEFA banned the President of the Italian FA for 6 months for a similar offence. The FA are toothless as ever.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by barnetlad)
    Wouldn't be surprised if Middlesbrough took one of their places, perhaps if Bournemouth get the yips.
    I don't agree, Bournemouth are the strongest team out of the four mentioned. They are consistently getting high margin victories and have a good all round squad, can't see them faltering at any point in the second half of the season.
    Although the same can be said for Ipswich I don't think they have a midfield on the same level as promotion rivals and if they end up in the play-offs I don't think they will secure a place.

ReputationRep:
    Happy New Year Football Leaguers!

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TornadoGR4)
    Happy New Year Football Leaguers!

Spoiler:
    Show
    My signature's a better picture of Mowatt, to be fair

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Scott129)
    My signature's a better picture of Mowatt, to be fair
    Can't see on mobile, Mowatt is a really good player though. I believe he could fit in with one of the league's better teams & he's still only 19. If we were to go down I certainly expect Mowatt to be snapped up by a decent team.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    No football today from the Football League is a shame.

ReputationRep:
    3-0 Bath, I'll take that to the bank over our closest rivals

Scored in the 90th minute as well, we usually concede in them

ReputationRep:
    Think people are being too quick to count Watford out. Think we'll be there or thereabouts.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CraigWM)
    Think people are being too quick to count Watford out. Think we'll be there or thereabouts.

Your 3rd goal against Cardiff was class! We gifted you goals with our abysmal defending!! But I agree, Watford could give it a good go come the end of the season.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BethhPhill)
    Your 3rd goal against Cardiff was class! We gifted you goals with our abysmal defending!! But I agree, Watford could give it a good go come the end of the season.
    Unfortunately the guy who scored that, Guedioura, is only on loan from Crystal Palace until today and we're not sure if we can get him back, especially as we just signed another player on loan, our loan quota is around 6 or 7 now.

ReputationRep:
    Mccootie with a scissor kick for his second and Bath's second was :coma:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 19, 2018
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.