Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi
    My son's going from Ireland.

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the U.S., so it's too far for me to go to the offer holders day. Wish I could!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    What makes a personal statement LSE quality? And would they take people with a better ps over people with higher grades? Eg 95ums+
    Basically showing that your head over heels for your subject.

I had two friends last year who applied with me, one had virtually straight A*s GCSE, perfect predictions, 97% avg but didn't get in. Rejection letter said "while PS was good, it wasn't as good as that of other applicants." The other had 4A*s GCSE, lower predictions and sub-90 UMS and he got in (but in March). Make of that what you will.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nyawke)
    Or no offer today, no rejection tomorrow and you will see next week...
    ever the optimist hahaha

ReputationRep:
    Just been reading over a few pages of this thread and I've noticed that people who are getting rejected are getting rejected at the end of the 8 (8+2) week period and those who are receiving the 4 week email are receiving it after 7 weeks of the 8(8+2) email. My 8 weeks is up next week so I'm trying to work out if the above is true, that if I don't receive a 4 week email tomorrow then theres a much higher chance of me getting rejected next week. Am I seeing things or have others noticed that too?

ReputationRep:
    My 8 week email ended weeks a go and I still haven't heard anything! Different departments do things at different times so don't panic...

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone going to the offer holders' day in April?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by uncleshneb)
    My 8 week email ended weeks a go and I still haven't heard anything! Different departments do things at different times so don't panic...
    What did you apply for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave97)
    What did you apply for?
    Maths and econ, wbu?

ReputationRep:
    Maths and econ, wbu?
    My 8 weeks for maths and econ ended last week and I still haven't heard anything, so you're not the only one! I think we might get a 4 week email tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ak2015)
    My 8 weeks for maths and econ ended last week and I still haven't heard anything, so you're not the only one! I think we might get a 4 week email tomorrow.
    I got mine one week after my eight weeks ended

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by inclop4.5)
    I got mine one week after my eight weeks ended

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Have they sent you their final decision yet?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone ever received an offer on Friday? Terrified I'm getting a rejection tomorrow (govt and econ applicant)

ReputationRep:
    Maths and econ, wbu?
    Anthropology and Law

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Basically showing that your head over heels for your subject.

I had two friends last year who applied with me, one had virtually straight A*s GCSE, perfect predictions, 97% avg but didn't get in. Rejection letter said "while PS was good, it wasn't as good as that of other applicants." The other had 4A*s GCSE, lower predictions and sub-90 UMS and he got in (but in March). Make of that what you will.
    Hmmmm, my personal statement is coherent and concise, but worried I don't develop all my points. I guess I'm gonna wait to find out but seems like the LSE personal statement could be the same BS stumbling block as Oxbridge interviews

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I was thinking that,good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jchap9776)
    Hmmmm, my personal statement is coherent and concise, but worried I don't develop all my points. I guess I'm gonna wait to find out but seems like the LSE personal statement could be the same BS stumbling block as Oxbridge interviews
    Yh I feel the over-emphasis on the PS is unfair, but that's the game we've gotta play . Anyways, hope it goes well you man!

ReputationRep:
    Have they sent you their final decision yet?
    Hi!I've also applied for maths and econ and now into my 8+2+4 weeks. I think I'll get a decision by this month if they don't send me another waiting email.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyZhang)
    Hi!I've also applied for maths and econ and now into my 8+2+4 weeks. I think I'll get a decision by this month if they don't send me another waiting email.
    Best of luck, I hope it goes well for you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boy_wonder_95)
    Yh I feel the over-emphasis on the PS is unfair, but that's the game we've gotta play . Anyways, hope it goes well you man!
    Cheers mate

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.